Assalamualaikum To All,
Although i had posted a few pics already of my bike, i am starting this thread a bit late after buying ravi piaggio storm 125 just to share the experience.
Previously i owned a Honda Cd 100, Bought Cd 100 in 2006 and kept it for 6 years till 2012, It was an excellent bike and never gave me any kind of trouble for the whole 6 years really went well and even now was in very good genuine condition.
Then after reading many reviews of different bikes on P.W. and looking at different bikes available in the market i went for Ravi Piaggio 125 and bought the bike on Nov 1st 2012. Then sold my Cd 100 to a friend the next week after i bought Piaggio 125.
Here are pics of my bike
Some Initial Problems which i had to face.
1. There where noises from the front wheel bearing at just 200 K.M.
2. When the bike was just driven 300 K.M. the speedometer cable broke
3. The tappets adjustment was not good and there was engine noise
4. Spark Plug quality was not good
5. Noise was coming from the speedometer
Solutions To the above mentioned Problems.
1. The front wheel bearings was easily changed by piaggio warranty center under warranty and they are working excellent now
2. Speedometer cable was also changed under warranty from warranty center and is operating fine now
3. Tappets they said would be adjusted at 1000 K.M. first service and not to be adjusted before that.
4. Spark plug would also be changed at 1000 K.M.
5. The speedometer was touching key hole so they adjusted the speedometer and moved it a bit away from the key hole the noise went away
The overall experience of the bike went really well if i had any issue the problem was resolved by the warranty center and any faulty part was easily claimed. Its an excellent bike specially if we see the styling and comfort and there is no bike like Piaggio 125 currently in the Pakistani market and i really enjoy the ride of the bike.
Some pics of different Piaggio's in different countries
Piaggio's in China - 1 - Page 8
Piaggio's in China - 2 - Page 8
Piaggio's in Srilanka - Page 8
Ravi Piaggio's modified in Lahore - Page 10
Ravi Piaggio with digital meter - Page 14
Ravi piaggio with Dual silencer - Page 16
Some modifications with Pics
1.Changing the rear indicator position and removing the orginal indcator holders and rear grab bar - Page 4
2.Changing original ignition coil with cultus ignition coil in piaggio - Page 7
Second phase Modifications
3.Wiring and electronic boosting
4.Rear Aluminium Rim
5.Sporty chain cover
6.Rear 120/80 -17 Bridgestone Batlax
7.Grips from complete Flat local Clipon's to Heavy bike Raised Clipon's
8.CarbonFiber wrapped side tappays - page 16
9.Front Rim 2.15-17, Rear rim 4.0-17 (Make original Honda)
10.Front Tire 100/80-17, Rear 140/70-17 (Make Dunlop Aeromax GT-501 Japan - Pair F & R, both tubeless)
11.Custom rear sprocket
12.Rear Disk Brake with calliper (Make Nissin Honda CBR 250)
13.Changed all bushes and bearings for axle fitting in rims
14.custom made spacers for rims (Make local kharadiya)
15.Custom rear brake Hub (Make local kharadiya)
16.Custom Cut Front Mudguard (Honda CBR maybe or Bandit not sure)
17.Increased height from rear by 2 inches by using spacers in shocks
18.Changed all four indicators again
19.Changed headlight again back to original headlight
21.Small fairing covering only the sides partially
22.Carbon paper on fairings and side tappays
23.Matt black paint on rims and front mudguard
24.Removed chain cover (no space left for fitting)
25.New Rear view mirrors and handle grips
Sound test and a slight tire spin
Some Pics while returning from Lahore To Islamabad on GT Road - page 15
Ravi Piaggio Storm Complete User Manual
Part 1 ( Front page to Page 12 )
Part 2 ( Page 13 - 27 )
Part 3 ( Page 28 - 42 )
Part 4 ( Page 43 - 57 )
Part 5 ( Page 58 - Back Page )
Pics of extremely modified ravi piaggios and others in LHR (facebook page)