• 1 Post By Horse_rider
  • 1 Post By moonraider

Thread: Santro CNG Mileage !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Santro CNG Mileage !

Hi i want to know santro CNG mileage in one filling plus its cylinder size ! As i am going to get one ! plus its problems on gas or any other which is imp !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting 150-160 KM/h in city Isb/Rwp. and 200+ on motorway. no issue on CNG, in fact very minor and hardly noticeable difference in petrol and CNG.

The only one Issue with Santro and Baleno like other EFI cars as well is that, it has some misfiring issue, but not with all santros and Balenos, so when you go for buying one, check its misfiring issue. Mine don't misfire.

Mine is after Market CNG cylinder with 50 litres while FF CNG cylinder has 14 litres each with three cylinders, 14x3=42 litres in total.
    accord7362 likes this.
    현대 애인

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I owned a santro..it had misfiring then i changed plug cables and it was just fine.. b lieve me it gave me about 200kms in city with if i ran on a light gas pedal..mine was not ff cng.. it was landi r with 50 cylinder..keep filter clean..electricity to engine should be spot on with santro then everything should be fine.. best of luck
    u can contact me if any issue.. im not an expert with this but can guide with wat i know..
    AH
    accord7362 likes this.
    NA cultus 06;stock g10 all motor;faulaadi pistons;half blocked air intake;saada air filter;NGK copper plugs;not so Free Flow exhaust & piping;50kg compressed CH3..want more??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assalam O Alaikum ,
    i also own a santro ,
    can you please tell me , what is meant by "misfiring"
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically a misfire is when the engine does not ignite the fuel mixture inside a cylinder at the right time. It's a common problem in Santro and Liana.

How do you know your car is misfiring? The best indication of misfiring is when you are driving and your car's RPM falls down suddenly as if you car is about to stop, but the engine revs up when you hit the accelerator. Sometimes it just might stop and you'll have to start the engine again, that's when it's troublesome.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moonraider View Post
    I owned a santro..it had misfiring then i changed plug cables and it was just fine.. b lieve me it gave me about 200kms in city with if i ran on a light gas pedal..mine was not ff cng.. it was landi r with 50 cylinder..keep filter clean..electricity to engine should be spot on with santro then everything should be fine.. best of luck
    u can contact me if any issue.. im not an expert with this but can guide with wat i know..
    AH
    cud u plz tel me some tips abt how r u getting 200km in city
    mine only does max 100km
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro im no tech at this but there are a lot of factors..long list lets c IMO
    -well tuned car (cng and petrol) (clean filter,plugs,wires..and should not knock when u press pedal suddenly at low speed)
    -get throttle body serviced..(caution:qualified person..also may or may not effect mileage :p mine didnt effect, in ur case may work as its supposed to be clean..)
    -ist of all around 200 in city!!..the terms varies..my daily drive involves highway ie 5th gear max usage.. (200 means no traffic jams included)
    -condition of car matters (mine was untouched engine wise also spot on although 125k odo)
    -CNG quality matters,stick to one good cng station,in isloo cng quality is v gud so that may b a v valid cause of < mileage
    -driving style matters (don't stretch it.. try these gear shifts (1st(0-10),2nd(10-20) so on such dat @60-65kms turn to fifth) no need to drag in low gears when u dont need to..
    -turn to neutral on signals and long stops,turn lights off at night when u dont need 'em
    -dont do unnecessary revving of engine, long engine warm ups after starts
    they are small things but do wonders in long run and add up to increase mileage
    hope its of use to u
    peace and AH
    NA cultus 06;stock g10 all motor;faulaadi pistons;half blocked air intake;saada air filter;NGK copper plugs;not so Free Flow exhaust & piping;50kg compressed CH3..want more??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rapbandit
    technical description by carn..
    i may be wrong but here's my 1cent.. a lay-man's version:
    simply saying car's idle should be smooth,not irregular..uniform rpm
    when u drive at low speeds it shouldnt knock,jerk when it shouldnt..
    when u give sudden race it should not give u a "pattakha" in return.. it should pick the race up as it should respond..

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moonraider View Post
    bro im no tech at this but there are a lot of factors..long list lets c IMO
    -well tuned car (cng and petrol) (clean filter,plugs,wires..and should not knock when u press pedal suddenly at low speed)
    -get throttle body serviced..(caution:qualified person..also may or may not effect mileage :p mine didnt effect, in ur case may work as its supposed to be clean..)
    -ist of all around 200 in city!!..the terms varies..my daily drive involves highway ie 5th gear max usage.. (200 means no traffic jams included)
    -condition of car matters (mine was untouched engine wise also spot on although 125k odo)
    -CNG quality matters,stick to one good cng station,in isloo cng quality is v gud so that may b a v valid cause of < mileage
    -driving style matters (don't stretch it.. try these gear shifts (1st(0-10),2nd(10-20) so on such dat @60-65kms turn to fifth) no need to drag in low gears when u dont need to..
    -turn to neutral on signals and long stops,turn lights off at night when u dont need 'em
    -dont do unnecessary revving of engine, long engine warm ups after starts
    they are small things but do wonders in long run and add up to increase mileage
    hope its of use to u
    peace and AH
    thnxx bro
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have santro ............ its Club 2006 GV. on 14 *3 = 42L cyl it gives me 120 km / cyl in city and on highway it give 175 km/cyl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ur welcome..tc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do lemme know if u gain any mileage..
    Best of luck!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you keep on driving a santro on cng you'll soon get burnt valves ... only starting on petrol is not enough drive either 1 km daily on petrol or drive 20 to 30 kms on petrol after every 500 Kms driving on CNG ... mark my words
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aantherax
    you may be right but 5 years of running on cng with only start on petrol and very occasional petrol run didnt burn any valves in my santro and her engine was perfect also..
    i may have been lucky :p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

havent noticed any jerks at low speed , neither and odd reaction at sudden race, but yeah smetimes when my car reaches 80km/h speed , it than feels like its not picking any more speed , and goes above 80km/h at really slow tempo.. i think i need to get my CNG tuned up ... would tht help ?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have santro 2004 in lahore
    In City. I gets mileage 135-145km in winter latest was 142km in mid feb 2012. In summer i get 145-155.

At Highways i think i will get mileage of 200km. i dont remember my last mileage at highways.

I have one single cylinder i think its 7 or 8 kg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ideal Mileage for Santro 2001 (non-EFI)

What should be ideal Petrol and CNG mileage for Santro Prime Model:2002 (non-EFI)?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16km/l and 22km/kg is the ideal which i am getting through my Santro model 2006

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List