Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Petrol being used when car running on CNG

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Petrol being used when car running on CNG

A friend of mine needs help. He has Honda City model 2004 and is complaining that the car is using 200-300 rupees of petrol after every 40-50 kilometers of the car being driven on CNG.

Is this possible in any way? Anybody know the solution / ever had this problem???

Sorry if this is a repost, if so, would someone kindly paste the link of previous discussion.

Thanks a lot!!!!
    Most cars in Pakistan are twin turbo. Turbo 1=Turn AC OFF. Turbo 2=Switch Car from CNG to Petrol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May Be there is a petrol leakeage cuz not possible ive got a 98 khyber got it CNG'd 6 years back since then we keep petrol of maximum 300 in it due to petrol prices and due to CNG in my car the needle is on E and i always get my car CNG refuled when its Red Light And once in a blue moon kabhi kabhi zehn say nikal jata hai yeh CNG pump door hota hai CNg is finished i convert my car on petrol and the petrol is there and that petrol u can imagine is about a 1 or possibly 1 and half month back Fuelled so Pettrol Leakge my guess should get his car checked urgently!!!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes wajah is rite.check petrol leakage.
    however,the other possibilty is that the emulator is not fuctioning properly and not shutting down the injectors completly hence fuel is going in cylinders but in that case he should feel loss of power due to fuel mixing etc.gari mai vibration aa jati hai or pick hi kahtum ho jati hai.
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have heard a similar complain from a civic vti owner that the car consumes petrol along with cng... u have to search for that topic or request the admins to post its link here cause i couldn't find it
    if tc=p then hc=m where tc is equal to toyota corolla and p is equal to paindu, and hc is equal to honda civic and m is equal to moron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not a big deal u have to change ur ADVANCER RS2500
    I'm nt wht u think,I'm wht ITHINK!!Beside all this rude stuff m a smple humanbeing vo wnt 2'ev everything perfect otherwa NOTHING.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Lotus Yeah i tried searching the forums but couldn't find the thread.

@haroonnadeem thanks! ill let my friend know of your suggestion

admins can you jump in?
    Most cars in Pakistan are twin turbo. Turbo 1=Turn AC OFF. Turbo 2=Switch Car from CNG to Petrol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people; control money and you control the world"

-- Henry Kissinger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro it has an EFI kit, it automatically converts from petrol to CNG on pre setted RPM. make sure of the setting of the convertion 2 CNG. may be it is set on high rpm so it continues running on petrol.
    NO HARD WORK; ONLY SMART WORK

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

must be leakage problam
    1.5 sohc mk1 suzuki khyber.........Mehroz Khan Niazi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well i have made it sure with him that the car is on cng. This is what i suspect too that even on cng, petrol is being injected as it would be normally because a petrol city would use about 300 rupees petrol (approx 3.5 litres) for every 40-50 km city driving @ 12 km per liter.

but what i need is solid advice from someone who has had this experience. My friend has shown the car to a cng mechanic who fixed it for the time being but after a little while the problem resurfaced.

im still searching for that old thread, still no success

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be a leak or it may be the issue of late conversion from Petrol to CNG on startup. Our office baleno had this problem (not so severe though). It was not set up on RPM. I would rev it ever so high on right after start but it wouldn't convert. You can ask your cousin after how much time does the car switch to CNG. The baleno i'm talking about consumed this much petrol (Rs. 300-400) after a couple of cylinder fills.
    Also check if there's any possible (very minor) mixing of petrol with CNG when the car is on CNG.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@iceman_kimi

Bro he's saying that the car consumes petrol while running.So it's not conversion from CNG to petrol issue.

@saad

Get the emulator changed.I faced the same problem with my city.And only solution is to change the emulator.
    I reosleved ur issue in 2nd reply,but i guess u didn't read it.
    mag88 and mag88 like this.
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh sorry Qaiser.... you are right. I'll call him up right now.

I was looking for someone who had this experience himself so I could recommend the fix to him with confidence.

Now that I know that a dependeable pakwheeler friend has had the same experience, my mission is accomplished

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got experience i already told u its a problem of advancer it is not working properly so change it ur car will be ok
    I'm nt wht u think,I'm wht ITHINK!!Beside all this rude stuff m a smple humanbeing vo wnt 2'ev everything perfect otherwa NOTHING.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sir jee every EFI consumes petrol on starting and there are diffrent settings of advancer to convert the engine to CNG i mean one of my friends is happy in setting his ride conversion on 4000RPMs may be he is having the same setting b/c to reach 4000Rpms you have to press the pedal to get it converted and may be your friend does'nt do that and start driving the car on petrol... i also have a honda city it converts on 1500Rpms so until i drive it on petrol on long trips petrol remains in the tank
    ~ Be a responsible citizen and always drive safely ~

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

first hand experience for you man, My Baleno 1.6 Gti consumes 600 Rs petrol after every 250 to 300 KM appx may be more..... I went to 1 mechanic he adviced emulator change n i agreed but he wont have orignal landi ranzo one so i decided to meet him on friday but due to any reason i went to LHR where i went to another mechanic for that and you ppl will be amaized to here that back pipe of petrol from tank is sending petrol after cut off on CNG, Means due to pressure built in fuel tank a back fuel pipe is sending fuel to engine, Plz check this thing too

How to check.

Start your car and convert it to CNG and remove fuel pipe that is taking excess fuel back to tank from engine side if it's getting overflow it means you have same problem and you have to change the valve at the other end in the fuel tank.......

do let me know if problem fixed and be happy

Thanks
    Ocean
    mag88, mag88, onlyfaith and 1 others like this.
    May Allah give us strength to extend happiness around us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Imtishal u r right some times the emulator is not able to cut the injector pulse totally n the injectors keep on working with a week pulse. A mechanic without knowing the real problem sets the gas mixture upto the point where both the fuel does not make a richer mixture. so the car keep on performing normal with dual fuel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Injection of petrol while running on CNG due to built up pressure inside fuel tank

Dear Ocean: "Thanks Buddy your comments/experience helps me a lot and save my lot of money, it happened to me too few days back and mechanic told me to tune CNG KIT and bla bla bla costing more than 1500 Rs., after reading your post I checked the pressure relief pipe and found it is blocked --- I simply thank you & keep helping people"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    Hi,

first hand experience for you man, My Baleno 1.6 Gti consumes 600 Rs petrol after every 250 to 300 KM appx may be more..... I went to 1 mechanic he adviced emulator change n i agreed but he wont have orignal landi ranzo one so i decided to meet him on friday but due to any reason i went to LHR where i went to another mechanic for that and you ppl will be amaized to here that back pipe of petrol from tank is sending petrol after cut off on CNG, Means due to pressure built in fuel tank a back fuel pipe is sending fuel to engine, Plz check this thing too

How to check.

Start your car and convert it to CNG and remove fuel pipe that is taking excess fuel back to tank from engine side if it's getting overflow it means you have same problem and you have to change the valve at the other end in the fuel tank.......

do let me know if problem fixed and be happy

Thanks
    Ocean

very nice tip given.. thanx for sharing
    top documentaries " Tears of Gaza"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

can car run with both CNG and Petrol simultaneously??? i believe even small amount of petrol mixed with cng will cause severe jerks and render the car un driveable at all...

the petrol is consumed in engine cylinders injected through injectors....emulators cuts the pulse on injectors letting no petrol for cumbustion...only if any of injectors are leaking will let petrol in cylinders.... the fuel pump maintains pressure in common rail and excess fuel goes back in tank maintained through fuel regulator...so fuel keeps circulating without being consumed in combustion...

well that's my understanding....correct me for any part which is wrong...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List