Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: Upgrading Honda Road Master - 185 Twin (You dont buy a RM You have to earn it)

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

Default Upgrading Honda Road Master - 185 Twin (You dont buy a RM You have to earn it)

1. Guys I have been keen and waiting to have a Honda classic series bike for a long time and finally got one CD-185 twin, but after having it I was very much "OFF" because of very less availablity of Spare parts, professional mechnics and all that, plus after each day or a two its harness wiring was causing me hell of a problem so I searched for its wire diagram on net and find one, bought some good wiring cables and re wired the whole bike plus I upgraded its from old point system to up to date CDI system, using magnetto of Honda CB 250 Night Hawk, and the whole project turned out to be a hell of a success, now she ran smoother in ride then ever before, beams and lyts are awesome, rather then those 6v dull lights.

2. After having success I gained a more realiabilty on my project so I changed its clutch housing and Friction set and clutch side cover with CD 125T which has more smaller weight gear (smaller gear more speed). She does a ~120/118 after the upgrade before that she reached hardly 110 at full throtle.

3. lastly and recently I upgraded it gear set from 4 gears (Stock CD 200/185) to (5 gear) CBR 125 - (find ur self 80s model of CBR 250 they had a same gear set fitting , and it was hard to believe for me even she reaches ~148KMH on highways, doesnt accerate well in high gears but its a hell of a speed, and I believe if some one good rider (the Dirty Kawasaki rider) can make it clock upto 160 for sure coz I didnt throtle it full, as I was little hessitant to do that wen she was already around 150kmh. now I am thinking to uprade its Engine block from 180 to 224cc (Night Hawk Engine block)

Updates :

HOW IT WAS BEFORE :
    Upgrading your Road Master CD 200  185 Twin -408596

HOW IT LOOKS NOW :

Upgrading your Road Master CD 200  185 Twin -408593 Upgrading your Road Master CD 200  185 Twin -408594 Upgrading your Road Master CD 200  185 Twin -408595

Engine Capcity 200cc >> 250cc
    Tranmission 4 Speed >> 5 Speed

Ignition Point System >> CDI Unit System

Classic Looks >> Modern Roadster Looks
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/biking/232004-bikers-doctor-two-engineers-go-nuts-rainy-hills

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

My Avator Pic is my own pic clocking around 155 + at N-5 Highway
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/biking/232004-bikers-doctor-two-engineers-go-nuts-rainy-hills

FC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jahn tak i now night hawk CB-250 ko kehty hain......aur Cb series is the king.........i also own CB-180 its the beast 5gear transmission
    My Vehicle is an ALL MOTOR. Seriously, Who needs a turbo when u have a Stupidly Quick Naturally Aspirated Motor???? Real Motors don't need Forced Induction. EG for life

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mere pas b cd185 thi mene 5 gear ,rpm meter clutch cover ,kawasaki meter aloy rims disk brakes cd200 ka point cover n weight n piston bhi cd200 k daly thy almost 1 lac kharcha kia im missing it mene 70000 me bech di thi
    ikd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is the link

http://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!89739~ForumID!22~pw.html
    ikd

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

Imran u modified ur Bike Nicely I saw your thread...
    kafi achi suggestion agaye hain meray mind mien ...

and yes Imran did u throtle her to its uper limits with 5-speed gear box ?
    what was the Top speed ? My one goes maximum 155 Kmh and needs a real long road for that. lolz

I have attached a step wise pic of what I have been doing with my bike over the past time and currently its all opened into pieces in my whole garage :-P

hope u ill enjoy

Upgrading your Road Master CD 200  185 Twin -3267

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

@FC : Man yes I like CB series too, that why I am mostly uprgrading my one using CB series spare parts.
    BUT its just second to actuall sports "CBR" series in performance but
    they more relaibale then CBR in long term useage as commuting.

hey man upload ur CB 180 pics, so we can see how u maintained it.
    N0m1 and N0m1 like this.

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

@Imran : man how did you installed the RPM cable in engine side cover ???
    because side cover mien design tu hai RPM ki jagah ka magar wahan per cable RPM cable liganay ki tu koi jagah nahi hai ...

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

I am planing to upgrade the bikes front forks to give her more laid back look and comfortable long ride

Upgrading your Road Master CD 200  185 Twin -3268

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, how much did that night hawk magnet cost you ?
    This time when you vote make sure you don't vote for your personal gains but for Pakistan's gain, Ultimately it will be your gain a lot more than you desire.

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

Hi guys .... didnt see any reply from Imran or Mr FC ???

@daniyalahmad:

yes you can upgrade ur CD 70 electrics
    infact all the CDI parts you can buy from Makhdoom the ultimate Honda Dealer
    at Mc loed Road.

@c123PK : Dude I actually bought a scraped CB 250 engine for 18000 :O hehheheh from a Kabaraya in Bilal ganj Chor Bazar. I shifted all its parts to the RoadMaster including the Shocks too :-P

I was wondering if sombody can suggest mewhich Alloy RIMs will best suite the road Master fitting !! like Imran installed the Alloy RIMs were cool... I wonder which bike was that ...

FC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vickytulla
    sorry was lil bzy in ma bike....here is the link chck tht out.....
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bike...oject-cb-180-a
    My Vehicle is an ALL MOTOR. Seriously, Who needs a turbo when u have a Stupidly Quick Naturally Aspirated Motor???? Real Motors don't need Forced Induction. EG for life

FC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@daniyalahmed
    for converting u hv to upgrade the ignition coil+lites coils...and hv to change the battery aik adad charger bhi dalay ga bhari....zyadah lamba kharcha nahein hai...
    battery=350rs
    coils=600-700
    charger=150rs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much time will it take?
    wiring I suppose wohi rahay ge
    plus I dun wanna convert it to CDI as the point sytem is working fine just wanna convert it from 6 to 12 volts
    infact If there is any tactic that can be usefull in enhancing the lighting system of my machine on 6 volts are also welcome by you guys.

FC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tym kuch 2-3hrs for cnvrtng 6 volt to 12volt

aik cheez ho sakti hai agr lite coil sahi hai to woh yay kay srf headlite dirct kar d jaay by the help of charger.........rest all thngs on battery.....us kay liyay u hv to put the 125 wala bulb yaad rahy bulb not the tube, in ur headlite woh bht taiz jalta hai.......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It happened last summer that the wire that is connecting the charging system to the battery got disconnected accidently and because of that the horn,brake light,indicators wont work and yaar believe me k headlight itni taiz hogaye the k lagta tha k kisi gari ki highbeam ho jaisay.
    aap is tarha ka kuch system suggest kr rahay ho I guess?

FC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mein srf headlite aur back lite dirct ka keh raha hun woh ho ga dirct bike coil say aur beach mein charger connect hoga takay bulb uray nahein baaqi saari cheezein battery par chalein gi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is pe to yeh hota hai k race ziada rakho ge to light taiz hoti hai and it decreases alot with decrease in throttle.

FC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    accelator par hi depend karta hai..jitna accelator do *** utna taiz current banay ga.....aur aik tip khari gari par race nahein dena...........

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dear rpm meter wala side cover ranshorline karachi se mughal old auto shop se mila 5 speed gear bhi waha se mily aur rim waghera saleem ki shop se mile jo sport bike ka saman bechta hai aur cdi unit sada laga hua hai point ki jaga poora cover change nhi karna para 5speed k bad 160 par bhagai mene
    ikd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

User Tag List