Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Transmission oil change of Toyota Vitz/ Belta/ Passo/ (TOYOTA K410 Transmission)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Transmission oil change of Toyota Vitz/ Belta/ Passo/ (TOYOTA K410 Transmission)

This very good atricle was written by Omer Saleem, i am posting it here with his permission

Quite recently I experienced a strange rise in transmission problems with most Toyotas running on the Super CVT-I transmission. I did some research and what I ended up discovering was shocking if nothing else. Most mechanics would not even know that these transmissions DO NOT run on Toyota T-IV or Toyota WS oil but instead require the TOYOTA CVT-TC oil and then there was the common problem I heard that the oil mysteriously disappears from most cars. However now that I have done my research that’s not true at all, infact the prime reason in most transmission failures is that the mechanics end up over filling the chamber, thus damaging the internal gearbox and pump seals. Here is what actually happened with my Belta 2 days ago: When you open up the drain plug for any of the K-series CVT transmissions which Toyota is putting in most of its newer models, only about 500ml or less of the transmission fluid drains out, leading one to believe that the transmission was running without oil, but that is absolutely not the case. The drain plug has an internal drain tube which extends about a little more than 2 inches inside the chamber, this causes the oil level to just drop till the mouth of this tube and hence the mystery disappearance behind the transmission oil. In order to fully drain the transmission oil, you will need to open up the oil chamber and drain out the fluid. This will also require you to replace the two gaskets which are firmly placed on top of the chamber. After completely draining the oil, about 3.8-4.0 liters of oil is taken up by the transmission.
    Then to make matters worse, Toyota hasn’t really provided with a dipstick or a gauge to check the level of the transmission fluid. The mechanics even at Toyota Southern argued that the side housing nut is the correct place to feed oil from and that it should be filled unless it levels off around that point. The truth is that if you do end up filling to that level you would be over-filling the chamber with about 3.5 liters of transmission oil and that can cause some serious irreparable damage. The correct way to fill the transmission fluid is via the oil feed port shown in the pictures attached below.My Belta had gone through all of the above but some timely research saved the car. I have also attached some detailed pictures and descriptions for the transmission oil change procedure.
    Last but not the least, the issue can potentially affect all Toyota CVT transmission system manufactured by AISIN. The following are the vehicle models and transmissions which might be affected by the same problem. This bulletin concerns the following Toyota models and transmission codes :
    Transmission Codes:K110, K111, K111F, K112, K112F, K210, P210, K310, K311, K311F, K410, K41A.
    List of Toyota Super- CVT Models:
    Aisis:
    ANM10G, ANM10W, ANM15G, ANM15W
    Allion: AZT240, ZRT260, ZRT261, ZRT265, NZT260
    Alphard: ATH10W, ANH20W, ANH25W
    Auris: ZRE152H, NZE151H, ZRE154H, NZE154H
    Belta: SCP92, KSP92
    Blade: AZE156H, AZE154H
    Corolla Axio: ZRE142, NZE141, ZRE144, NZE144
    Corolla Fielder: ZRE142G, NZE141G, ZRE144G, NZE144G
    Corolla Rumion: ZRE152N, NZE151N, ZRE154N
    Estima: AHR10W, ACR50W, ACR55W
    iQ: KGJ-10
    Ist: NCP110, NCP115
    Mark X Zio: ANA10, ANA15
    Noah: ZRR70W, ZRR70G, ZRR75W, ZRR75G, ZAR60G, ZAR65G
    Opa: ACT10
    Premio: AZT240, ZRT260, ZRT261, ZRT265, NZT260
    Ractis: NCP100, SCP100
    RAV-4: ACA36W, ACA31W
    Sienta: NCP81G
    Vanguard: ACA38W, ACA33W
    Vitz: NCP91, SCP90, KSP90, SCP13
    Voxy: ZRR70W, ZRR70G, ZRR75W, ZRR75G, ZAR60G, ZAR65G
    Wish: ZGE21G, ZGE22W, ZGE20G, ZGE20W, ZGE25G, ZGE25W, ANE11W, ANE10G

Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253484 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253485 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253486 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253487 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253488 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253489 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253490 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253491 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253492 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253494 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253495 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253496 Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -253497
    its all about power to weight ratio...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Transmission problem fielder X 2007

I have transmission problem with fielder X. Needs help please contact on my email Sajjad.abdi@gmail.com.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Ghuncha I need your help please contact on my email Sajjad.abdi@gmail.com.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi me Sajjad feel free to call me my name is Usman 03225122460 I have a fielder x G-edition , I have complete knowledge of the system , can help u with the issue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vitz Transmission oil volume 4 ltr or 6.3ltr

Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -1046714Transmission oil change of  Toyota Vitz Belta Passo TOYOTA K410 Transmission -1046714Thanx for this excellent post. I have vitz 2006 model and change transmission oil myself. But something strange happen, the total drain was more than 5.5 ltr. I have check vitz manual and acording to that 1KR-FE engine use 6.3 Ltr transmission oil. I also take the dip from filler port and oil level is almost 1 inch down.

Please tell me what to do? Is 4 litre CVT oil is ok or fill it upto 6.3 litre. Low oil level can harm cvt badly, please advise.

Note: see attachment which shows oil quantity.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Can anyone explain the CVT Fluid change procedure in 2007 Toyota Fielder having a AW K310 transmission (CVT)? I have heard that the CVT TC fluid is injected via a machine pump through the drain plug.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100,000 Maintenance Interval — Inspection only; ATF-WS does NOT require any
    flushing or changing during the life of the vehicle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1692 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeshoo View Post
    100,000 Maintenance Interval — Inspection only; ATF-WS does NOT require any
    That recommendation from Toyota or any other manufacturer is to ensure your transmission goes bad at 160,000 kms at max. After which they say - "THE LIFE OF THE TRANSMISSION IS OVER" they can also say that anytime the transmission goes bad after warranty. There is no hydrocarbon known that can survive shear, temperature, stress etc and still remain perfect.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    That recommendation from Toyota or any other manufacturer is to ensure your transmission goes bad at 160,000 kms at max. After which they say - "THE LIFE OF THE TRANSMISSION IS OVER" they can also say that anytime the transmission goes bad after warranty. There is no hydrocarbon known that can survive shear, temperature, stress etc and still remain perfect.
    Are you trying to say that by this statement Toyota or any other manufac is indirectly saying that after 160,000 kms the life of a "CVT" transmission goes bad. Very strange though :-/ I thought cars and that too these advanced tech cars could run longer with a Japanese badge?????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1692 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone_40 View Post
    Are you trying to say that by this statement Toyota or any other manufac is indirectly saying that after 160,000 kms the life of a "CVT" transmission goes bad. Very strange though :-/ I thought cars and that too these advanced tech cars could run longer with a Japanese badge?????

Yes - any lubricant that is termed lifetime fill is a bowl of BS, mercedes benz did this in 2000 with their new 722.6 transmissions which are really fantastic transmissions. They failed after 200,000 kms due to lubricant break down upon which the owner was told that the warranty was over and hence had to pay for replacement - NICE

fast forward 5 years ahead and they rewrote their specs to 75,000 kms transmission oil change intervals on these transmissions.

Its a sales/marketing/whatever game - when the transmission dies after warranty - it will be claimed as its "LIFE" is over and you pay for repair.. Whether its japanese, chinese, korean, german, american etc etc..

In Pakistan these cars are gray import orphans anyway and will never be subjected to Toyota support like it should be and if you are trying to follow the "lifetime" fill spec then its a matter of "WHEN" not "IF" the transmission will go bad.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technical Service BULLETIN
    June 28, 2007
    Title:
    WORLD STANDARD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID
    Models:’04 – ’08 Toyota
    Introduction
    World Standard (WS) Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) was introduced to reduce
    maintenance costs and increase the mileage between scheduled maintenance checks.
    Here are some important tips when working with ATF-WS in Toyota vehicles requiring
    its use.

Applicable Vehicles
    2004 – 2008 model year Toyota vehicles equipped with automatic transaxle
    requiring ATF-WS.

WORLD STANDARD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID – TC010-07 June 28, 2007

Important Information

�� 100,000 Maintenance Interval — Inspection only; ATF-WS does NOT require any
    �� The use of Genuine Toyota ATF-WS is recommended.
    �� The use of additives or aftermarket fluids that are considered compatible
    or substitutes may result in shift concerns and damage to the internal
    transmission components.
    �� ATF-WS is NOT compatible with T-IV or Dexron ATF.
    �� Containers storing Toyota ATF-WS should always be sealed — If exposed to the
    atmosphere, ATF-WS may absorb moisture and potentially cause shift concerns if
    used in operation.
    �� One time use only.
    �� When performing repairs on ATF-WS equipped transaxles, it is important to use
    only new, clean ATF–WS when refilling the ATM.
    �� ATF-WS equipped ATMs may use the overflow type procedure — Any fluid
    drained from the overflow plug should be discarded following proper local
    regulations and never reused. Failure to do so could result in shift concerns and
    damage to the internal transmission components.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1692 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)

yep - no requirement for flushing or renewal - 8ull$hit - it actually translates to "your transmission will be screwed up and you will have to pay for repair as when it fails, its "LIFE" is over.

It might sound all "HOLY" and sweet with a warm fuzzy feeling that toyota says this - but this is known throughout the world and there are many manufacturers who claimed that which always end up in the owners buying new cars as the repair cost of the old one exceeds the actual value of the car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Yes - any lubricant that is termed lifetime fill is a bowl of BS, mercedes benz did this in 2000 with their new 722.6 transmissions which are really fantastic transmissions. They failed after 200,000 kms due to lubricant break down upon which the owner was told that the warranty was over and hence had to pay for replacement - NICE

fast forward 5 years ahead and they rewrote their specs to 75,000 kms transmission oil change intervals on these transmissions.

Its a sales/marketing/whatever game - when the transmission dies after warranty - it will be claimed as its "LIFE" is over and you pay for repair.. Whether its japanese, chinese, korean, german, american etc etc..

In Pakistan these cars are gray import orphans anyway and will never be subjected to Toyota support like it should be and if you are trying to follow the "lifetime" fill spec then its a matter of "WHEN" not "IF" the transmission will go bad.
    Xulfiqar, Thanks for the detailed reply. So would you suggest to replace the transmission fluid in my case, Toyota Belta 2007 model, 43,000 kms driven (original mileage verified) after about 90 or 96,000 kms i think thats what someone once mentioned here. Or at what mileage shld I replace the fluid to protect the transmission?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salam , hv belta 2007 , 1.0 varient ,, when i push accelator some how hard , the sound of "Gaaaan " comes from gear for a second .. its just 32000 km driven ,,, should i change thier gear oil or its another problem,, and 2nd thing is tht its giving me just 10km/L ,, how i could improve this average ...plz help me in this regard..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AOA
    can any1 help me i bought AXIO and its 38000 driven with auction sheet
    what would i do ?
    change the transmition oil at 40000 or wht ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gentlemen please never ever buy parts/oils etc from toyota showrooms, they are ripping ppl apart. I had a bad experience today with them. They quoted rs 4850 for cvt tc oil for my vitz tranny, and wanted to apply silicon seal stating i wont find the seal anywhere in pakistan, plus rs 200 labour charges. Thanks god i didnt fall prey to their nefarious designs, i got the genuine cvt tc oil from mehran autos saddar rwp for rs 3850 and seal from a nearby shop for rs 400, plus rs 500 labour charges for full svc of my tranny...mehran autos is the best as far as availibility, genuineness and price of spare parts is concerned.
    Owned City 1997 (First Gen)
    Proud owner of '06 Toyota Vitz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AOA
    can any1 help me i bought AXIO and its 38000 driven with auction sheet
    what would i do ?
    change the transmition oil at 40000 or wht ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plzzzz helppppp Bahi..... I want to knw the best transmission oil for 2oo5 civic exi pros ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impressive research and valuable information for all such users of CVT vehicles

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a video explaining CVT Oil change in Toyota Wish....
    Toyota Wish Change CVT Auto Transmission Fluid - YouTube

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)

i have same cvt oil in my vitz 2006 and wanted to know after how many Kms shud i change the gear oil???
    LEGENDS OF THE NORTH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List