Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Smile 1976 Corolla Restoration

Vehicle is Toyota Corolla Rust Brown, (typo 4K) 3K 1290 CC I-4 Carb, Type - KE30R 4 Door Sedan. -

Planning to ADD Brake Booster, Power Steering, 14" Alloy Rims, ENGINE & TRANSMISSION STRICTLY STOCK (only Overhaul no swaps) & airconditioning. with over 180,000 done according to ALIVE Owner. The car has original seats & dashboard, with exterior Grill Lights bumpers fender indicators all intact

1976 Corolla Restoration -300287

1976 Corolla Restoration -300288

1976 Corolla Restoration -300289

1976 Corolla Restoration -300290

1976 Corolla Restoration -300291

1976 Corolla Restoration -300301

1976 Corolla Restoration -300302

1976 Corolla Restoration -300303

1976 Corolla Restoration -300304

1976 Corolla Restoration -3003051976 Corolla Restoration -300318

1976 Corolla Restoration -300319

1976 Corolla Restoration -300320

1976 Corolla Restoration -300321

1976 Corolla Restoration -300322

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm good luck man a lot of hard work n alot of time needed for tht...
    "Wife & car always looks good when they are shining"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

DATSUN CONSOLE ??? What do you mean where from a datsun jumped in a Toyota Corolla restoration - Read again carefully Please - 1979 DX is not Datsun, it is 1979 Reconditioned Corolla model which came in with centre console 5 forward and front disks

@LEVIN -

dont put datsun console, leave it as is, , the standard model did not had console,,
    just put carpet.and take out rubber from rings of shifter and small slot fr handbrake.
    and rear ashtray.

same in my starlet, kp60

this car looks like you found it under the sea. rusted so bad

JBL
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Of Luck
    NeEd FoR SpEeD UnDeRcOvEr

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)

buy a bucket of rust convertor and a few cans of cold galvanize, the bottom door sills will require heavy amounts of them.

duy a rotary tool too, and attach a brush to it, buff the whole body - this amount of surface rust is downright scary and will continue if not controlled. btw - how come it has a 4K - it should have a 3K 1.2 (red block) engine. the KE-55 and KE70 (export models) had 4K
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Where is this car being fixed? I will be doing something similar to a KE20 in a few days inshallah.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    buy a bucket of rust convertor and a few cans of cold galvanize, the bottom door sills will require heavy amounts of them.

duy a rotary tool too, and attach a brush to it, buff the whole body - this amount of surface rust is downright scary and will continue if not controlled. btw - how come it has a 4K - it should have a 3K 1.2 (red block) engine. the KE-55 and KE70 (export models) had 4K

Thank you for pointing mistake - i corrected it - it is 3K - ( i have yet to let go of my KE 70 4K engine which was stolen in 15 mintues of parking at empress market in 1996 and now rusting in a Gujranwala police station with a 2D diesel engine )

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Wink

Yes started working on rust,am yet to get new metal top, buffing off the exterior, - door interior skins are not that BAD but guide me a bit how to safe guard from further damage in long run, once all lines are aligned in place I plan to remove all panels for dip wash and electrostatic coating, for that have purchased a big fiber tank in cage with removable top. The guy who supposedly specialize in dip coating is located near Mehran town and guarantee to rust proof every panel - charge Rs. 3000 a panel. He is doing some oem work for PakSuzuki & some CNG rickshaw manufacturers.

1976 Corolla Restoration -3015291976 Corolla Restoration -3015301976 Corolla Restoration -301531 1976 Corolla Restoration -301532 1976 Corolla Restoration -301533

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by supraman2jz View Post
    Where is this car being fixed? I will be doing something similar to a KE20 in a few days inshallah.
    Check your inbox plz - posting an address will be considered advertisement !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)

good job on painting the block red (like the toyota factory did) I hope you applied high temperature engine paint.

anyways - renew the welch plugs as they are very accessible now and finish the little bolts and nuts with galvanizing and scrape/polish away the paint from the engine number stamping (exact factory).

before starting the engine - overhaul the distributor centrifugal advance, it will make a night and day difference in driving. and run the engine with a thermostat valve and clutched fan - you will need a different fan shroud for it. but its worth it - the fan only engages when hot and the engine at low rpms.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    good job on painting the block red (like the toyota factory did) I hope you applied high temperature engine paint.

anyways - renew the welch plugs as they are very accessible now and finish the little bolts and nuts with galvanizing and scrape/polish away the paint from the engine number stamping (exact factory).

before starting the engine - overhaul the distributor centrifugal advance, it will make a night and day difference in driving. and run the engine with a thermostat valve and clutched fan - you will need a different fan shroud for it. but its worth it - the fan only engages when hot and the engine at low rpms.
    I did warmed up the ship's red-coat from JOTUN before painter applied it on the block, he was not happy with warm paint in his gun but now he is convinced of a different result, the same paint is planned for undercarriage painting before roll-out. Will peel paint off from the engine number a little later.

The distributor & thermostat point it was noted from an earlier post so Have done the distributor 'work-out' last evening camera was not along so missed the captures. Surely the thermostat will be in-place. Trying to locate a shroud & clutch fan but shershah is on strike these days so little delay in it.

all external bolts from the engine bay about 3kgs in weight are dropped at a galvanising shop in Garden this morning

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u may want to chrome the tapet cover ... like i did ..... timing chain cover and for head i will suggest u properly rub it with a wire brush....i will look like a new one.....

@Xulfiqar if he goes for the kind of fan you are saying then he must have a new bigger radiator with a proper shield cause the car might show engine heating problem with ac on local.... atleast i failed to get the desired results with clutched fan ...no matter how many radiators i changed and spent so much ...so switched to electric fans and a bigger radiator ....

thermostat valve is a must...and cent percent agreed with u wrt centrifugal advance overhaul....cause my ride was a breeze after doing that

@capsat r u going for petrol or cng ??? with cng chrome the air filter assembly....will look hell cool under the hood

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which booster u r planning to install ???
    and dont go for power steering in my opinion ...if the car is with original shocks and coils u wont need a power steering for her ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I don't like chrome, what shines never lasts long.

Shroud & matching fan combination is what I will buy as package. Or else I will go for Electric fans, I love the whissssssssh jet like sound when it engages... I always get electric fans complete from Sharjah Industrial area yards

I have one CNG daily commuter, I will keep this one on Petrol. - By the way I missed mentioning -

A Quetta wala with an eldery person came to the workshop and said ' ap 5 lakh mai soda done karo gari hamko December ma dayna - 1 lakh bayana pakro abhi ' i was like ...............GRRRRRRR, 9 lakh ka soda karo November mai delivery lo. ... ! he walked away ... !

Quote Originally Posted by qaswah View Post
    u may want to chrome the tapet cover ... like i did ..... timing chain cover and for head i will suggest u properly rub it with a wire brush....i will look like a new one.....

@Xulfiqar if he goes for the kind of fan you are saying then he must have a new bigger radiator with a proper shield cause the car might show engine heating problem with ac on local.... atleast i failed to get the desired results with clutched fan ...no matter how many radiators i changed and spent so much ...so switched to electric fans and a bigger radiator ....

thermostat valve is a must...and cent percent agreed with u wrt centrifugal advance overhaul....cause my ride was a breeze after doing that

@capsat r u going for petrol or cng ??? with cng chrome the air filter assembly....will look hell cool under the hood

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

which booster u r planning to install ???
    and dont go for power steering in my opinion ...if the car is with original shocks and coils u wont need a power steering for her ....
    power steering kit, break booster & front struts clippers complete from 1979 Corolla.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if chromed properly the shine never fades away ...atleast i havent seen any problem for the last 2 years ...though u have to take care during service and stuff ....
    like dont use any thing else than water....

good that u r not gonna use cng ....

for 3K engine u will get an original engine mount for AC compressor ....
    and for inside u planning for a box ac ???? or have some thing else in mind ????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)

you mean that your clutch fan never engaged when hot? - it maybe a dead fan clutch, if you bought it used then its best to overhaul it before putting it on the engine, the fluid is available at toyota spare shops in Karachi - the 3000 cst fluid costs about Rs 700/bottle,

The clutch's activtating piston has a bimetal spring element on top of it, which if it is plugged with dirt - it wll never let the fan engage, And if someone has messed with the position of the spring then it may engage too early or too late. And to top it - the fan clutch requires blazing hot air from the radiator to twist the bimetal spring, If your shroud is not good or you have poor airflow through the radiator or have blocked radiator lines right infront of the clutch - it will not engage.

But when it does engage nothing can match the colossal airflow of an engine driven clutch fan. When running with A/C its best to use a nominal sized condenser fan (ideally tripped by a pressure switch) to help the clutch fan when at a standstill. The pressure switch should shut off the fan when the headpressure gets into tolerable range (meaning the clutched fan or movement of the car is doing all the required airflow work)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

I have printed the clutch fan technic from an old thread, and gave to my mechanic some time earlier while he was working on a loading (milk delivery) hi-lux and was about to weld the fan-clutch in criss cross with the mount pulley, I convinced him work rebuilt the original fan as you mentioned. The loader driver is happy no more temp problems no more bootal khali vehicle clocked 75000KM without over heating without losing any coolant. Now the same vehicle owner want to swap a petrol engine so he can put up CNG -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Cool

The person working on car met an accident his left leg was fracatured. now am not at all at peace with the work done on car trying to be patient and present at place as much as i can.

Exposed metal is galvanised, All rubber hoses & parts are replaced with new ones.

1976 Corolla Restoration -318244

1976 Corolla Restoration -318245

1976 Corolla Restoration -318246

1976 Corolla Restoration -318247

1976 Corolla Restoration -318248

1976 Corolla Restoration -318249

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

good to see the updates.....keep em coming...
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List