Thread: Problem with ECO function of 2006 Vitz U-Package -- Urgent HELP..!! :(

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Problem with ECO function of 2006 Vitz U-Package -- Urgent HELP..!! :(

Hi Guys

Im having a problem with the ECO function of my 2006 U-package vitz... and i really need a PW guru to help and guide me about it...

The problem is that the ECO light (green color) keeps on blinking in the front odometer panel.....
    I removed the negative terminal of the battery to reset the ECU and then the ECO light was off once engine was started and it did the ECO function (i.e at traffic signal it turn-off engine once break paddle was pressed and started again once it was removed)
    But the problem is that it did that only once and after that the ECO light in the dashboard has started blinking continuously again.... and it has stopped to do the ECO start stop function...

I dont know what to do... and simply have no clue why its happening...!!

Need some expert to help me in this... PW gurus needed here urgently please...
    06 Corolla SE Saloon
    04 Vitz FL Ferrari Red - 06 Vitz Eco + Climate Control... Jux Arrived...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah definately a phone no will help... One might have some querries b4 I drive all the way from DHA to G-8.... And that tooo on petrol with no ECO working...
    06 Corolla SE Saloon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Thank you m8
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few days back I took my Vitz to our local mechanic and told him to remove the passenger seat. Please see the pictures of ECO System. If you see the picture in which we have opened it, you will see that there is the computer system for ECO, attached to a blower, battery and some control system.

These batteries are not available in Pakistan and I think we will have to order the complete system from Toyota Japan. Took this ECO System to Nazir's shop as well in G-8 and we were told it to leave for a month may be. Which means that they will do a lot of experimentation on it.

There is something under the driver seat as well, I am planning to open it as well to have a look.

Problem with ECO function of 2006 Vitz U-Package -- Urgent HELP!!  -362077

Problem with ECO function of 2006 Vitz U-Package -- Urgent HELP!!  -362078

Problem with ECO function of 2006 Vitz U-Package -- Urgent HELP!!  -362079

Problem with ECO function of 2006 Vitz U-Package -- Urgent HELP!!  -362080

Problem with ECO function of 2006 Vitz U-Package -- Urgent HELP!!  -362081
    I didn't choose vitz, vitz chose me!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

put back everything as you removed. IN PAKISTAN 'NO MECHANIC' is able to fix ANY HYBRID Toyota shops only mess UP skin you of money and problem NOT Removed.

The pictures posted are of HV capacitors & battery bank the blower is cooling fan with a thermistor which acts like automatic fan on radiator. Check the date on batteries & capacitors if those are not over 10 years old does not need replacement. These batteries function on IMPLUSE and provide torque to starter instead of a key turn or a push button last for 15+ years and die only if whole circuit is soaked or submerged in water. with the condition of carpet & clamps i believe this car is not Tsunami affected one

If you want to live peacfully without some NiswarGutka USTAD shaving your balls now & then get everything back where it is removed from before you choose to salvage car for peanuts value.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes everything is back in as it was. I don't think there is hardware problem, I think its more of a software glitch thats needs to be reset. I have talked to a guy online who deals in parts for Toyota and he as asked to run a computer based diagnosis before ordering parts.

He has also given me the link to the attached picture, where:

1. Relay Traction Control
    2. Computer Engine Stop and Start
    3. Converter Assembly, ECO Run Vehicle
    4. Battery Assembly, HV Supply

Problem with ECO function of 2006 Vitz U-Package -- Urgent HELP!!  -362413

So the question now is where can I get my Vitz checked through a computerized diagnosis system, or I will have to research on that we well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mak313 View Post
    Yes everything is back in as it was. I don't think there is hardware problem, I think its more of a software glitch thats needs to be reset. I have talked to a guy online who deals in parts for Toyota and he as asked to run a computer based diagnosis before ordering parts.

So the question now is where can I get my Vitz checked through a computerized diagnosis system, or I will have to research on that we well.
    That mak313....is the right questions...!!
    i really hope & pray that it should be some software glitch coz the hardware problem is beyond our reach...
    06 Corolla SE Saloon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

while the box was removed did u managed to check for any dates or numbers over the battery/capacitor bank. I believe the thermistor (thermal fuse) over the charge control circuit is blown failed to self reset. if your car is 2006 the battery life is not even half done and blinking ECO function light is due to supplementary battery charging failure.

any shop with an scan tool can do the diagnostic if the proper software version is available for eco specific model.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ this sounds to be logical... Well i'll try for toyota rawal guyz if they have the diagnostic software for this one...!!

Suppose if they dont have it then from where should i get my car chk thru yhat ECU computer...? Any ideas...? Any well known shop for this purpose...?
    06 Corolla SE Saloon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mak313 <=> drtariqazeem

keya ap dono k pass common Vitz hai ya 1 person using 2 ids ?

2 loug 1 jaysee car 1 jaysee problem koi tootka ho gaya hai shayad itni sardi mai jo 2 cars mai 1 he problem develop ho gaya hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is very little information given on the parts of the box and bar codes are the ones which are similar to the codes that blackberry reads. Square type thingy. Anyways, I went to Toyota Islamabad and met a very helpful person over there and he had the diagnostic software + system. So he scanned the car and turned it off and turned it on again from the handheld device he was using. He has identified the problem in the part which is shown below.

According to him a simple replacement of the part should solve the problem. Now I am searching for this part in Islamabad and Lahore salvage yards. Lets hope the problem is solved with the installation of this part. Problem with ECO function of 2006 Vitz U-Package -- Urgent HELP!!  -363305

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

so the MASTER told you name of part or just asked to replace that PART.???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

now am asking the GURU if he can tell me what it is and its function.

Guru what this part could be please ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Tun Tun.... Bhai kyn hamare peechay para ha.... both mak313 and me are different and unfortuantely our rides have the same problm but fortunately that we got to know each other thru PW....

@capsat.... who'z guru??
    06 Corolla SE Saloon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ mak313.... good info bro....
    06 Corolla SE Saloon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi drtariqazeem,

How are you and your Vitz doing Just wondering whether you managed to get your ECO problem resolved or not?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the same problm with my eco vitz 2006 im in lahore n there is no toyota ppl to solve my problm yesterday i opened the ecu box n remove white one capacitor the put that back my eco system start working but it works for some time afterward eco light start blinking.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys the ECO system is fixed!

I was busy at work and home for the past few weeks, finally got the time yesterday and went to Sultan Da Khu with my Mechanic. So we searched a few shops and finally found one chopped ECO System Vitz in a yard along with several other 1000 and 1300 cc chopped Vitz.

We started to negotiate with the owner and he started with 15,000 Rs and came down to 10,000 Rs inclusive of labour. So we got it changed and took it for a drive but the ECO system didnt started so we took a one week's warranty for the part from the owner and came back to Islamabad. Today when I went it, it came into action on the first traffic light. Right now my car is doing around 560 (without AC) locally in 37 litres of fuel, which translates to an average of 15. Next tank fill up will be yesterday so by the next few weeks I will be able to find out the increase in fuel average.

So lessons learnt, a bit of research on internet pays off, a bit of patience pays off, having a good mechanic is always a plus and a second opinion from authorized Toyota dealer is worthwhile but the most important thing is PW where we can share our experience and learn from each other.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes and the part is basically a small oil pump which keeps the grear oil under pressure while your engine turns off at idle. You can see the picture of it in my earlier posts. When they removed it, some of the gear oil also came out which they poured back in afterwards. The whole change of part took less than 15 mins. I didnt had my camera with me so no pictures I am afraid.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A request

I was busy at work and home for the past few weeks, finally got the time yesterday and went to Sultan Da Khu with my Mechanic. So we searched a few shops and finally found one chopped ECO System Vitz in a yard along with several other 1000 and 1300 cc chopped Vitz.

We started to negotiate with the owner and he started with 15,000 Rs and came down to 10,000 Rs inclusive of labour. So we got it changed and took it for a drive but the ECO system didnt started so we took a one week's warranty for the part from the owner and came back to Islamabad. Today when I went it, it came into action on the first traffic light. Right now my car is doing around 560 (without AC) locally in 37 litres of fuel, which translates to an average of 15. Next tank fill up will be yesterday so by the next few weeks I will be able to find out the increase in fuel average.

So lessons learnt, a bit of research on internet pays off, a bit of patience pays off, having a good mechanic is always a plus and a second opinion from authorized Toyota dealer is worthwhile but the most important thing is PW where we can share our experience and learn from each other.
    I from abbottabad. Alhamdolillah, i just bought a vitz 2007 with echo.
    dear, can i get your phone number? i need to discuss

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey buddy! Nice to hear you got it fixed. Anyways I just bought a 2006 vitz 1.0 same package as yours and having the same problem that ECO light is keep on blinking so it could be the same problem as yours? or what else could happen if I leave it as is because i'm selling it because getting a good price on it, so what do you suggest?
    Fight with the best die like the rest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List