+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By qwertypoiu

Thread: Need Help regarding Suzuki Jimny Engine 660cc turbo or 1300cc Samurai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need Help regarding Suzuki Jimny Engine 660cc turbo or 1300cc Samurai

Dear All,

i am negotiating with a Jimny owner, he has 99 model Japan imported Jimny converted from 660cc to 1300cc samurai engine.
    i am told that Jimny's with engine alterations are not good means will have constant problems etc. Now the Owner is willing to put back the original engine if i wish so...

now what i need to know is that what should i choose? 660cc turbo or 1300cc samurai engine?

thank you so much in advance for your help, but will really appreciate a quick response as i wont be able to hold the deal for long...

regards,

Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

660 must be an EFI am not sure if 1300 CC is EFI or Carburetor type - what is price options you have? if you plan a CNG then 1300 CC is OK. In any case to bring a vehicle for upto YOUR desired performance surely you will HAVE TO spend enough money. I doubt if in your area people are Technical enough to rig back an engine with correct electrical wiring.

again the final price with an original EFI KEI class engine to run on petrol will be a better option.
    - www.crackwheels.com -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks capsat for your quick reply, not sure about if 1300cc is EFI, jeep is in Lahore and if i have to put back the 660cc, it will be done in lahore. and yes i am planning to run it on CNG but again mostly i will be driving it in Kashmir except weekends when i will have chance to visit Abbottabad and refill CNG...

and there is not much price change.. the owner is willing to do all the alteration in almost same price tag

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better install 1300cc engine.M13 frm latest jimny is a very good option

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You should totally go with the 1300cc engine. It gives NO problem.

Jimny's with engine alterations are not good means will have constant problems etc.
    the best alteration to a samurai is the original 1300cc samurai engine with 5speed samurai gear and Differential.

Do not in any way opt for the 660 engine.

If you are still not convinced then drop the idea of buying this vehicle go with some original samurai with 1300cc engine.
    capsat likes this.
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List