Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Toyota Vitz 2006 problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toyota Vitz 2006 problem

I have toyota vitz model 2006, there are a few things and issues that I need advice on.

I bought this car on 26K mileage and now it is around 46K mileage. From the start the engine always gave knocking sound, which was quite high in the beginning, but on recommendation of Toyota motors I used Caltex petrol which reduced the knocking alot, it still knocks but only sometimes. So first I need to know how I can get rid of this knocking sound.

My second problem is that when I went to murree and on steep roads, the knocking was loud and my car gave out black smoke from the exhaust pipe. I also saw that the engine oil had reduced after about 3K Km. I use ZIC A+ as engine oil. I get the oil changed at around 4K to 5K. I have shown the car to a few mechanics and they say that the piston rings might be weak and I need to get them replaced.

Also the check engine light comes on sometimes, but it goes away again, do you think this could be an electrical fault?
    Can anyone give me some expert suggestions on this and also give answer to my questions below.

1) Where do you recommend that I can get 100% genuine parts for vitz in Islamabad/Rawalpindi besides the toyota dealership.
    2) Does anyone know a good vitz engine mechanic in islamabad/pindi
    3) Where can I get computer/scanner checking of my vitz besides the toyota dealership?

Expert suggestions are welcome.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."

Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Toyota workshops have scanner and they can pull the error codes for any problems in injector / ignition timings without removing injectors from vehicle. 2ndly the injector cleaner spray cans are available in the market but try not to use it if you have never tried such stuff. unless you have access to an scanner do not allow any TUCHAL SH-IT head idiot fitter to touch the injectors. you have done 2 steps and you are feeling improved performance. in 3rd step you shall change the transmission fluid and transmission oil filter. It will give a significant performance change, afterwards if there is no satisfaction please go for compression test and afterwards ultra sonic injector cleaning. SPECTRA & STROM can guide you properly for Islamabad / RWP areas
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaqas1 View Post
    Nazir Autos got Ultra Sonic Cleaning? If not than you wasted your money...
    which workshop offers Ultra-sonic Injector cleaning in Rwp / Islamabad ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@naweed: the thing you mentioned regarding the rust on spark plugs which could be a result of improper combustion and knocking, does it mean that the fuel injectors may be clogged? How can this improper combustion be improved? and about the spark plugs i have done some research and you are right the recommended is 1.1 mm, even i am amazed what did he mean by 14 or 22.

@capsat: i am avoiding any use of off-the shelf cleaning agents, plus I am also avoiding from any improper person to handle the fuel injectors, but I am disappointed that toyota does not provide any service of fuel injectors. after getting the oil change i will go for a compression test after driving a few kilometers.....

but one thing that worried me was that I got this work done yesterday, then in the evening I traveled from pindi(DHA) to islamabad (I-10), there was some knocking right in the beginning, but it knocking completely died after about 5-6 Kilometers...and the car drove smoothly....but on my way back (Isl-pindi), there was heavy knocking in the engine and i just could not drive the car smoothly, although it might have been due to a bad fuel factor but the knocking really bugged me.

Thank you for all the suggestions, i will keep you posted about the condition.....and keep getting suggestions from you guys
    I will definitely get in touch with storm/spectra for RWP/ISL region

Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

check the ignition distributor & the HT wires seems like something is not right and causing HT leak if there is fuel problem then why it performed smooth as per your above statment
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by obaid.u.khalid View Post
    @naweed: the thing you mentioned regarding the rust on spark plugs which could be a result of improper combustion and knocking, does it mean that the fuel injectors may be clogged? How can this improper combustion be improved? and about the spark plugs i have done some research and you are right the recommended is 1.1 mm, even i am amazed what did he mean by 14 or 22.

@capsat: i am avoiding any use of off-the shelf cleaning agents, plus I am also avoiding from any improper person to handle the fuel injectors, but I am disappointed that toyota does not provide any service of fuel injectors. after getting the oil change i will go for a compression test after driving a few kilometers.....

but one thing that worried me was that I got this work done yesterday, then in the evening I traveled from pindi(DHA) to islamabad (I-10), there was some knocking right in the beginning, but it knocking completely died after about 5-6 Kilometers...and the car drove smoothly....but on my way back (Isl-pindi), there was heavy knocking in the engine and i just could not drive the car smoothly, although it might have been due to a bad fuel factor but the knocking really bugged me.

Thank you for all the suggestions, i will keep you posted about the condition.....and keep getting suggestions from you guys
    I will definitely get in touch with storm/spectra for RWP/ISL region
    Sir aglay sabaq kay saath aap pichla bhool gaye ... meaning i explained knocking in detail ... now read that post again where i explained knocking then look for clues of your problem .... i advised u to meet me because i knew it is difficult u grasp all the theory in one day and the questions that rise with each visit to a mechanic plus i wanted to check your car for myself ... if free come over .. 03335109707 .. sector H-12 .. i work and live there .. available all the time .. on sunday and monday i'll not be available till evening .. rest i'm at your service

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok now I have got the transmission oil changed + transmission filter cleaned. I got this done from toyota motors, they cleaned everything with petrol. They opened the whole transmission sump, drained the oil, cleaned the pan+filter and sealed back the pan. The pan was sealed with silicon since the gasket of the transmission pan was damaged. I used the CVT transmission oil recommended for vitz.
    I also got the engine oil+filter changed. I used Shell Helix HX5 and toyota filter.
    So I have done the following things: Throttle body cleaned, transmission oil changed, engine oil+filter changed....now the only thing left is fuel injectors cleaning which im still looking on how/where to get it done. the other thing to do is compression test which im planning to do after driving a few 100 Kms

@capsat: by HT wires do you mean spark plug ignition coil?

@naweed: yes sirg you did ask me to come over to you but I just wanted to complete the above mentioned jobs and then come over to you. I know absorbing all this at once becomes confusing. Do you work + live at NUST campus, since H-12 is NUST campus. I wont be able to come over on the weekend, but I can come over after the week. I will call you before coming.

I will keep you guys posted over the condition of the car as well. Plus I also wanted to tell you that my car mileage is between 13-14 km per liter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok now I have got the transmission oil changed + transmission filter cleaned. I got this done from toyota motors, they cleaned everything with petrol. They opened the whole transmission sump, drained the oil, cleaned the pan+filter and sealed back the pan. The pan was sealed with silicon since the gasket of the transmission pan was damaged. I used the CVT transmission oil recommended for vitz.
    I also got the engine oil+filter changed. I used Shell Helix HX5 and toyota filter.
    So I have done the following things: Throttle body cleaned, transmission oil changed, engine oil+filter changed....now the only thing left is fuel injectors cleaning which im still looking on how/where to get it done. the other thing to do is compression test which im planning to do after driving a few 100 Kms

@capsat: by HT wires do you mean spark plug ignition coil?

@naweed: yes sirg you did ask me to come over to you but I just wanted to complete the above mentioned jobs and then come over to you. I know absorbing all this at once becomes confusing. Do you work + live at NUST campus, since H-12 is NUST campus. I wont be able to come over on the weekend, but I can come over after the week. I will call you before coming.

I will keep you guys posted over the condition of the car as well. Plus I also wanted to tell you that my car mileage is between 13-14 km per liter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am attaching a few images of the transmission filter and sump and the silicone tube
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    capsat likes this.

Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Check the ignition cables, check for cracks replace ONLY if needed, also check under bright light any fractures in plug-caps leakage may be causing knock. Tonight note down the odometer reading, fill up the tank from fuel station consume 75% of tank and refill from same station & dispenser then use 50% of tank. Please with care note down any changes you feel in the car I hope all the work done will not let you down and mileage you are getting is already awesome not many 2006 Vitz users are getting such economy. -

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@obaid
    yes, I work and live at NUST campus and you r welcome anytime .. I'm busy on monday only .
    your car is giving a good fuel mileage .. your problem seems to be with the FI (fuel injectors) or could be the coil ... there is an impedence check for the coil but frankly i haven't tested it .. though i have the multimeter to do it but my concept is that an old working coil will also give a higher impedence value ,, i'll try to read on it from net .. i don't think changing transmission oil would have made any difference in knocking issue ... these cars have bolt on coils over plug caps and secondly the plugs are located too deep so a compression guage normally available won't work here .. toyota motors might help there but i think your engine is fine

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro just clean ur fuel filter n pump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@naweed: I will visit you some time next week.

For the past two days I have made three trips of approx 35km each on the car. This is what I noticed:
    When I drive the car the first time i.e. when it is cold, it drives extremely smooth, it does not matter how much distance i cover. Then I stop some where shut off the car, run a few errands which takes about 5-10 minutes, and then again drive the car, the knocking starts again....and the knocking starts whenever the speed goes beyond 30km/hr, at that point I have to either take my foot off the accelerator or push it to the fullest.
    This same scenario has occurred in all of the three trips that I have taken since yesterday.
    One more thing that I have checked the mileage again it is between 12-13km per litre

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

.. i judge on logic combining with my little knowledge (a deadly combination ... lol) so i'll stay with my judgement of FI cleaning ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a toyota vitz 2007 (old shape) model:
    Dear Pakwheelers hope u all are fine..
    I am facing these issues for nearly a month:
    1.The car takes a long time to start (5-7 sec) after it is idle for 7-8 hours.
    2.When the cars starts (after 1 min or so) I hear an annoying sound (goouuuuuunnnn) form the rear.( The sound comes from fuel pump).
    The fuel filter and pump was changed at 31000 kms..Now it is 34600kms.

I went to the Totota capital motors to get these issues resolved..
    They changed the oil,oil filter,plugs,air filter, thoroughly cleaned the fuel pump.

There is a very aged mechanic named " Muhammad Anwar" at toyota capital motors. He told me to run the car for few days and check whether the problem has been resolved or not..I also asked that whether the throttle body needs cleaning or not..He checked it and said "NO there is no need to clean it the condition is normal.

When I came home and tried to start the car after 9 hours the problem still prevails. There is nothing displayed on the Speedometer regarding the checking of engine or any other electrical failure.

I do not think that the problem will be resolved automatically after few days..

One thing more i use high octane and always get my car filled from F-6 Caltex. The avg km/l is 12..Before 2 moths it was 16 km/l on normal isloo roads.

Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

there is some airlock happening in your fuel tank. check for fuel return line or .. leave the fuel cap one notch lose and see what happens

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smoke87 View Post
    Buddy go to Sultan ki khoo and ask for Arshad Auto Electrican. He is one of the best for JDM cars. If you pay him a visit you are going to find all the port cars there for wiring and meter reversal. That guy is a real guru when it comes to this. I was having a problem with Throttle Body and ECU in my Civic. The stupid losers at Honda 3S on Peshawar Road quoted me a bill of Rs 100,000/- for new throttle body installation,ECU repair and wiring. I went to him and he did this whole stuff for less than 15K in total which included complete rewiring of my car,new qabli throttle body installation and clean up and ECU repair. When I was there a recently imported Vitz was there with its engine out and 3 of his mechanics doing the rewiring. He has got almost the same apparatus as you find with nonsense mechanics in Honda and Toyota 3S dealerships. Get your car checked by him on my recommendation. Trust me you wont be disappointed.
    Assalam o Alaikum, Can you please give more details about the electrician, where can I find him.

Today I was ripped off by Toyota Islamabad Motors, they snabbed 1250 Rs just cleaning the plugs and the carburator :s

Now the car seems to have increased idle RPMs and gives some jerks type when the car starts moving (i.e. when gear is changed)...

And not to mention the knocking has always been here, i have tried hi octane also...

For the CAT Removal, toyota asked for 4K, i got it removed for 1K....
    There's no market for your sorrows, so don't advertise them...
    Zubair...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@capsat shld i change the fuel pump as well?

Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

did you tried with fuel cap one notch lose..?? what is result. The fuel filter in Vitz is in Fuel pump assembly see whatever is economical for replacement. At Your choice only.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List