Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: toyota corolla xli 2009, problem of noise from engine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default toyota corolla xli 2009, problem of noise from engine

Is any one experiencing a strange noise at 2500 RPM from engine, PLEASE SHARE.People from Toyota are saying k it is inbuilt problem with A/C compressor of new corolla, i do t know whether it is true or not.
    Each moment of your life is a picture which you had never seen before, and which you'll never see again.
    Enjoy & Live Life!
    Make each moment beautiful!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sir

Is that noise audible with more then 3 feet range?

xli has no audible noise, although its noise level is a little bit high then previous generation ALTIS.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is audible when you are sitting in cabin, it s not that audible from outside.but it cabin it s very disturbing
    Each moment of your life is a picture which you had never seen before, and which you'll never see again.
    Enjoy & Live Life!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes brother
    when u sit in cabin and when all door were closed than u heared a voice coming from engine, i have XLI 2009 and i am facing same voice coming from engine ,and another voice which is coming from left sun shade ,
    -SHAH SAHAB

Senior PakWheeler irfansiddique's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

engine sound is very much audible in the cabin but not very loud. as the engine is 1.3 & body is big & heavy so it has to work hard. but get it checked from Toyota. it should not be disturbing.

Senior PakWheeler Porsche_Maker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Xli are noisy after 3k RPM
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what to do? Toyota ppl are sayin k it is inbuilt prob, i m considering to get rid of this ****
    Enjoy & Live Life!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have gli and the wierd sound which i also encouter come after 3000rpm or at 3000rpm and when u accelerate car more.
    agree from previous model sound ziyada hai
    !!!!! Corolla is Not A ROLLA its a Pleasure !!!!!

CoRoLLa RoCkS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

gli 09, no noise
    dms664 likes this.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yes bhai the noise is factory fitted, the reason is that the ac compressor Sanden company is assembled in Pakistan not Thailand or Japan which comes in older model because they have make a factory of sanden compressor, radiators and condenser in tharpharkar. Thats why the ac is not chilled as compare to old corolla.

But reborn has original thailand ac.
    My Cell: 0344-2796065 email: rasheedsahab2012@gmail.com
    Join my group if u love JDM cars : www.facebook.com/JDM.imports.Pakistan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have xli with no such sounds from compressor. Although its engine noise is higher but no disturbing sound of compressor yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have GLi 2009 since Sept last year and realized this very irritating noise from the engine when I stopped using the AC. I took the car to Toyota Rawal motors to get it checked. They took the matter very casually and told me the noise was from the AC condensor and is harmless. I asked them to lodge my complaint with Indus motors as this was not acceptable to me. I told them if I wanted a car with a sound like a Rickshaw I would have bought a rickshaw. Upon this they took a written note of the complaint.
    After few weeks I contacted them (as they didn't even bother to contact themselves). They told me that they contacted Indus motors and this is what their reply was..."We have given such a wonderful model, with a beautiful shape and excellent fuel consumption, so what if there is some odd sound it makes no difference"!!!!! I was shockedand asked them why they didn't tell me about the odd engine sound when I booked the car. I asked them to lodge my complaint again and get my car checked by Indus motor team.
    I'm really pissed off and plan to go to consumer court if they do not rectify this problem. I didn't have the time to followup with them for last 1 month and neither did they contact me. I'll visit them this week to get update of my complaint.
    charsi1858 likes this.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lodge your complaint in consumer court.
    LIANARULES likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have got a 2009 GLi and have been noticing this irritating sound since I bought it. It is quite audible when rpm is at 2500 +-. I got it checked by few mechanics and they all said that its a sound from the compressor.

Im wondering why doesnt Toyota company in Pakistan behaves in casual manner and do not gets the problem sorted out. Previous corolla was having issues with the brakes and this one with the A/C compressor.

Regards,
    Yasir Hassan Maken

Senior PakWheeler Porsche_Maker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its Compressor Noise then i think thy must be using same compressor in 2.OD and ALTIS, any of these variant user have this issue?
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can buy my brand new xli engine for 200,000 then 21k km.
    Seriously i wanna sell its engine only!

I made a thread here! check it out!

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/engi...-a#post2417305

Mentioned
    1485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drsaed View Post
    I have GLi 2009 since Sept last year and realized this very irritating noise from the engine when I stopped using the AC. I took the car to Toyota Rawal motors to get it checked. They took the matter very casually and told me the noise was from the AC condensor and is harmless. I asked them to lodge my complaint with Indus motors as this was not acceptable to me. I told them if I wanted a car with a sound like a Rickshaw I would have bought a rickshaw. Upon this they took a written note of the complaint.
    After few weeks I contacted them (as they didn't even bother to contact themselves). They told me that they contacted Indus motors and this is what their reply was..."We have given such a wonderful model, with a beautiful shape and excellent fuel consumption, so what if there is some odd sound it makes no difference"!!!!! I was shockedand asked them why they didn't tell me about the odd engine sound when I booked the car. I asked them to lodge my complaint again and get my car checked by Indus motor team.
    I'm really pissed off and plan to go to consumer court if they do not rectify this problem. I didn't have the time to followup with them for last 1 month and neither did they contact me. I'll visit them this week to get update of my complaint.
    Tell them that if this is not solved - you will drive the whole lot of delivered corollas up their backsides.. I would suggest contacting a TV channel too.

It would be in the best of interests to contact TMC Japan and lodge your complaint with full details of the car.. Ive got transmissions replaced and other jobs simplified by a little threat/higher level followup with these guys.. Honestly they think that in Pakistan chori karna karobar hai
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by drsaed
    @poster

That GOOOOOOON GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON comes after 3000 RPM. Its a manufacturing fault.

Dear Members I felt good after reading all of your comments. I thought our QOM was sleeping and they don't bother to take any action against these white collar thieves.

If Toyota recall two million cars in Europe and US then why dont in Pakistan?

I think all corolla users who live in Isb/rwp should go to Toyota indus motors with DRSAED and if they don't solve this issue then we must file a suit against them in supreme court.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuncha View Post
    gli 09, no noise
    Agreed!
    Though the engine growl increases at higher RPM,s but at 3k the noise is very negligible.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This rattle sound would not bother you if you drive your car under 2.5k RPM but its disturbing whenever it hits 2.5k or higher RPM.
    Intelligence without ambition is just like a bird without wings...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List