Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baleno Check Engine Light

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Baleno Check Engine Light

Hello All:
    I live in Faisalabad and have a baleno 2004. From last 4 days, it is creating problem on CNG. When i leave my house for some market or any other place, it ON the check engine light. Jb bhi check engine light ON hoti hy, gari jhatka marti hy. Phir thek ho jati hy. But throughout the jorney, this happens many times. I went to many workshops. Some said, that it is CNG poing issue (that is near stearing, where we see CNG lights). Another said, KIT and Cylinder ki service ho gi. Some said that We'll change advancer and whole wiring and it ll cost 9,000.
    I have to go to Islamabad by the end of this month. And i cant go with this problem. I have to solve this please.
    So kindly tell me that Can any one of you solve my problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude its a sensor issue, if u can come to isbd i can guide u to the cng mechanic who solved the same issue on my baleno.... cng kit and cylinder has nothen to do with it....
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear, issue is same. I cant come to islamabad without solving it.
    Please can you please tell in explain that which sensor.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like the air temperature sensor or throttle position sensor is going bad. Visit any 3s and pull out the error codes, so u know what exactly it is
    Pioneer 80PRS/ Focal 165 KRX3/ JBL Power Series P 1224/ Focal Elite ER5 RCA/ C Quence
    MMATS SQ 4160/ Pioneer GM 9601/ Scorpion QSP RCA/ Orion/ STP/ Focal PK21/ Stinger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Dear, i ll check and tell you later.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is No Issue .... If you want you can drive as much as u want with this Check Engine light , it wont affect anything in the vehicle , I had the same issue in my Baleno 2005 , what i did was get the wires of the Injectors changed(Wires which supply current to injectors) n thats ittt .... Issue resolved , It should cost u 150 to 200 Rs

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saadz137 View Post
    This is No Issue .... If you want you can drive as much as u want with this Check Engine light , it wont affect anything in the vehicle , I had the same issue in my Baleno 2005 , what i did was get the wires of the Injectors changed(Wires which supply current to injectors) n thats ittt .... Issue resolved , It should cost u 150 to 200 Rs
    When the CEL comes up the car goes in kind of safe mode and won't run on full potential. In this mode, the engine runs at predetermined settings till it is diagnosed and repaired.
    Pioneer 80PRS/ Focal 165 KRX3/ JBL Power Series P 1224/ Focal Elite ER5 RCA/ C Quence
    MMATS SQ 4160/ Pioneer GM 9601/ Scorpion QSP RCA/ Orion/ STP/ Focal PK21/ Stinger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rom

As far as my experience is confirmed , i dint find any jerk in the drive or any difference when the check engine light is on or off , In my case there was bad wiring that caused the light to turn-n , rather then wirings affect on engine that actually causes the light to turn on , soo might be the case with the poster as well , I think he should give it a try with a differenst set of wires n check.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saadz137 View Post
    @Rom

As far as my experience is confirmed , i dint find any jerk in the drive or any difference when the check engine light is on or off , In my case there was bad wiring that caused the light to turn-n , rather then wirings affect on engine that actually causes the light to turn on , soo might be the case with the poster as well , I think he should give it a try with a differenst set of wires n check.
    True, but poster should pull out the codes first, may be something else,

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Step wise check it.

1) Convert your car to petrol, Does the check light stays?

2) Open the bonnet increase the throtle slowly, Is there any missing at initial rpms.

3) Remove all the plug wires and coils one by one, Does the car stutter by removing any of them.

4) Remove the distributor sensor wire (calm shaft sensor) is there any change.

5) The main issue is that sensor, If your car is on after market CNG mechanice plug the advance thru that sensor, not proper fitting might burn that wire creating a short circuit due to which your cars Advancer and the sensor both arnt working. Resulting in slugish drive on CNG, and a problematic drive on Petrol.

Baleno does not give a check light if driven on CNG so its definetly a electronic fault. As you mentioned is missing as well, so its probably the sensor thats faulty or the wiring to the sensor isnt working.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default location of the sensor

Baleno Check Engine Light -253452
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear saadz137:
    Yes I can drive car as far as i want, but with jhakty, not smooth and the light on and off frequently.
    Dear Chinyoti, i really appreciate your soulutions on different threads. Yes i ll check the sensor too.
    It is ok on Petrol, really no issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear chinyoti and other fellows:
    1 more question with you all. When we heard that someone checks the car with attaching the computer with it, then where he attachs the port in the baleno?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

^ check when the car is standing idle, increase the race slowly between 1000rpm to 3000rpm see if theres any missing, yes the missing only on initial rpms not and feels okay above 3000rpms

The port is attached under the steering colum, if u are on ur knees and u sit out side the car, you can see it just under the dashboard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes sir jee, there is missing in initial RPM on Petrol, not on CNG. But that is, i think due to the injectors. One of the injector of my car is faulty as mechanics said.

Can you pleeease send the pic of the port, under steering column. I searched but not found. Picture please....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sold my Baleno but il try googling. Well if the injectors faulty there would be missing all the time not just on initial revs.

But the missing on initial revs on Petrol only and not on CNG is also a clear sign of the faulty or mis functioning of the calm shaft sensor

Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

@Umar - usually the Socket for the ECU is inside the car under the dash or towards the firewall behind Glove compartment on the passanger side.
    - www.crackwheels.com -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks capsat, i found it.
    Now i ll do the experiments with it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys now i got the same problem. The CEL keeps getting on and off and car is stuttering wildly. I know the source of the problem, which is an idiot guy washed under the hood while i was getting my car washed and i was a bit too late stopping him. So does that mean the wiring and sensor is to be changed?
    @fullyloaded2... Can you mention the location of the mechanic you were referring to in ur earlier posts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List