Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By skashif

Thread: Daihatsu Cuore L512 Mira engine conversion help!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Daihatsu Cuore L512 Mira engine conversion help!

Salam all,

I'm looking for an engine to transplant into my daihatsu cuore, the engine im interested in is the the:

660cc Turbo intercooler 3cylinder/4cylinder EFI 16v/12v twin cam one ... i believe the engine code is EF-VE or the
    JB-JL. Something like this ...

Daihatsu Cuore L512 Mira engine conversion help! -429703

if anyone can give me any sort of advice, help or any technical tips before I start on this swap, that would be greatly appreciated and I would also like a word from anyone who has performed this swap before and their experiences with the car itself after the swap.

Any help would be great thank you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I have recently installed Daihatsu EF VE twin cam 660 cc in my cuore. I am very much satisfied with the pick n economy of the engine. However if u want more pick then you can go for 1000 cc twin cam but that engine is heavy for small car like cuore. People was using that engine for jeap.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what was the price and place of purchase? and can your car easily get the speed of 100-120 or it struggles? 660cc engine comes in Mira and has enough power. So local cuore's has a heavier body?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hav tested many 660 cc cars but there is noise when u reach above 80 km/h. but i hav noticed no noise in engine even u cross 110 or 120 mark. highly recommended for cuore. as far as power is concern it generates almost double torque when compared with 850 cc engine.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where can I get Daihatsu EF-VE engine from?

Quote Originally Posted by skashif View Post
    I hav tested many 660 cc cars but there is noise when u reach above 80 km/h. but i hav noticed no noise in engine even u cross 110 or 120 mark. highly recommended for cuore. as far as power is concern it generates almost double torque when compared with 850 cc engine.
    Its good to know that you are well satisfied with your EF-VE engine. I am also interested in having this swap in my 2000 model Cuore. A little guidance would be helpful. Can you please tell me where should I buy this from? I live in Lahore but Shoba Bazar Peshawar can also be an option.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List