Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: should i buy toyota gli or honda city ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default should i buy toyota gli or honda city ?

I m confuse.. My friends are saying to buy honda city automatic gear and I m interested in Toyota gli as my area road is not that good and i have hear that honda city suspension is not that good plus it got lots of problems..
    So guys you suggest me please..

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

City ac fan noise can be heard inside the cabin i have checked my uncle city.My uncle also has now plan to buy gli and sell city .City is only better at fuel economy.
    Aunda Fan

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@959 you are saying city has better suspensions u r very very wrong city will heard double bumps than rolla .Have u checked any city i doubt it
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler race_addicted's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mubeenshahid wrote:

Road grip of gli is better than city bcoz of its heavy weight .Its much very stable on even 180km/h and believe me no engine sound
    Can Gli touch 180 ?? i think it hardly touces 170. isn't it ??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think race_addicted is right.
    Besides if you would have asked for XLI and City i would have def. said city but if you intend to buy a GLI then i think its good. I believe it has power side mirrors and windows unlike the XLI. Also has more powerful engine than city and should have better stability on high speeds.
    FJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jazzy77

As for your use Gli will be good suspension wise + City has a bad ground clearance.
    Both are good cars but i suggested according to your need !
    Sir you cannot take anything with a 160mm clearance as bad.

@mubeenshahid

Go for gli if u will sell it after 1 month i will be sell at a profit and if u will sell after 2 years then their wil be much and much profits and interior qualities of corolla is better finish ,also paint quality,no trunk light in city shame to honda haha,no highmount stop lamp only a cheap looking interior and also GLI has rough and tough suspensions .
    Sir he is buying a car, not stock in trade, you do not have leather or wooden interior in GLI, I have done a really close inspection yesterday, there is a very minor difference in fit/finish and plastic quality.

People preferring a family saloon will prefer Corollas beige interior and airy ambience while people who prefer sporty and focused interior will like the black/silver interior, I personally like the sterring wheel of City very much, which looks like a psuedo supercar one.

Corolla has no rough and tough suspensions, basic MacPherson Strut and Torsion beam.

@mani1

@959

Do you have any proof that City has better braking/road grip and suspension? Have you performed any real life tests with video proofs? If not, then dont mind, but passing such sweeping statements does not suits you
    Sir I am giving you a number, 142 feet from 100km/hr to 0 dead stop, Kumho KH11 with 15" alloys, would have provided you the evidence had you asked politely, I am not a Honda or Toyota PR guy.

Honda has a much stiffer suspensions and low road clearance, grip and steering is much better then all Corollas, especially the steering is much better then lifeless steering of Corolla.

I cannot believe that I have to argue that a 100kg lighter car with a better clutch/gearbox will handle worse or better then the bigger one, that too a Toyota.

GLi price is fine as compare to city price city 12,60,000 and gli 14,14,000 is worth too with a big mighty car compare to city ,showoff and a dashing rolla with so many after market accessories
    City is offering you a 5 speed A/T which Corolla is not offering in its Top Altis worth 2M Rs, at a lesser price then GLI and you are complaining about trunk light worth a thousand, showoff is nothing without functional improvement.

Gli is braking is very good with abs with ebd city dont has ebd.Road grip of gli is better than city bcoz of its heavy weight .Its much very stable on even 180km/h and believe me no engine sound
    City has EBD, please research, your GLi has an 11 years old engine powering a 100kg heavier car and its not smooth at all, even a Swift engine is more smoother, what kind of grip and stability are you talking about, weight has nothing to do with it.

City ac fan noise can be heard inside the cabin i have checked my uncle city.My uncle also has now plan to buy gli and sell city .City is only better at fuel economy.
    There is no A/C fan noise, your uncle has a faulty car, do no comment on quality control issues, I have seen Xlis with malfunctioning A/C and even fan blower.

Bigger engine and small interior means better A/C performance for City and it also has rear seat fan ducts.

@959 you are saying city has better suspensions u r very very wrong city will heard double bumps than rolla .Have u checked any city i doubt it
    Sir read first then make a comment, I have already written that Corolla will be better on broken roads.

@lazers

Besides if you would have asked for XLI and City i would have def. said city but if you intend to buy a GLI then i think its good. I believe it has power side mirrors and windows unlike the XLI. Also has more powerful engine than city and should have better stability on high speeds.
    Sir you should review what you have written, are you infering that GLI has a more powerful engine?

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

see this with ur own eyes

Quote Originally Posted by race_addicted View Post
    mubeenshahid wrote:

Can Gli touch 180 ?? i think it hardly touces 170. isn't it ??
    should i buy toyota gli or honda city ? -123832 should i buy toyota gli or honda city ? -123833
    Aunda Fan

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@959 what honda fans are want to say?They will defend the honda in each and every situation...Even ask a small child which is better gli or city?He will definitly tell u that rolla has dashing bigger greater looks and interior space is more than city and also very spacious.City rear seat is very small max 3 people can sit but on rolla 5 people can sit believe me.
    Aunda Fan

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@959 i agree with u steering design of city is very much sportier and good.
    Aunda Fan

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Install the 4k wooden in gli and 15k dvd system and it will completely change the look of rolla interior and it will be looking more luxier than city .
    Aunda Fan

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

should i buy toyota gli or honda city ? -123835 should i buy toyota gli or honda city ? -123836
    Aunda Fan

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i mean to say that corolla has much strong and better observe the bumps in cty bcoz rear suspension is very hard ask a city owner.it mentioned in problems in city.

Steering of corolla is much lighter and smaller in size for better adjustments.

Corolla has much grip and stability than city u cant argue with me at this point.i have tested both city 09 and my gli 09 but tell u that on 160 gli was much stabled and city was having less stable.

What to do with 5speed AT with 1.3 litre engine.Its performance is pathetic and worse ever on automatic check it plz.It shifts to 2nd gear on 10 km/h and 3rd on 30 what to do with 5speed when it has so short gearings and altis first gear goes to 70 and second to 135 and pick will be much better.

No faulty car my uncle has even my civic was also doing the same thing ac fan noise and city was doing the same.its not faulty or anything.its normal.

City looks are only worse,pathetic,ugly and if u re talking about luxury then gli will have more luxury interior than city and looks are also better than city.

To install trunk light in city it also voids the warranty dont talk about this and if it costs only 1000rs then why honda atlas hasnt installed this a basic utility dont provided by the manufacture.haha
    NO high mount stop lamp even previous city have this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post

Corolla has no rough and tough suspensions, basic MacPherson Strut and Torsion beam.

Honda has a much stiffer suspensions and low road clearance, grip and steering is much better then all Corollas, especially the steering is much better then lifeless steering of Corolla.

I cannot believe that I have to argue that a 100kg lighter car with a better clutch/gearbox will handle worse or better then the bigger one, that too a Toyota.

City is offering you a 5 speed A/T which Corolla is not offering in its Top Altis worth 2M Rs, at a lesser price then GLI and you are complaining about trunk light worth a thousand, showoff is nothing without functional improvement.

City has EBD, please research, your GLi has an 11 years old engine powering a 100kg heavier car and its not smooth at all, even a Swift engine is more smoother, what kind of grip and stability are you talking about, weight has nothing to do with it.

There is no A/C fan noise, your uncle has a faulty car, do no comment on quality control issues, I have seen Xlis with malfunctioning A/C and even fan blower.

Bigger engine and small interior means better A/C performance for City and it also has rear seat fan ducts.

plz honda fanboy dont argue with me more.GLI is better than city and its worth too .
    Aunda Fan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mubeenshahid

Sir I am not taking any company's side.

I have already told the goods and bads of both cars, which you are eloborating in pictures.

Corolla is a family car and City is a driver's car.

City is optimized for handling and Honda engineers have no idea about the pathetic road or track we have, Corolla is the dullest car to drive and it is not my opinion or observation it is a proven fact acknowledged by automotive journalists world over.

There is an Auris and Blade from Toyota, you should drive one.

Anyway what will you search for in the trunk? you do not take other side's argument when XLI is coming with manual windows and without ABS, in black and white color, charging more money and double delivery time.

I do not want to waste time of both of us and space on PW, nor I want to get a warning from PW, I have a quite clean reputation, I will not post a reply anymore on this post, in one word, you have some serious biasness issues, secondly "knowledge is power" and I am a quite powerful person.

Words like "brand loyalty" or "best selling" will take you no where.

Regards
    Readers are Leaders.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    @959 what honda fans are want to say?They will defend the honda in each and every situation...Even ask a small child which is better gli or city?He will definitly tell u that rolla has dashing bigger greater looks and interior space is more than city and also very spacious.City rear seat is very small max 3 people can sit but on rolla 5 people can sit believe me.
    Yeah here a SMALL KID is saying GLi is better. You're the one. Again you have started to flame the threads.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Suspension bottom out. Help please!

csfsf

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean to say that corolla has much strong and better observe the bumps in cty bcoz rear suspension is very hard ask a city owner.it mentioned in problems in city.

Steering of corolla is much lighter and smaller in size for better adjustments.

Corolla has much grip and stability than city u cant argue with me at this point.i have tested both city 09 and my gli 09 but tell u that on 160 gli was much stabled and city was having less stable.

What to do with 5speed AT with 1.3 litre engine.Its performance is pathetic and worse ever on automatic check it plz.It shifts to 2nd gear on 10 km/h and 3rd on 30 what to do with 5speed when it has so short gearings and altis first gear goes to 70 and second to 135 and pick will be much better.

No faulty car my uncle has even my civic was also doing the same thing ac fan noise and city was doing the same.its not faulty or anything.its normal.

City looks are only worse,pathetic,ugly and if u re talking about luxury then gli will have more luxury interior than city and looks are also better than city.

To install trunk light in city it also voids the warranty dont talk about this and if it costs only 1000rs then why honda atlas hasnt installed this a basic utility dont provided by the manufacture.haha
    NO high mount stop lamp even previous city have this.

plz honda fanboy dont argue with me more.GLI is better than city and its worth too .
    City's suspension is hard on broken roads agreed, even the S class breaks your spinal cord if your drive it on country side. Try driving it in places like defence and motorway. You'll know the difference.

Steering of corolla is lighter and smaller? Lighter? i dont know how a lighter steering is SUPERIOR and if your think its smaller, then you need glasses.

GLi is stable even having high ground clearence? Talk sense

Ever driven a 1.3 ivtec city? As for its automatec transmission, you are unaware of CVT which senses the pressure of foot and acclerates accordingly. Your great uncle would be trying to maintain fuel average thats y it would be shifting like that.

As for you're uncles civic, he deserves a 2nd hand mehran or a dabba keeping in view the condition of his cars.

As for that trunk light, ill prefer a technological advanced and powerful vehical rather then some lousy trunk light

As for your last ruthless comment, you need to be BANNED!
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazers View Post
    Engine is the same 2NZ-FE
    The difference is the availibility of power windows, central locking, body coloured side mirrors, metallic colours, ABS with EBD and BA which are available in GLI.
    About the stability at high speeds,
    Corolla is much better because of its heavy weight.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should i buy toyota gli or honda city ? - 123835 should i buy toyota gli or honda city ? - 123836
    I would prefer the steering of City over Corolla but the interior of the City is a big turn off and the dash of Corolla is much better.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go 4 Honda

the real power of dreams

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Basim View Post
    Go 4 Honda

the real power of dreams
    Yeh kya baat hui?
    Is tarha to main bhi keh doon ke,

Go for Totoya, Moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sir I am giving you a number, 142 feet from 100km/hr to 0 dead stop, Kumho KH11 with 15" alloys, would have provided you the evidence had you asked politely, I am not a Honda or Toyota PR guy.
    Please do not quote figures on aftermarket tires. Post the number on stock Eurostar tires and also post number for Corolla GLI. Btw, I am no fanboy either.

Glad to know that you also admit the ride of City is hard and will hurt your spine on our Pakistani roads. Not to mention that the car getting hit from beneath all the time

How do we test handling? Are these cars (city & GLI) meant to be track cars? Are we racing on them? Dude these are small family cars and handling does not matters when all you have to do is overtake a car in front of you! I won't even argue with you on this matter and maybe City's handling is better than GLI but it WILL NEVER show on the road because we are not on a track! If we even have to waste our time, lets waste it on something which atleast matters

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List