Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Homage UPS where to buy?

My old UPS gave up last right, I want to buy a new model. I hear that Homage is a good brand. Can anybody give me the following details.

Where can I buy Homage UPS in Lahore?

Does it come with a warranty?

I am looking for 1 KVA model what would be the approximate price?

Also, if anyone has used it, please share your experience
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Ken
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude DONT buy Homage UPS. Trust me and take my word on it. It SUCKS. I used it for some time and then got it changed and bought Mercury Radiant 1000 (1kva/600watts) instead. I would suggest you to go for Mercury Radiant 1000 or if you have the funds then go for Saltec Powerlink or Digitech kinds as their customer support is nice but they are expensive. How much backup time do you need? If not much, then just get Alfa as it comes with a small battery attached to it and you can use it for 5-10 minutes. If you are looking for 30mins - 2hours then get the above mentioned as you can connect big liquid and dry batteries with them and they will give you your desired backup/running time.
    Saltec and Digitech would cost you somewhere around 9-11k.
    Mercury Radiant 1000 here in Karachi is for 8000. Don't know about Lahore. And just in case, i am selling my Mercury Radiant 1000 for 6500. You can check the details on my thread:
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!105977~ForumID!23~pw.html

P.s. whatever you get, do NOT get Homage. You will regret it. Hope i helped

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also heard many bad things about Homage, the biggest being poor after sales services. I bought Luminous 800va with Osaka 200Amp battery. it runs 4 fans and 8 energy savers for upto 2.5 hours and charges the battery within 1 hour. I don't know about its availability in Lahore. I got the setup for 19500. My friend got 1.4kva with 2 x140 amp batteries and is running his complete home fans and lights on it. Never had any complains.
    Pakistan Zindabad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback. I guess Homage is not really an option now.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well ironically, im using homage UPS whch i wud recommed every 1. itzz workin gr8 i dont knw whether it completly charges da battery or not but it works wen da electricity iz gone. accordin2 my limitd info it iz chinese so i dont expct any custmer services 4rm my vendor.
    dey can trigger mE but dey'll neva figurE me out!!hah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well one of my friend just bought Homage UPS for his PC. He is a proefssional power user of computers relating to film making. So main cause was NOT to abruptly turn off PC on power failure.
    According to him, the UPS backup is fine, but whenever the KESC is gone, and UPS coming to backup mode gets his system restarted, and he is furious on this Homage service centre is at Saddar by the way and he is going to get his UPS replaced. I'll share his recent experience with the customer service people in a while when I'm informed.

Why dont you opt for United UPS. They are a bit expensive but works very fine. Just get the original ones.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well Zank the prob ur friend is facing is because he got a inverter now with inverter when power fails it takes more time to switch over to batteries and provide power than UPS and this time that is also in mili seconds is enough to restart computers.

What he needs is UPS or i saw a friend who was installing inverter and i told him this the installer told me they invented some cable which is for 1500 Rs with that your inverter can act just like UPS and your PC will not restart.

So ask ur friend to buy proper UPS not inverter
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Vaqas1
    Dont know technicalities of invertor vs. UPS but...
    Well what to say if Homage is selling out invertors tagging them as UPS. But I think thats not the case with him. He has a UPS that give him 4 hours of backup (at the least) for his computer system (scanner, printer, 22' monitor, some external media gadgets, burners, powerfull GPU etc.). The backup is running fine he has tested for more than 3 hours, the problem is with transferring the load.
    My office UPS does the same nowadays too, as it has become old and power failures are frequent. But a new one should not do so.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

same problem is here when light goes the pc restart but the backup time is very good.i am using homage 1200watt 24volt since 1year.i am only facing the transfer time problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any reviews for Dany UPS . Heard they also have made UPS .
    ..........Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead. ~Mac McCleary
    ..........Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
    .......Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I saw that ups at my relatives and at friend's home... They were quite happy with it. My friend's UPS got a fault and the dealer fixed that problem for FREE.

I have just bought one today, and will share my experience in a week. By the way I got that for Rs. 7500/= only (1kva) with 12 months of warranty.

Anyone here who can guide me to buy battery for this ups. I saw one in Metro, Osaka 140 amps for around 6500/= rupees only but I don't think it comes with warranty. Anyonw who can tell me where to buy it with some months of warranty?
    Life is a Highway!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zank

@Vaqas1 Dont know technicalities of invertor vs. UPS but... Well what to say if Homage is selling out invertors tagging them as UPS. But I think thats not the case with him. He has a UPS that give him 4 hours of backup (at the least) for his computer system (scanner, printer, 22' monitor, some external media gadgets, burners, powerfull GPU etc.). The backup is running fine he has tested for more than 3 hours, the problem is with transferring the load. My office UPS does the same nowadays too, as it has become old and power failures are frequent. But a new one should not do so.

Well the Homage UPS is in front of me and nowhere it says UPS on the box or manual. It is actually an inverter but we call it UPS since most of the people don't know much about inverters.
    Life is a Highway!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ shahid217

where did u get that homage ups from? can u tell me the shop...

osaka batteries have warrenty and metro is giving it at a very reasonable price as i bought 140 am exide for 8500 few days back. Even if that battery doesnt have warrenty even then buy it bcz batteries have 6 months warrenty and there is nothing going to happen to it in 6 months that u can replace it in warrenty.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well Hashim I bought that from Shah Alam Market aka ShahAlmi...

Shop's name is National Electronics and their address is:

Ali Center, 16-A, Main Road, Shah Alam Market Lhr 042-7632915

They are selling another Inverter named Cambridge with same Homage specs but its price was Rs. 6000 only. But I thought not to buy such devices without warranty so I went for Homage Inverter.

They are just selling the product, in case you need to avail warranty services, you will need to pay visit to R & I Electronics at Temple Road. They are the only authorized dealers of Homage in Pakistan I guess.

Regarding Battery: I saw Metro catalog and like other electronic products it wasn't mentioned that Osaka Battery is under warranty.

Even if it is not, would you suggest me to buy it without warranty?
    Life is a Highway!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bought Osaka 140 amps battery for Rs. 6700 only with 6 months of warranty.

Got it installed a few days back and pretty much satisfied of its performance (at least till now).

Persons who like to use it for PCs: Their PC will be restarted because of high transfer time, around 15-40 ms. They should go for UPS with around 2-3 ms transfer time, if restarting of the PC really matters.
    Life is a Highway!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Homeage UPS

AoA,

I am using Homage UPS for the last 2 years. Its working fine. The after sale service is also avail, a friend of mine got his ups repaired in warranty free of cost (Islamabad). I am happy with it. You can check the Homage UPS price and info at www.smart.com.pk/ups

Take care.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tayyabihsan View Post
    AoA,

I am using Homage UPS for the last 2 years. Its working fine. The after sale service is also avail, a friend of mine got his ups repaired in warranty free of cost (Islamabad). I am happy with it. You can check the Homage UPS price and info at www.smart.com.pk/ups

Take care.
    Good to hear that...I am using Homage 2000 for the past 6 months now...no apparent problems so far...happy with it...a friend of mine using it for the past 2 years now...
    Can you please share the info of the dealer from whom your friend claimed the warranty... don't need need it right now...but just in case....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have been using Homage vision 100 for a year. No problems Alhamdolillah.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont buy homage ups ever they sucks
    bought it 6 month ago after 4 months its stop going on backup
    than stop charging the battery
    i claimed the warranty, after 1 week i get it back
    i connected it back used 1 hour to chek it,but i found that they just charged the battery and gave it to me, then i went to the service center again on the same day
    then 1 week more, but still the same problem
    dont ever think to buy it.. ever
    LiVE FaST DiE YoUnG

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a ups with 2 batteries 4 sale
    1 kva ups..
    115amps ki 2 batteries... in warrenty... nd batteries iz just like new abi tak first water he ha bech mein hain just 2 weeks k badh mainy use nae kiya ups...........

if any1 want to buy then let me knw......... my contact number is 0322 4095255
    power of d15b............!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List