Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Sui Gas Bill Calculation

Can anyone give the formula for calculating Sui Gas Bill? like if the units consumed are 200 what will be the gas charges?
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The units formula is printed on your gas bill. Last winter I paid 10,800, 9,800 and 8,800 respectively for using a heater and a geyser only. In summer the bill was normal like 160 rupees. I asked gas company to check the meter and they said it was working fine. I checked with other people who ran heaters and a geyser day and night there winter bill was like 700, 1200 etc. Now I suspect that the geyser is the culprit. I am testing it, it never shuts the burner (I think that the thermostat has gone) second suspect is that the insulation in geyser is gone. I have talked to my landlord and even if he did not agree on replacement I am going to replace the geyser on my expenses. Cannot pay this much bill and since last year they have increased gas price too much.

For all those getting higher gas bills, it is time to replace the geyser. Your bill will fall dramatically after new geyser
    Seat belts do save lives.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    The units formula is printed on your gas bill. Last winter I paid 10,800, 9,800 and 8,800 respectively for using a heater and a geyser only. In summer the bill was normal like 160 rupees. I asked gas company to check the meter and they said it was working fine. I checked with other people who ran heaters and a geyser day and night there winter bill was like 700, 1200 etc. Now I suspect that the geyser is the culprit. I am testing it, it never shuts the burner (I think that the thermostat has gone) second suspect is that the insulation in geyser is gone. I have talked to my landlord and even if he did not agree on replacement I am going to replace the geyser on my expenses. Cannot pay this much bill and since last year they have increased gas price too much.

For all those getting higher gas bills, it is time to replace the geyser. Your bill will fall dramatically after new geyser

I had the same problem last year but sensed it at the right time. Only had to pay like 3000/-

To solve the problem with the faulty geyser, control the gas flow with the lever before geyser. It may solve the problem.
    ..................__ ____|___\___
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)__|___/(O)\

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@autophile, if you paid that much for gas bills, I think its cheaper to get a geyser on your expense, keep the broken one and when you switch places leave the old one. Because when the landlord is such an *** he does not deserve a gift and you never know the condition of the geyser at the next place, you might be better off using the one you know.

As far as heaters go, only use good brands like Rinai, the flow and materials matter a lot, I also found a good balance between gas and electric heaters where combined utility bills never cross Rs. 2000/- if you happen to visit Brabus Cafe they have those electric heaters which look like pedestal fans, they also retail them, consumption is 800W.
    Waiting for the day people start obeying laws of the road while on the road... sigh!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also paid high bills for gas last winter with only one geyser working and no heters. got the geyser serviced but am really worried whats gonna happen this winter.
    Pakistan Zindabad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@tazzix. Yes for people like me living in rental accommodation and moving after a couple of years, it is advisable to get a new geyser of their own, because I have found that in all the houses I have lived in the past 20 years except one or two, all had old and faulty geysers, but that did not hurt much as the gas tariffs were not so ridicoulously high as they are currently.

I have Rinnai heaters in my house, so I guess that they are not the culprit

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am in quetta where it is quite cold these days and right from afternoon till late night we have to use two heaters atleast. Now the first bill i recieved for september was quite nominal. a few days back i got the bill of oct 09 which was for Rs 1200/- against a gas usage of 220 units ... now i am observing the gas meter readings frequently and so far it is averaging around 450 - 500 units ... there is no formula for calcution on gas bill just the units consumed and gas charges in rupees ... can any body tell me how much will the bill be for 500 units ...
    @autophile
    Could you copy the formula from gas bill as i think the calculation is not there in Balochistan area billing ... i tried searching the net but couldn't find it
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Naweed, the price of units increase exponentially, e.g. (I have an electric bill in front of me) the first 100 units are Rs. 3.490 each and the next 200 units are Rs. 5.260, gas ones are much more ridiculous and also the taxes and CED is much higher for higher bills so with just a few units more you can go from Rs. 900/- to Rs. 1500/-

@Autophile, the worst thing that can happen is sharing of utility connections with the landlord because of the above scenario. When I moved into this apartment with independent connections I am not even paying 1/3rd of what I had to pay living in a portion.
    Waiting for the day people start obeying laws of the road while on the road... sigh!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@tazzix
    I certainly agree. As far as i know for elec it is 260 rupees for first 100 units then some 360 rupees each for next 200 unit and thereafter it is around 600 rupees for every 100 unit till you hit the total of 1000 units and then it increases a lot .... i've given an average of 5.5 rupee per unit in winters and 7 rupee per unit in summers and it almost gives a correct estimate.

Now for gas my guess is that the moment you exceed 100 units the bill shoots up but to what extent i don't know ... a wild guess is around 10rs a unit but it could be more ... so ineed help as i don't afford to pay bills above a certain limit ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

dont know how they calculate the bill
    actually its a bit complicated to read the gas meter.

Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Ltd.
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've been thru that but there is a calc formula involved ifanyone has the knowledge please

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last yr my gas bill was like around 15k. few heaters and three geysers,...., well finally got meter fixed and now its abt 5k.. always get the meter checked.....
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Naveed
    Here you go. This for SNGPL, I think there is some slight difference with SSGPL

slab/ usage of gas in Hm3/ Rs per MMBTU
    1/0 to 0.50/ 80.65
    2/over 0.50 to 1/ 84.45
    3/over 1 to 2/ 153.73
    4/over 2 to 3/ 325.48
    5/over 3 to 4/ 423.42
    6/over 4 to 5/ 550.44
    7/5 and above/ 730.17

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thats pretty complicated, don't get it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@retarded. It is very simple. Check your gas bill, find out consumption and see in which slab it falls and what is the unit rate.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your reading on meter is in m3 then this reading is converted into MMBTU to apply gas charges. while reading meter ignore the last three digits .... say your meter reading of last month was 00189223
    and after a month it is 00389448, now ignore the last three digits and you net consumption for the month is 389-189=200 unit (m3) now convert it into MMBTU .... i'll search the formula and post it for conversion .... the slab of bill where you fall is given my autophile above ....
    @Autophile
    thanks really greatful ... still a bill above rs1000 is not indicated in the slab but i think i'll workout some relationship

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Naweed, as @autophile has mentioned price / MMBTU so you have to multiply your MMBTU with the price of your slab to get the bill in thousands. If you get a central heating system installed expect a gas bill of 15 to 20 thousand for a bunglow on one kanal, while electricity is needed for controls and thermostats but not much.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@tazzix
    I wish i could afford a central heating sys .. all i am worried about are two heaters which almost run continously and amounts above 3000 would be a burden and exceeding 5000 would be a mess of monthly budget... thanks for the concern though

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

u got the meter fixed? thats total do numbari mairay bhai.
    using cheap tricks to slow down the meter by bribing the meter man
    with 3 geysers and heaters, 15k is a normal bill

Naweed saab thank u for telling me how to read the meter.my bill was not coming and i forced them to make my bill. i took the wrong reading and paid bill. now with correct reading i got a negative 1500 rupees bill last month
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@hash4u
    Your are welcome, atleast someone got benefitted from this thread.
    And I agree fully with the do numberi part. I wish we Pakistanis get this concept that whatever unfair means we adopt are balanced out somewhere else with a multiplication factor far worse but alas we all ae living for today only.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List