Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any one using Loncin Generators??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Any one using Loncin Generators??

Were planing a buy a new small generator, the markets full with zillions of chinese brands, And even if u ask them that u need a generator of a brand that is your name, they say thoose are avalible but we would deliver it to you tomorow (sticker change probably)

On roaming around and around, talking to differnt people, mechanics, repairing people, shops aroud the market. (We had Honda in mind as previusly using it, but throug sources came to know the pure Honda Generator in Chines, But the ones coming by the name Elemax Honda are korean and better Generators. Now some people in the market also claimed that Old stock ELEMAX HONDAS are koreans but the fresh arrived ELEMAX HONDA stocks are also chinese.)

So we short listed 2 brands

1) Green Power RS 31,000 (2-2.5 kva model Generates 1800 watts 1 model then comes 5 Kva models)
    2) LONCIN RS 24000-28000 (2-3 Kva models Generates 1800-2300watts diferent models)

Green powers engine is made to run on gas and has no petrol option, its a better choice as no alteration would be done and would use it on Natural gas directly, And is avalible with one dealer in the market only who claims to have the agency, and claims il give in written im responsible for every thing with in the warranty period. and that all parts are avalible even after the warranty period ends. But the issue is that many times the presure isnt enough that even my current Honda dies on gas, and further times to come there maybe Gas loadshedding.

One option is to always keep a gas cylinder filled up for backup, but some how doesnt seems feasible.

So now we have decided to go for a LONCIN Generator it generates about 2300 watts, has a gaskit included in the package. Previusly our HONDA 2500 Generated about 1800watts.

Now even in LONCIN there are seperate models, options avalible with about 4k price difference (23k to 27k).

-Some models generate about 1800watts, other generate 2300 watts.

-Some dont have a electric starter (push button like), some come with key starter, some with recoil starter.

-Some dont come with a battery, some you have to buy seperate battery.

-Some dont have a trolly.

The one we finalized wasnt avalible at other shops, and this shop seemed big and reliable too. its model is some thing like LC or LP 3500

This genset has a catchy plastic panel covering the engine, key starting, a bigger FB battery (others have mini dry batterys like in toys), Trolly, etc makes it look bigger and attractive too. But all that stuff doesnt matters, its whats inside that matters.

1 year complete warranty (electronics not included)

1 Gaskit. to run on Petrol and Natural Gas

its price is about Rs 27500 final (with gas kit installed) andd Rs. 27000 without Gaskt.

In market Gaskets are worth 500-2500 with seperate fitting charges.

SO if any one is using LONCIN brand generators or know a reliable dealer im waiting for your feedback, we would finalise the deal in a day or 2 as we have sold our old Honda 2500 (aprox 15 yrs old) as it had completed its life wasnt worth repairing now.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chinyoti , we are using them for last 2 years , no problem till now working gr8 both on gas and on petrol, got 2.5 kva & 5.5 kva, last week battery died after 2 years so have replaced it , oil was changed on regular intervals, in fact frequent intervals as we didn't knew the intervals of oil change now changing them after 60 hours or so. 5.5kva was bought from this place " faisal brothers shop # 4 abdul square new challi , shahrah -e-liaquat karachi.
    ph no# 021-32415990 ". hard bargaining is must with guys there. and perhaps they will insist u to buy luthiyan generator telling u loncin is not good any more as these fellows are getting more % in selling luthiyan generator. they will make home delivery of generator also their technician might come to fit/adjust gas kit at home.
    best of luck with the purchase.
    December 2007-Prince Rupert- Gale force wind and high seas damm.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@archon, Thanks for ur response, Thats a relief, the deal was done, It was some sikander and company. 27.5 final with gaskit and 27 without gas kit, The deal went smooth there wasnt much bargaining involved,

Was delivered on a Suzuki he took charges Rs.500 from new challi to Defence, The guy who was offering Green power had free delivery included,

Altho we had a gaskit removed from the previus Generator but i insisted my dad that we should buy a fitted gaskit Genset so that there arent any warranty issues later on. And Rs.500 seemed reasonable.

il post some pics tomorow. Currently running on petrol for atleast first 20 hours. But the gas kit seems a bit odd, as the setting cant be locked.

My previus Gaskets setting was done and locked, so we can adjust when required. Im thinking to use the previus kit. This kits setting is free and can be distured by any one who wants to mess with the setting. (il still consult the person who comes to set it on gas at my home). Now i will have to call some one to come and set the Generator on gas at my place.

About oil change the guy recomended to change the first oil after about 6 hours of running and then 80-100 hours. Previusly with my Honda generator i was changing oil every 15 days aproxx 45 hours.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Elemax ...

Chinyoti, congratulations on your purchase. I just wanted to clarify couple of things. Elemax is actually powered by original Honda engine and are made in Japan and nowhere other than Japan. The ones you've seen for which you've been told they are Korean, they are totally fake and you can tell just by looking at it. But the genset you've bought is definitely made in china, and they are way cheaper than Honda powered original Elemax. Goodluck to you and enjoy your genset.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've also purchased Loncin 2.5KV from Sikander & Co at New Chali Shara-e-Liaquat for Rs 27000 (Including gasket, troly and a bigger battery) a couple of days ago. The generator and the particular shop was recommended by a friend who had purchased the same few months ago at the same price. Though i visited a couple of shops at New Chali myself but it was enough to confuse me with the generator brands, models and offcourse the prices. One of the shopkeeper told me that you can get a 2.5KV generator in any price from 18,000 till 35,000 depending upon the brand and the model. So i decided to go with my friends recommendation and made the deal with Sikander & Co. By the way i also heard that there is a copy of Loncin 2.5KV (model something like 3500 or 35000) coming in which will cost around Rs.21000.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

^ ahan nyc i hope its working nicely. I got it from the same shop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Loncin generator

@Choniyoti
    I was just going to buy honda or yamaha gen so someone (a dealer of yamaha) referred me to loncin and strongly insist that i should buy this one.

whats your experience so far with the LONCIN?

pls advise.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There Are Two Type Of Loncin Generator In MArket.. One is Fake Other One Is original Loncin... Bought One Loncin 2.3 KVA in 38500..
    Pakistan <3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan <3

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List