Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Apple sues Samsung for 'copying' the iPhone and iPad

Whoa! In the world of big-time lawsuits, this must be just about the biggest. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Apple has sued Samsung Electronics for copying "the look and feel" of its iPad tablet and iPhone smartphone. This relates to the Samsung Galaxy S 4G, which bears more than a passing resemblance to the iPhone 3G / 3GS models, and the slightly less obvious Epic 4G, Nexus S, and Galaxy Tab (presumably the older 7-inch model, since the newer ones aren't out yet) devices. The claim for intellectual property infringement is phrased as follows:
    "Rather than innovate and develop its own technology and a unique Samsung style for its smart phone products and computer tablets, Samsung chose to copy Apple's technology, user interface and innovative style in these infringing products."
    The lawsuit was filed in the Northern District of California on Friday and seeks injunctions against Samsung, damages (both actual and punitive), and a finding that the infringement was willful. Lest we forget, the rarest outcome in such legal tussles is for an actual judgment to actually be handed down, so the greatest likelihood is that this will just lead to another round of grudging handshakes and licensing going one way with money going the other way, but still, it's fun to see the big dogs barking at each other.

Another aspect to these proceedings that shouldn't be overlooked is that, on the software front, they boil down to iOS versus Android (again). When Apple calls Samsung uninventive in its user interface, it's talking more about Android's perceived imitation of the iPhone's interface than whatever TouchWiz tweaks Samsung has slapped on top. And hey, if you're going to sue Google indirectly, you can't leave a major player like Samsung outside the courtroom, it just wouldn't be fair.

Source:Apple sues Samsung for 'copying' the iPhone and iPad -- Engadget

NOw for me Samsung Galaxy S 2 over Iphone 5 even and Samsung galaxy tab over Ipad 2 crap.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.ahaseeb.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haters gonna hate!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still no comparison..Apple lovers will still use apple no matter what happens.. and to be very honest.. till now its more stable as compare to android as android is still in develpoment process.
    I use NOKIA N900: IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I must say which ever thing is more popular sure receives more criticism and love.
    Apple is very popular company and they are many haters and lovers.
    They are 1 Ifan to 3 ihater ratio.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_jin View Post
    Still no comparison..Apple lovers will still use apple no matter what happens.. and to be very honest.. till now its more stable as compare to android as android is still in develpoment process.
    In case you havent used droid.I must say functionality and features favour android.IOS is only now good in apps.I myself is switching from iphone to Htc desire S.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple should come up with new, while with this thy are actually helping Samsung to wide spread in US
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Apple lovers will still use apple no matter what happens..
    lollzz...that's the same story with PPP voters .....anyway android is very much stable and has more freedom than ios ...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Rise from the ashes,.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mubeenshahid

NO Comments..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new iOS 5 from Apple promises to offer best breed solutions to the end users through its robust design. The new iOS 5 is jam packed with rich feature sets that will enhance the overall utility of the devices in just about no time at all. Similar to the Android platform the new OS has menu driven interfaces for clubbing all notifications in one place. The end users can act on these at single go rather than hovering around for multiple attempts. The message feature is uniquely implemented in the new platform, allowing the iOS users to share messages amongst themselves at utter ease without any additional cost.
    Unlike Android, iOS platform has been more stable and bug free. Therefore, end users can leverage from the supreme class graphics and features at the same time. The iOS platform has been known for multitasking and multi threading features. The new iOS platform will also support Apple’s newest service offering, iCloud. It will allow users in storage and access of data wirelessly over the cloud platform and auto sync up the information across all iOS enabled devices without any manual intervention. The service will help one and all in optimizing costs without any constraints at all.
    Competing tablets and mobile OS’ are either based on Android or other unstable OS platforms. As a result, the innovation in their stream is lacking. The iPad and iOS apps are cutting edge in nature helping users to take full leverage of the rich hardware and software functionality of the device. There are no viruses and malwares for iOS in the market as a result, end user experience is higher when considered to the Android platform. Get going and look to benefit endlessly from the fine iOS 5 capabilities

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple sues Samsung for copying the iPhone and iPad -265328

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lollzzz.. the features that would came with IOS5 are already there on android for more than a year ago ...

Apple sues Samsung for copying the iPhone and iPad -265329

ios first needs to catchup with symbian ....than they can think about android ...just look where was android at starting and where it is right now as compare to older IOS ....need rocket science to understand ..?? i don't think so ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IOS is a much more mature and stable platform than Andriod and therefore does everything better than any andriod phone. Nobody cares about the number of handset models are available for the platform. That is not a choice people care about because ultimately they just buy one phone and want to have a choice in the applications and that is exactly where IOS provides a better choice. And most people buy an Andriod just because it is cheaper and no other reason.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@getscorpion

Bro. I am talking about stability not the market share. I don't think so you get my point.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@getscorpian

And if you can get the 2nd quarter report you will get a better idea where it stands

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

cheaper ..?? android handsets are coming with 1.2 dual core processors with true hd 1080 recording ...tell me about iphone hardware ....?? a big LOL at full leverage of rich hardware ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@getscorpian

And if you can get the 2nd quarter report you will get a better idea where it stands
    you mean all those years apple was bluffing ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Samsung Galaxy S2 is already giving hard time to iphone sales across the globe.
    And for you IOS copied many features from android.: notifications,cloud storage,camera volume button and camera right from homescreen
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Android is gaining traction because of so many devices and tablets currently working and supporting Android - Win7 is a gone case - weak effort for MS to come back. Nokia Symbian is a lost case too. so the only thing left to compete is IOS.

IOS still has traction but it wont be for long because of IOS being closed to other platforms - its all about innovation and brand value - how long that will suffice - its hard to tell - lets see what apple comes up with next.

Android based devices are surely the future. there will be meeGo based devices by intel - all in all it will be ball game ... competition is good - benefits the consumer hahaha.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by honrolla View Post
    Android is gaining traction because of so many devices and tablets currently working and supporting Android - Win7 is a gone case - weak effort for MS to come back. Nokia Symbian is a lost case too. so the only thing left to compete is IOS.

IOS still has traction but it wont be for long because of IOS being closed to other platforms - its all about innovation and brand value - how long that will suffice - its hard to tell - lets see what apple comes up with next.

Android based devices are surely the future. there will be meeGo based devices by intel - all in all it will be ball game ... competition is good - benefits the consumer hahaha.
    Exactly.In the end the benefit will be of consumer getting better features in less price
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL get the new iPhone 4 Prototype from ebay with the bid of $ 999,999 BTW I was w8ng fa iOS 5 at last it came and I'm luvin it no lag no bla bla simple as pie ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List