Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: ACCA Articleship or Internship???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ACCA Articleship or Internship???

AoA Friends

I have attempted my final ACCA papers this december. I wish to start an internship or articleship now but am confused about which one should i opt for. Can you people guide me in this regard keeping in view the future prospects of the two? I am more concerned about learning and building a strong cv at this stage, earnings are not my prime concern.

An early and helpful response from related friends will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    y would they kick off easy revenue that they are earning from all those thousands of students joining because of easy requirements
    ICAP is not a business, otherwise, they would have charged several times as much as they currently charge for each paper....like ACCA does.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BackToCivicFaiez View Post
    ICAP is not a business, otherwise, they would have charged several times as much as they currently charge for each paper....like ACCA does.
    +1

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    lol... i know several ppl working abroad who got that much as starting salary. a friend was hired in dubai by some company last november, hes not even an affiliate yet n hes getting 4000AED plus accomodation. another one has completed acca n is working for 7000SAR per month in saudi arabia. n i ve seen several job listing for freshers offering 1lakh+ pkr salary in arab world.

n in western region, 1lakh rs is hard 1000 dollars which is not much money at all for a month. ppl who DO find relevant jobs DO get paid atleast that much or more. n that may not be too much money but atleast u can survive decently. what living standard can u maintain for 6000rs a month?
    n its not about how long the course is, its about how comprehensive it is. accountants need only 2-3 years to get gud understanding of the field while doctors need atleast 5 bcuz of the vast knowledge. dude, even a b.com holder can get 10-15k easily. its not like salary is directly proportional to the number of yrs spent studying. lol ... wat a silly argument!
    You cannot differentiate between salary and stipend, now i am helpless

and about foreign earnings, why should you even study ACCA? a friend of mine works in Pizza hut in London and earns 1500 pounds per monnth.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

okay around one hundred or so.

the total number is around 5-6k (somewhere in the middle)

If they wanted to artificially create a shortage of CAs (which is quite pointless btw), they could just raise entry requirements.

what reason?

as chaudhry9 said, that wud restrict the revenue flow. after all, they HAVE to have some revenue to run the organization.

n the reason, well, i ve stated many in my previous posts e.g. harder to complete, takes longer, not-so-gud international acceptability etc etc. lesser ppl enroll in CA n an even lesser, infact hardly a few pass it, so, not as many CAs in the market.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

well , ACCA is also a not-for-profit organization, like ICAP. although both may be making some. but u should understand that ACCA is in uk, their expenses etc are much higher then ICAP n they charge 60-90 pounds per paper depending on the level. while they may seem to be a lot of cash in PKR terms, its really not that much if u're in uk or if ur earnings are in dollars or pounds. so acca is NOT as expensive. although marginally expensive then CA.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post

and about foreign earnings, why should you even study ACCA? a friend of mine works in Pizza hut in London and earns 1500 pounds per monnth.....
    lol... seems like u got turned down for the pizza hut job n u could not get over it.

Dont tell me what i can or cannot do. i do understand the difference without u having to point out. u're just one of those ppl who just dont want to accept facts. well, fair enough. dont! i ve made my point already n those with open minds can understand what im trying to say... u look for pizza jobs around u... lol...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

well , ACCA is also a not-for-profit organization, like ICAP. although both may be making some. but u should understand that ACCA is in uk, their expenses etc are much higher then ICAP n they charge 60-90 pounds per paper depending on the level. while they may seem to be a lot of cash in PKR terms, its really not that much if u're in uk or if ur earnings are in dollars or pounds. so acca is NOT as expensive. although marginally expensive then CA.
    ICAP charges 1/10th of that, and you can still get jobs of similar pay abroad with it.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol... seems like u got turned down for the pizza hut job n u could not get over it.

Dont tell me what i can or cannot do. i do understand the difference without u having to point out. u're just one of those ppl who just dont want to accept facts. well, fair enough. dont! i ve made my point already n those with open minds can understand what im trying to say... u look for pizza jobs around u... lol...
    If you are going to start insulting, I think I should also ask both you, ahmed billa, and chaudhry to go back to your village and manage your cows...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

If you are going to start insulting, I think I should also ask both you, ahmed billa, and chaudhry to go back to your village and manage your cows...
    well i am in my village n i love it here n theres nothing wrong with being in a village n managing cows. but u better ask ur friend to behave properly as he was the one who started acting the wise guy... n you, btw, have no authority to ask anyone to go anywhere...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

well i am in my village n i love it here n theres nothing wrong with being in a village n managing cows. but u better ask ur friend to behave properly as he was the one who started acting the wise guy... n you, btw, have no authority to ask anyone to go anywhere...
    I just assumed by ur id, it turned out to be true...you are infact gujjar..lol
    stay in ur village and make sure those polio teams don't poison you or your family lol...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a typical losers reply when you are left with no argument... peace

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to clear myself, i never targetted YOU in this reply which you took over your head. By "YOU" i meant general people as i was justifying the earnings level you mentioned. I am so sorry to see your reply as i thought you might b some mature guys with whom i could learn something as well, but my mistake. Keechar me pao me nay hi maara tha, so my fault

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

I just assumed by ur id, it turned out to be true...you are infact gujjar..lol
    stay in ur village and make sure those polio teams don't poison you or your family lol...
    sad to know that u turned out to be a typical low life lahoriaa who thinks hes the center of the universe. Well actually im not a gujjar, nor i have any cows to take care of or any village or agricultural land to be proud of.
    Im a simple person, who doesnt judge ppl by their profile or location and who would really not like it if u talk about his family one more time!
    and who are u btw? im assuming u must be a billionaire celebrity. because i'd be disappointed to know that all of that attitude is coming from a guy who just got back to his civic n thinks the world is all about him...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

just to clear myself, i never targetted YOU in this reply which you took over your head. By "YOU" i meant general people as i was justifying the earnings level you mentioned. I am so sorry to see your reply as i thought you might b some mature guys with whom i could learn something as well, but my mistake. Keechar me pao me nay hi maara tha, so my fault
    well, last few posts of urs were targeted towards me so it would seem to make sense that i assumed it was for me.
    actually i AM a mature guy and many learn frm me on pakwheels n other place n i learn from them too. but the same cannot be said about u. go to ur first post which u wrote for me n see who wrote rude comments first. then come back n we ll decide whos who...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

a typical losers reply when you are left with no argument... peace
    n i'd like to say the same for u. i ve written all the arguments supporting my claims quite well. i cannot do anything if ppl here are text blind...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

dont u worry about that kid we have people like u to manage them already

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

sad to know that u turned out to be a typical low life lahoriaa who thinks hes the center of the universe. Well actually im not a gujjar, nor i have any cows to take care of or any village or agricultural land to be proud of.
    Im a simple person, who doesnt judge ppl by their profile or location and who would really not like it if u talk about his family one more time!
    and who are u btw? im assuming u must be a billionaire celebrity. because i'd be disappointed to know that all of that attitude is coming from a guy who just got back to his civic n thinks the world is all about him...
    actually he is one of those THARKI's who see some girl n show their AUKAAT
    one live example i saw on this site
    there was some guy from karachi who had asked about help for her sister that which accounting field should she join
    n this THARKI BTCF openly posted there that send no of ur sister by pm so i can talk to her

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, last few posts of urs were targeted towards me so it would seem to make sense that i assumed it was for me.
    actually i AM a mature guy and many learn frm me on pakwheels n other place n i learn from them too. but the same cannot be said about u. go to ur first post which u wrote for me n see who wrote rude comments first. then come back n we ll decide whos who...
    i am sorry if you felt any of my post targetted towards you. i can assure you that by the word "YOU" in many places, i mean a general person, not specfically you. this is how i debate. i have been using Pakwheels for long but my posts are very little just because i dont peep my nose into every matter. So this concludes that this was not my place as well.

Whatever you think about yourself may b right or wrong, but never underestimate anyone, this is my advice for you.
    thankyou and its over from my side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    actually he is one of those THARKI's who see some girl n show their AUKAAT
    one live example i saw on this site
    there was some guy from karachi who had asked about help for her sister that which accounting field should she join
    n this THARKI BTCF openly posted there that send no of ur sister by pm so i can talk to her
    hahahha... thanks for opening up his true identity to me. so actually hes BackToTharkiPuna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

i am sorry if you felt any of my post targetted towards you. i can assure you that by the word "YOU" in many places, i mean a general person, not specfically you. this is how i debate. i have been using Pakwheels for long but my posts are very little just because i dont peep my nose into every matter. So this concludes that this was not my place as well.

Whatever you think about yourself may b right or wrong, but never underestimate anyone, this is my advice for you.
    thankyou and its over from my side
    wow... u're a problem solver! after so many posts in which u even answered my statements, u say they were not for me! alright! no issues.
    anyways, i also dont poke my nose into every matter unless i really know what im saying... PEACE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List