• 2 Post By romano
  • 1 Post By silent_boy

Thread: Need some advice regarding my Persian cat

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need some advice regarding my Persian cat

The cat is a Persian male about 1.5 year old. It was gifted to me by a friend. I haven't been able to give much time to it because of my work schedule and my family does not do much besides feeding it. I have gotten it vaccinated also treated the fur with a lotin that the vet gave me which helps get rid of ticks. I have some queries and I would appreciate if cat lovers can give me some advice.

1. We are feeding it thrice a day with Whiskas (dry food) mostly and sometimes fresh leftover meat. It has gained weight pretty fast and I'm getting the feeling that we are overfeeding it. I would appreciate if someone can point out how much and how frequently does it need to be fed.

2. Secondly the cat has developed the habit of spending the night outside the house. It leaves the home in the evening and comes back early the next morning. Now I am beginning to realize that it was wrong to let it roam out of the house because now it refuses to stay inside the house at night. And if we force it inside, it will keep watching the door for an opportunity to slip out. Sometimes it comes home limping, after getting into fights with stray cats. All sorts of plant seeds are stuck in its fur frequently, which is a pain to get out. Is it too late to make this cat stay inside the house? I am afraid that if we force it inside, it might run away. Need some advice regarding this.

3. It has clumps all over its fur, because we neglected combing it. For the past few days I have been combing him regularly, but some of the hair clumps are too entangled to straighten out, so I have had to cut them off. Now it's got bald patches here and there. Just wondering how long will it take for the hair to grow back?

4. How often does it need to be showered and which shampoo is best? I shower it about once a month. I purchased a dog shampoo from Metro, it seems to be ok, but I would still appreciate a recommendation regarding the shampoo. Something that would give the cat a good shiny coat.

Looking forward to some good suggestions. Thanks.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangel View Post
    The cat is a Persian male about 1.5 year old. It was gifted to me by a friend. I haven't been able to give much time to it because of my work schedule and my family does not do much besides feeding it. I have gotten it vaccinated also treated the fur with a lotin that the vet gave me which helps get rid of ticks. I have some queries and I would appreciate if cat lovers can give me some advice.

1. We are feeding it thrice a day with Whiskas (dry food) mostly and sometimes fresh leftover meat. It has gained weight pretty fast and I'm getting the feeling that we are overfeeding it. I would appreciate if someone can point out how much and how frequently does it need to be fed.

2. Secondly the cat has developed the habit of spending the night outside the house. It leaves the home in the evening and comes back early the next morning. Now I am beginning to realize that it was wrong to let it roam out of the house because now it refuses to stay inside the house at night. And if we force it inside, it will keep watching the door for an opportunity to slip out. Sometimes it comes home limping, after getting into fights with stray cats. All sorts of plant seeds are stuck in its fur frequently, which is a pain to get out. Is it too late to make this cat stay inside the house? I am afraid that if we force it inside, it might run away. Need some advice regarding this.

3. It has clumps all over its fur, because we neglected combing it. For the past few days I have been combing him regularly, but some of the hair clumps are too entangled to straighten out, so I have had to cut them off. Now it's got bald patches here and there. Just wondering how long will it take for the hair to grow back?

4. How often does it need to be showered and which shampoo is best? I shower it about once a month. I purchased a dog shampoo from Metro, it seems to be ok, but I would still appreciate a recommendation regarding the shampoo. Something that would give the cat a good shiny coat.

Looking forward to some good suggestions. Thanks.

1.only feed it twice a day, but not thrice a day...also just feed it with fresh meat once a day and second time the feed.

2. keep it strictly indoor as it may got captured by some ferral dog or chance of mis-mating so you will not be able to cover this problem....keep it chained in the evening

3. try to trim the hairs completely as it will also covers your summer season and you will not have to groom it again for summer

4. for shampoo purpose no need to purchase the pets shampoo. you can also use jonsons baby shampoo and you cab shampoo it when you feel it is dirty

and spare some time for your cat as it needs some attention thats why it goes out of the house and also follow proper vaccination schedule
    Naweed likes this.
    signature space for sale

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

protect him from AMERICAN dogs.
    www.euroslim.com.pk; www.splash.pk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Feed it twice a day.

First problem is that you let it out. Keep these type of cats in-doors ALWAYS!

You can use johnson's baby shampoo as well like a poster before me said.

and last but not the least I would advise if you can't give enough time to your cat then its better you give it away.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Brother I don't think eating cat meat is halal...So avoid eating cat's meat at all cost.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A male cat has a tendency to stay outside and female is vice versa ... it will not run away but it is in their genes ... it won't run away on its own but keeping it in is better otherwise you'll keep it treating for tick and other diseases/injuries ... generally Persian cats are larger in size and stray cats do not give them much harm but when it comes to territorial ownership even a weak stray cat will fight till death

for indoors keeping a female cat is always advised ... but then you have deal with her love affairs as well .. :-)
    "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with above comments that you have to keep it indoor.

I have a male Siamese, he's 2 years old. when he was 18 months old he developed a habit of going outside my house and now he even goes for 1-2 days then comes back to eat. My cat is not vaccinated.

I give him boiled chicken necks only. Sometimes I use samson baby shampoo or even Pantene

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want my cat to make his territory in my block. There are many other male cats and he had many fights with them, when he was a kid he got beated badly but now he's giving hard time to other male cats outside. I don't love to enjoy there fight but I want him to be tough so he can live in the real world with respect and dignity
    ZXMCO likes this.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I spotted a missing cat once and took it inside my house for examination. Upon checks it came into light that the male cats had lost its testicles. The white Girl in UK claimed ownership and his beloved pet. What kind of Idiot will castrate a male cat and how would you feel if someone does that to you to tame you stay inside the house as a thing of interest....Upon these comments the Germananian Englis Couple sold their house loss like 30k and vanished. The vet finally revealed that it was not my cat perhaps one of its siblings.

Cutting long story short man I do not keep cats now cause I do not know how to handle their love stories. Once they are not castrated they want to $uck alot and stay away all night and who knows what kind of diseases they bring back to the house and harmful for younger family if you have one. Cats are particularly dangerous for babies and toddlers.You also do not want to keep a male cat like above so what is any resolution there if any?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

I guess first thing is to change feeding time to twice a day and I will change the shampoo to Johnson's baby shampoo.
    Is there any other vaccine besides rabies that the cat must have? The vet told me that's the only one for cats and it has to repeated once a year and he also gave me a spray for ticks, which he said must be used every three months or so.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BackToCivicFaiez View Post
    Brother I don't think eating cat meat is halal...So avoid eating cat's meat at all cost.
    Best one so far! HAHAHA, Faiez, what chemicals are you on? :-)
    ZXMCO and silent_boy like this.
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 2nd habbit of the cat is really bad wo bi aaj ke dor mein
    ZXMCO likes this.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangel View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

I guess first thing is to change feeding time to twice a day and I will change the shampoo to Johnson's baby shampoo.
    Is there any other vaccine besides rabies that the cat must have? The vet told me that's the only one for cats and it has to repeated once a year and he also gave me a spray for ticks, which he said must be used every three months or so.
    You wont need to vaccinate the cat if you don't let it out of the house, it won't get ticks as well. BTW I've kept more than 15 cats in the past 6-7 yrs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List