PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to get a Hand Gun License in Islamabad

Could anyone please advise the current procedure for obtaining a hand gun license in Islamabad!

and i believe its advisable to keep a licensed gun, but there are ppl who say it 'd put you in trouble cause the local police can bug u unnecessarily.. like in case of any incident they may inquire you n stuff.. would appreciate views of islamabad based members who keep/ carry weapons for personal security.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm well, the procedure is now the same for all provinces including federal territory for an ALL PAKISTAN licence issued by the Ministry of Interior. If someone has a provincial licence, to convert it to an ALL PAKISTAN one, they have to go to the ministry of interior.

Ok now the process. You must be aware that the ministry of interior has changed the arms licencing process from a manual one to a printed card one (similar to the digital driving licence in Islamabad). The booklets issued previously are no longer available (the hoarded stocks also finished this month) so I wont go into that process as its a bit different.

1) Write a letter to the secretary of interior requesting him to approve your request for grant of an arms licence
    2) If approval is given, you will be issued with a demand note by the ministry (or just ask someone you know to get you a demand note which is the way most people do it). After the issuance of demand note, you have only 6 months to complete the rest of the stages.
    3) Deposit Rs. 5000 challan with NPB.
    4) Buy a gun from a licenced gun dealer. Get him to put the weapon number on your demand note with his stamp.
    5) Go to the concerned DCO with the demand note to get his endorsement and stamp. For Islamabad, this is the DC Islamabad and here you also have to register the weapon with the arms branch in the Katcheri before the DC will sign.
    6) Fill out the licence application form. Attach 2 photographs, copy of ID card, original challan form and original demand note. Submit the application at the ministry of interior's arms branch.
    7) Now wait for 4-8 months for them to issue you with a card as there is a massive backlog.

Btw, please note that the Ministry is NOT issuing new demand notes ever since the Government was dissolved. So you have to wait till after elections and the policy of the new Government. If you are in a hurry, find some high-level contacts.

As far as the police is concerned, there is no issue provided you follow the laws.

See my detail post on this here:

http://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!68944~ForumID!23~Page!2~pw.h tml

Hope this helps
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many thanks bro! a very prompt, comprehensive 'n a very helpful response!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bored2676

I have a licence for a 30 bore pistol issued to me around two and half years back got a local made replica with three magzines

my question:

How can i convert this license to a 9MM ( as I have my eyes on a 9MM )

Thanks in advance

Shahid
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you have a booklet, you can get it converted easily to 9MM.

1)To get it converted, you have to first go to the licencing authority e.g. if its a Ministry issued booklet, then to the Section Officer (Arms) in the ministry or the respective authority which issued it in the first place. BUT BEFORE doing it, take a closer look at your booklet. Some licences are for "ONE NPB WEAPON ONLY" i.e. Non prohibited bore and dont specify a particular caliber. If this is the case, then go directly to step 2!. If this is not the case i.e. the booklet only specifies a particular caliber i.e. 30 bore then go to the licencing authority. I am attaching a picture of the relevant page of one of my booklets so you can see what I mean (9MM caliber specified).

2)The concerned gun dealer (the one who is selling you the 9MM) and DC endorse on the booklet.

However you will have to dispose of the 30 bore by selling it to a gun dealer or to another licence holder. You cant have more than one weapon on a single licence and once you put the 9MM on the licence, the 30 bore automatically becomes an unlicenced gun.

If its a digital card (cant be since they started it a year or so ago), you have to turn in the card and get a new one. That is why most people prefer booklets.
    How to get a Hand Gun License in Islamabad -810315
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bored2626 thank u so much for detailed information about arms lisence. i may like to add one thing.
    application form for new computerized arms lisence can be downloaded from ministry of interior website.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@fouadabid
    looks like you are going to start a mobile snatching business
    My height has stopped increasing, my width compensates for it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks bored

I have a book let issued by the ministry like the one mentioned by you, 30 bore is specifically written there so i will have to go to the ministry.

thanks for reply

Shahid
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@saad: why mobiles..why not cars well i just saw a thread by 'cooldesire' on 'should we keep a weapon for safety' and it reminded me that we should have a weapon at home atleast if not for carrying while on the move!

@bored2676: i must appreciate the breadth of your knowledge.. are you by any chance into arms business (legal i assume)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@fouadabid: Not in any arms business. I am just a gun enthusiast. Furthermore, currently posted by my company in NWFP so this also adds fuel to the fire!!!

You know, in Islamabad, people go to Jinnah super market to hang out.......well while I am posted here, Dara Adamkhel is Jinnah Market for me!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Saad
    LMAO!
    Comments on how am i behaving please call 0800-9211420 and eat ****!

Closed Thread

User Tag List