PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 'Mobil' oil shop in lahore

guys yesterday i went to check out some rims at this shop near mm alam road , hussain chowk lahore at next to it was mobil or mobil 1 authorized shop. i dont know how much authorized it was however the guy from that shop came to me for some marketing. So the best oil they had to offer was for 4500rs approx 4 litres and he said it runs for about 10000 km and people use this in rangerovers, porsches etc blah blah.

So guys whats ur opinion on this brand and is it better then havoline or zic a+....??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

by far one of the best oils in the world for watercooled cars.

10000km in PK without an oil change,... that's not happening.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We in SNGPL are using Mobil's Delvac 1 in our Mercedes Actros 3831 Primemovers with a change interval of 30,000 kms.
    Everything is possible in Pakistan, provided right product is used in the right way.
    Daewoo Sammi was using Mobil's Delvac MX with a change interval of 16,000 kms a couple of years back.
    Zaheer Iqbal Naru
    B.E. (Mech), UET Lahore
    Engineer (Project) Gr-II
    Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobil 1 is performace oil used by F1 cars aswell n several other racing events worth buying if u use a performance car

Retired Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The oil itself may be fine, it is air filteration issues that prevent extra long oil change intervals in dusty environments.

Heavy earth moving equipment has huge high quality air filters, with cyclonic pre-filters, and sometimes extra oil bath air scrubbers, along with restriction monitors.

Car usually don't have all these, and a mere paper or oil/cotton air filter will allow accumulation of fine dust particles in the oil.

To the OP: Would it be possible to see pictures of the front and back of the oil cojntainers to be able to read the specifications?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I am using Mobil 1 in my 8gen civic and from my experience this oil is good for new engine car and it increase the performance of the car.I also change my oil after 10000 km.

Retired Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7111 View Post
    I am using Mobil 1 in my 8gen civic and from my experience this oil is good for new engine car and it increase the performance of the car.I also change my oil after 10000 km.
    10,000 km is only about about 6,250 miles, and that is not a very long interval.

There are "extended performance" versions of Mobil 1 that are guaranteed for 15,000 miles (about 24,000 km).

May I please know the details of the Mobil 1 you are using?

It would be great if you could post up pictures of both sides of the containers used.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    10,000 km is only about about 6,250 miles, and that is not a very long interval.

There are "extended performance" versions of Mobil 1 that are guaranteed for 15,000 miles (about 24,000 km).

May I please know the details of the Mobil 1 you are using?

It would be great if you could post up pictures of both sides of the containers used.
    yes your right my oil shop guy told me to change it after 15000km but i was thinking that he must be lied to me so i changed it on 10000km it was still good when i checked it on the time of change ..but my dad is not satisfied so i changed second time on 10000km again . i will tell you knw in few days coz i dont hv the bottle right knw.it was a silver bottler i guess..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend told me to go for magnatec which comes from dubai you can change that double the time as compared to normal oils however i will try this 'mobil' oil out most definately and change approx after 6 or 7000 km or after a couple of months.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yeah he was right, most ppl with lc's, porche's, rangie's, use this mobil oil.
    5K interval is change, 10k too much for our environments.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should see the colour of oil on dip stick, till it's yellowish it's good and adjust mileage accordingly. My khyber keeps oil yellowish after 4000 KM and changing after 6000 KM , using 10W-40 (non Mobil).

For Mobil-1 5W-50 oil interval should be higher 10~15K. Air Filter & fixture and quality of fuel plays role as dust should not enter engine. 2ndly, if oil gets black very early then need an engine oil flush.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to the temperature of pakistan no oil should be excedeed above 5000 kms . .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 129 View Post
    according to the temperature of pakistan no oil should be exceeded above 5000 kms . .
    Good oils are made to bear high tremperatures and you should see the Product Data Sheet BELOW that shows, viscosities and temperature ranges. see pour and flash points.

You pay more for some reason...

'Mobil' oil shop in lahore - 10nywpw

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In pakistan Mobil 1 is only available in 5W/50.

This is not the best garde for small engines. Mobil 1 world over is available in a host of grades

0W/40
    5W/30
    5W/40
    10W/30 and even a 20W/50 aswell

Ideally the recomended grade these days by Japanese manufacturer is 10W/30

As far as the change interval goes, in Pakistan we are victims to quick oil change heteria. If you are using an Oil with the rating API/SL or above 10,000 kilometers is no big deal.

TC
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 03324798203 View Post
    guys yesterday i went to check out some rims at this shop near mm alam road , hussain chowk lahore at next to it was mobil or mobil 1 authorized shop. i dont know how much authorized it was however the guy from that shop came to me for some marketing. So the best oil they had to offer was for 4500rs approx 4 litres and he said it runs for about 10000 km and people use this in rangerovers, porsches etc blah blah.

So guys whats ur opinion on this brand and is it better then havoline or zic a+....??
    Hello, what you need to understand is any genuine synthetic oil will last more than 10,000 KMs in any modern vehical provided the car is taken good care off. Currently from all the synthetic oils which are present in market, i prefer Mobil 1 (if geniune oil available). See the problem with Mobil is that, the official distributor of it Pakistan (Mobil Askari) does sell the motor car oil in Pakistan market, so i am not sure that the product available in market is geniune or not. My second choice is Shell Helix Ultra. This is also a synthetic oil with almost similar set of specification. Since Shell her self is operting in Pakistan and I have found the direct distributors in market, from where i can by the geniune oil. I have tried that oil and have ran my 2010 Corolla for 12,000 KMs. It was perfectly fine, i could gone further but i prefered not to take any risk. This oil is also cheaper from Mobil 1 which is Rs 4500, however shell Helix ultra is of Rs 3500.
    Kindly note that before extending your oil drain intervals, u should make sure that u r putting in geniune filters, (air and oil), this is very important .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id used mobil1 in my vti for 12,000km and man it dint come out too good when drained it looked like sauya sauce totally black! so long intervals for our conditions where there are harsh driving conditions the answer is NO MAN! max use it 8k n den change!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using JB German Oil from last one year. I changed after 18000 kms in my reborn and the oil still had strength. In my other cars I change after 12000 kms. The oil is not only to reduce friction but also to carry away the debris and contaminants, to prevent corrosion and transfer the heat. Regardless of the environment, 10000 kms is not a big deal for good oil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK here is what i want to ask what is the changing interval for 20W-50 mobil oil....any company...can someone specify all the categories with the changing intervals.........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdilSheikh View Post
    I am using JB German Oil from last one year. I changed after 18000 kms in my reborn and the oil still had strength. In my other cars I change after 12000 kms. The oil is not only to reduce friction but also to carry away the debris and contaminants, to prevent corrosion and transfer the heat. Regardless of the environment, 10000 kms is not a big deal for good oil.
    Brother,
    From where you bought this JB oil in Lahore? And are you still using & satisfied with this?
    My studies reflects that American & German engine oils are really best.
    waiting your reply.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using MOBIL 1 0W - 40 in my new Altis . Consulted Mobil USA , they advised 0W-40 Grade for latest models / new cars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List