+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Required Help (urgent) for Changing Engine Oil for Suzuki Cultus 2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Required Help (urgent) for Changing Engine Oil for Suzuki Cultus 2003

Dear Pakwheels fellows,

I have purchased a suzuki cultus 2003 (ODO 170K) a couple of months back and is well maintained. The previous owner was using Caltex Havoline 20W50 oil and car is running without thermostat valve with automatic fan. it was kept for 6 years with the previous owner.
    Now its time for engine oil change and I want to revert it back to the manufacturer recommendation as using 10W40 engine oil and install thermostat valve back. i need expert recommendation from you experience fellows regarding below:

1- Engine is in perfect condition. should it is safe to use Shell Helix HX5 10w40 or any other your recommended oil as car is running for a long period using Caltex Havoline 20w50

2- Factory Radiator is also perfect and there is no water reducing or engine heat-up issues while using AC with auto fan without thermostat valve so is it also safe to install thermostat valve. also which one thermostat valve I buy? any recommendation regarding and price of it.

Thanks for your support in advance.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Brother,

As your car has been driven 170K, so better start using Thicker oils only.
    Please choose any of the following

PTT Performa 20/50 "Its thick & Red Color oil". Very powerful & strong. And change it every 3K.
    Or
    ZIC Hi-Flow 20/50 "Yellow" color plastic bottle.

Performa's 20/50 oil is thicker than ZIC. I've long experience to use them in my car. And Performa always gives good mileage as compared with zic and keeps engine more happy.

Do not trust Caltex Havoline, Shell, Total, PSO, etc. etc. etc. Because all of these oils are being packed here and their quality has been significantly reduced recently.
    Presently this Performa & ZIC, both are good. But use 20/50. Better not to use 10/40 because last owner was already using 20/50. And if you will use 10/40 or similar oil, then it will increase and engine's sound and will make it bit more warm also.

INFORMATION:
    When you go for the oil change, then shop owners keep the "dirty oil" with them. Right?
    The companies like Shell, Toyota, Caltex, PSO, etc. mostly buy these dirty oils, "re-fine" them and re-pack into new bottles. That’s why these oils gives low mileages even then what companies recommend to run.

As far as Radiator valve is concern, just visit a local mechanic to seek his advice.

All the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks bro for your advice.

I have heard that thicker oil is not suitable for hydralic lifters as in case of cultus but the confusing is why the previous owner was only using 20w50 throughout.

I never heard of Performa before. seems to be imported. what about its availability and concern that its not tempered? and whats the cost of 4 liter pack? also i have heard that its very difficult to find original ZIC Oil

As far your "INFORMATION" is concern, it doubt its true but I was thinking that such used oil is used as "OPEN-Oil" in drums. and i was using havoline in all my previous vehicles and trusted the oil a lot

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by atifnaeemmalik View Post
    Thanks bro for your advice.

I have heard that thicker oil is not suitable for hydralic lifters as in case of cultus but the confusing is why the previous owner was only using 20w50 throughout.

I never heard of Performa before. seems to be imported. what about its availability and concern that its not tempered? and whats the cost of 4 liter pack? also i have heard that its very difficult to find original ZIC Oil
    Brother,
    The previous owner was using 20/50 and engine has adopted that type of Oil.
    Consider the mileage your engine has done, its 170,000 KM. And its already quite enough. If you will pour thin oil like 10/30, 10/40, etc. then Engine may not be happy with it and you may significantly feel the different in its its pick-up and engine will be bit extra noisy too. So better to keep continue 20/50.

Well its agreeable that these days ZIC is also getting difficult to find original. But you may google the Zic's distributors, contact them, asked them that at which shop they are supplying big quantities and go to the shop for oil change.

PERFORMA oil is from Thailand. Just few months before it start coming. Its new yet and not very much well known in the market. Because they want to sell good quality to capture market share. Hence providing good quality to make their good name.
    And after 1 year, when they will be popular enough, then may start re-packing here as others are doing.
    If you can find it in Islamabad, then its good, otherwise you may call me and I can dispatch 1 bottle from Lahore by Daewoo.

4L Performa's is slightly cheaper than 4L ZIC. Because they are just trying to catch max. clients by offering good quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks bro for your advice. i will try to find PERFORMA in ISB and then let you know.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're right-cultus has hydraulic tappet lifters and you should thin oil like shell helix hx 5 or hx 7.
    Better convert late than never and have jammed valves.
    Change first and 3k kms and then 4.5k kms or 5 months whichever comes first.

For your radiator- get it serviced and inspect or replace hoses and pipes. Install a oem thermostate valve of 82degrees available easily from suzuki showrooms. Turn your fan to auto and fill radiator woth fuchs or caltex coolant.

Honestly performa oils sound fishy to me rest its your choice.

Youre good to go.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by atifnaeemmalik View Post
    Dear Pakwheels fellows,

I have purchased a suzuki cultus 2003 (ODO 170K) a couple of months back and is well maintained. The previous owner was using Caltex Havoline 20W50 oil and car is running without thermostat valve with automatic fan. it was kept for 6 years with the previous owner.
    Now its time for engine oil change and I want to revert it back to the manufacturer recommendation as using 10W40 engine oil and install thermostat valve back. i need expert recommendation from you experience fellows regarding below:

1- Engine is in perfect condition. should it is safe to use Shell Helix HX5 10w40 or any other your recommended oil as car is running for a long period using Caltex Havoline 20w50

2- Factory Radiator is also perfect and there is no water reducing or engine heat-up issues while using AC with auto fan without thermostat valve so is it also safe to install thermostat valve. also which one thermostat valve I buy? any recommendation regarding and price of it.

Thanks for your support in advance.
    Brother Shell Helix HX5 yellow daba or Castrol GTX is best for you change at every 5,000 KM regularly.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sir If you can live with a noisy engine use the HX5. You can use 15w-40 which will reduce the noise to a good level.
    Trying to be superman !

Mentioned
    985 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)

in your engine you should use a 10W30 or 10W40 oil for quick movement at low temperature, however because it was summer the 20W50 would not matter either.

Now for the cooling system, flush it out with citric acid and renew any corroded parts like flanges, rotten rubber pipes (replace with genuine suzuki items only)

make sure the system is perfectly sealed up and fill up with branded fresh coolant mix. Toyota LLC (red) is perfect in your case (please make sure there is no air pocket in the system) Also remove and clean the PCV valve and install with new O ring.

Drive your car normally and dont worry too much. if you feel that the engine temperature is a bit out of control, remove the original weak, POS radiator fan and install a Bosch, SPAL or any other proper branded fan in its place. Dont install an overly powerful fan as it can weld the fan relay closed or even burn wiring.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... PROFESSIONALS at WORK at CRACKWHEELS.COM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks all fellows, specially Xulfiqar bhai as i was trying to send a personal message but inbox was full and expecting the response from him. sorry for a late reply as i was not intouch due to death of a relative.

@ xulfiqar: Any specific engine oil brand recommendation from you? I am clear with your opinion however i am not aware of PCV valve and O ring. googling for it. in my car, there is a switch installed by previous owner which if engaged, turn the radiator fan to direct and if un-engaged then the fan stays automatic. in summer, i only engaged that switch when in long traffic jams with AC on just for mind satisfaction that car shouldn't heat-up extra else it is working fine with auto fan.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List