Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Problems in Honda Civic 1.8

Senior PakWheeler internal_auditor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Problems in Honda Civic 1.8

This thread is only about problems in Civic 1.8. No irrelevant replies are allowed here. And only owners are allowed to reply here. Just like problems in 09 corolla and 09 city is running this is only related to civic 1.8 (from its introduction in Pakistan).
    It is impossible to please everybody.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    What is the status of your tyres? Maybe they are sucking big time or they are worn out.
    tyres dont make much difference with this car. Top Notch Michelins were notable to make a big difference
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    no dude tires are in good condition just 16km completed smoothly. . manufacturing 2008 bridgestone.

just went to my local mechanic he checked front both bearings making humming noise.
    Yeah so looks like i had the same issue. Inspect the engine mountings aswell before your warranty ends.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler irfansiddique's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah so looks like i had the same issue. Inspect the engine mountings aswell before your warranty ends.
    what are the symtoms of mounting failure ? ? ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    what are the symtoms of mounting failure ? ? ?
    Same sort of symptoms. Irregular sounds and vibration type affects. See your thread. ive posted the pictures.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@re: engine mounts

You'll notice a shudder and a loss of pick in the first gear as far as the engine mount is concerned.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loss of pick? I never noticed in my prosmatec. It was pretty normal then too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loss of pick? I never noticed in my prosmatec. It was pretty normal then too.
    I couldn't really get the meaning of your signatures!
    ~~~~We cannot discover new oceans unless we have the courage to lose sight of the shore~~~

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the car has a couple of blind spots
    1-the front bars on the drivers side, u always tend to miss a cycle, sometimes even a motor cycle, looking through it
    2- no matter how much you pull the driver seat up, you cant see the bonnet

3-the dirver side power window does weird dances lol, but wd-40 does the trick for you
    4-the second gear is not a problem if u shift it gently, if in a haste, then sometimes it goes crazy
    5- a lag in acceleration is somtimes seen in the 2nd 3rd gear,dbw system's drawback
    6- the seats are tooo hard to sit on for longer periods of time

but i guess these are just normal mechanical problems, otherwise the car is pretty good overall..loves to rev, gives a nice fuel economy if driven properly, and the suspension is stiff, gets problematic in rough spots on the road, but its something for our own safety!
    i love my civic
    Ragar Dey!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1--- there are few blind spots, hard to reverse the car as visibility is a problem.
    2--- I hav orile Manial, and sometime (rather rarely) it takes little effort to put the car in 2nd gear.

Great safe car. over all i luv it.
    ***** i hate quotations, tell me something you KNOW *******

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CIVIC problems

@cylestene

to me you seem to be the foremost authority on pakwheels when it comes to 8th gen civics so i have a few questions for you later in my post (please read on).

first my story for all the civic owners.

i got mine on 10th Sept 2009. i was so excited to find an oriel manual in silver that i didn't wait for the bank loan paperwork time of two weeks and bought it on cash (yes i put my hard earned money into it b/c i thought a brand new civic would be problem free).
    i was in for the shock of my life.

on the day of delivery (honda sharae faisal) AFTER THE PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION (PDI) i noticed a huge scratch on the front left bumper and fender. upon notifying the salesgirl who sold me the car there was some activity around the car and after 15mins they said "zara saa to scratch hai, hum nay polish ker kay scratch kam ker diya hai." i insisted on getting it removed, to which they replied "rubbing polish will scrape the paint off the bumper". when i insisted they paint the damn thing or replace it, someone from the top management came out and told me to come the next day and get the bumper replaced and the fender polished or repainted if the polish doesn't work. anyway after driving 30kms and wasting 4hrs of my office time the next morning, they fixed the bumper and the fender.

on the day of delivery i also noticed they didn't remove the plastic covers from the seats even though i asked them too. on further inspection i noticed both front seats and door cloths had many grease marks under the plastic and also the driver headrest's original cloth cover was half torn from the back. i was promised a changed headrest and cleaned seats and doors the next day when i came for my bumper. this was done too, but not without some hassle and arguments.

before my car's 300kms were up, i noticed a rattle from the interior panel of the left "A" pillar as well as a metallic sound coming from the boot. both these sounds were produced while driving on very smooth roads that had no bumps, khaddas or even ripples in the road.
    the "A" pillar problem was not solved till i made another THREE trips to the honda dealership (they just couldn't diagnose it)!!!
    the metallic sound is still present after 8.5months of ownership as they haven't diagnosed it yet.

when i brought the car home i checked all the fluids and they were all either on LOW/MIN or close to it. so i had to purchase them all on my own and top them up.

2 months after buying the car, its battery died on the 2nd day of eid ul azha and we couldn't even dhakka start it b/c i park it in a basement (not enough space) and no jumper cables either as i don't own one and other people in apartments were all gone!
    went to honda share faisal and they took 6 hours to replace my battery with another old AGS battery

this problem was cured temporarily. 45 days later the 2nd battery ALSO died. FUMING i went to honda sharae faisal who in turn sent me to the AGS factory in SITE and they thoroughly checked my car and battery and said there's a minor short circuit from somewhere inconspicuous which leads to slow leaked current and the battery's voltage drops if the car isn't not running/ they said honda needs to diagnose the short circuit and fix it.
    after 8.5months of ownership and 4 trips to honda share faisal, they haven't diagnosed it yet!

apart from that, on the free inspection my car was jacked up for 45mins and not a single item was checked or touched. i know this b/c i was watching my car from the glass viewing area. on complaint that not even the air filter was cleaned (even though i specially requested it), the dealership guy wouldn't believe me until i requested to talk to the mechanic myself. the mechanic obviously admitted to not cleaning the intake air filter. as a compensation i got a free car wash but had to wait another hour for it!

now @cylestene here are my questions:

(1)the cars been driven 3000km so yesterday i decided to clean all my cars filters and check fluids. again i was disappointed to learn that when i opened the glove box and took out the CABIN air-filter tray...it was EMPTY!!! i paid 1.75million for a car and they didn't put a freakin cabin filter! is that the norm for all 8th gen civics or for 2009 models or was it just my car?

(2) what happened to the boot lid insulation (lining)? all the rear lights' wires and number plate nuts and bolts are visible. i suspect this might be contributing to the rattling sound.
    also the plastic enclosures for the pivots/hinges of the boot lid are missing.
    both these items are present in the previous honda city!

(3) i too suffer from a "stiff" 2nd gear even though i drive and change gears very gently and shift at around 2250rpms.
    why is it occurring in all manual 8th gens (if this thread is anything to go by)?? i mean one or two select cases is understandable but I've heard it from several people now! could you please shed some light on it.

more queries coming as and when i remember them!
    pics in my next post. i cant locate the photographs on my computer now!

hoping reading my post wasn't too much of a pain!
    Farooq.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I cant believe you actually faced all these things.
    These kind of stories are heard from mehran and alto owners.
    Iam damn sure that the car you brought had arrived weeks ago at the showroom and multiple parts would have been replaced since the problems you are telling havnt appeared anywhere. Especially that battery thing.

Where as for those scratches. Its clear that your car has been abused by some showroom MD. Like how i saw the "MD of technical dept. of Honda City sales, Lahore" buzzing the brand new civic on the kalima chowk at 150kph back in august 2006 when it newly arrived. Obviously it was booked by someone else and i personally know that guy since we're buying civic for the last 15 years.

And i can tell you about your 2nd question,

Not even a single wire/bolt is visible in the boot and all of it is covered finely.

As for your third question, i keep a prosmatec so it is really keeping me problem free Alhamd-u-lilah.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yahyujee View Post
    I couldn't really get the meaning of your signatures!
    lol my signature is an indirect izat of civic 8gen.

Its just for fun tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you need to change the disc pads after 20000km
    on full throtle the car moves sometimes to the right side

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I changed my disc pads at 44000. That too cuz the honda people suggested me. Otherwise never felt anything.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

civics has poor suspensions i have seen many cars whos suspension is out at 60kmh speed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    Even SLS AMGs suspension will wear out if you'll hit it in toya'z and khaddaz.
    I have never experienced civic doing poorly on proper roads! If u have seen these civics in kana kacha or some pind then thats different story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@faroooch: Man! You should have not taken that car and should have insisted on changing the car.

About my experience: Well, I got mine booked from Honda Point: staff was courteous; they kept me well informed about the delivery of car; I requested an inspection before their own inspection; they called me the day car was driven in and I checked it thoroughly for any issues. Got (kindof) leather key chain and foot mats; The only thing I didn't like was the fact that car was not washed properly;

I have driven approx 1000 km and I haven't yet found a single major issue with it. Minors follow:

- Sometimes the lock button on remote key does not work in my garage.
    - When I open the sun-roof cover; there is a minute but noticeable noise from roof;

What I am missing in this car:

- Audio controls on steering
    - Remote boot-lid opener
    "BTW my 35-year-old beetle has better features than the local mehran!!", Storm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have 08 mod no prob yet
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default thanks

^^I cant believe you actually faced all these things.
    These kind of stories are heard from mehran and alto owners.
    Iam damn sure that the car you brought had arrived weeks ago at the showroom and multiple parts would have been replaced since the problems you are telling havnt appeared anywhere. Especially that battery thing.

Where as for those scratches. Its clear that your car has been abused by some showroom MD. Like how i saw the "MD of technical dept. of Honda City sales, Lahore" buzzing the brand new civic on the kalima chowk at 150kph back in august 2006 when it newly arrived. Obviously it was booked by someone else and i personally know that guy since we're buying civic for the last 15 years.

And i can tell you about your 2nd question,

Not even a single wire/bolt is visible in the boot and all of it is covered finely.

As for your third question, i keep a prosmatec so it is really keeping me problem free Alhamd-u-lilah.
    @cylestene
    I'm still hoping for a reply from you!!

@airomerix

Thanks for your reply.

When I say the wires are visible I mean in the boot "dhakan" when you open the boot and look at the boot lid from the inside. In the previous city there is a sort of carpet lining even on the inside of the boot lid which provides sound insulation.

Please look at the attached pics of the 8th gen civic in America to get an idea of what talking about.

Does your civic have that cabin air filter or not? I want to know if mine is missing or is it simply not supplied with the civic in Pakistan.

Problems in Honda Civic 1.8 - 87803

Problems in Honda Civic 1.8 - 87802

Problems in Honda Civic 1.8 - 87801
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got my civic 4 days back and got the car sound and safe. It was trouble free and had no problems or dents/scratches.
    I think they personally messed up with ur car or something weird happened. They were lokking for a TOPI and they gave it to u.

I agree with FahadKhalil, u shouldnt have taken the car in first place and asked or another or lodged a proper documented complaint. Documenting Stuff always helps.
    BOOM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

User Tag List