Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy My problem with Toyota Vitz 2006

Hi guyz. i've got a problem here.

i have a 2006 toyota vitz, registered 2008 here in lahore.. It is an amazing car. i never had any problems whatsoever with her. but since this winter i am feeling some strange things to my car.

1. Longers self starts (no more half-selfs).
    2. It smells like smoke, but i dont see any (kacha dhuaa). Yet 2 times in the past 2 months i even saw smoke coming out of the cylencer when i rev'd it up a bit high.
    3. The engine sounds a bit strange (maybe it was winter and cold starts means a bit noisy engine). But still the engine sound is a bit on the bad side.
    4. The pick of the car is just darn SLOW. (if feels like a parachute has opened up in the back as soon as it touches the 60 km mark)
    5. Since the removal of catalytic converter the cylincer sounds annoyingly strange. It gets louder when i put my foot down the accelerator, yet the car doesnt seem quick enough. (catalytic converter removed by guys at toyota garden motors)
    6. I read here that many ppl can take the car upto 170-180 kmph mark, whereas i never (since day one) could take it over 150 mark.

The car is running on petrol since day one. Occasional mix with high-octane. CNG NOT INSTALLED. Always used genuine air filter to change, and oil filter changed with every oil change. Currently using ZIC A+ oil. I dont have any petrol mileage issues (never checked / dont need). The ODO says 60000 km mark. But its original readings as when i got the car 3 years ago it was at 45k mark. I only use this car to go to office and come back. Only one hand used. Tyres are 185/60/r15.

What is wrong with my car. I did change the ATF, removed the catalyst converter. After abt 6 months or so, i would clean the throttle body by removing it and cleaning it with NASA cleaner and a toothbrush . Sensors also cleaned acoordingly.

I AM WORRIED NOW. I have kept this car like a baby, took care of her, yet she seems not happy with me. What to do, or where to get it checked from.

what about kacha dhuaa. The oil wala says that i should do some quick oil changes 2-3 times so that the engine goes back to normal.

any treatment fluid for the engine? anything at all ??

Please advice me. I know the guru's @ pakwheels can give me a better solution.

My problem with Toyota Vitz 2006 -194865

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by addictivesundew View Post

i have a 2006 toyota vitz, registered 2008 here in lahore.. It is an amazing car. i never had any problems whatsoever with her. but since this winter i am feeling some strange things to my car.

2. It smells like smoke, but i dont see any (kacha dhuaa). Yet 2 times in the past 2 months i even saw smoke coming out of the cylencer when i rev'd it up a bit high.
    3. The engine sounds a bit strange (maybe it was winter and cold starts means a bit noisy engine). But still the engine sound is a bit on the bad side.
    4. The pick of the car is just darn SLOW. (if feels like a parachute has opened up in the back as soon as it touches the 60 km mark)
    5. Since the removal of catalytic converter the cylincer sounds annoyingly strange. It gets louder when i put my foot down the accelerator, yet the car doesnt seem quick enough. (catalytic converter removed by guys at toyota garden motors)
    6. I read here that many ppl can take the car upto 170-180 kmph mark, whereas i never (since day one) could take it over 150 mark.

The car is running on petrol since day one. Occasional mix with high-octane. CNG NOT INSTALLED. Always used genuine air filter to change, and oil filter changed with every oil change. Currently using ZIC A+ oil. I dont have any petrol mileage issues (never checked / dont need). The ODO says 60000 km mark. But its original readings as when i got the car 3 years ago it was at 45k mark. I only use this car to go to office and come back. Only one hand used. Tyres are 185/60/r15.

What is wrong with my car. I did change the ATF, removed the catalyst converter. After abt 6 months or so, i would clean the throttle body by removing it and cleaning it with NASA cleaner and a toothbrush . Sensors also cleaned acoordingly.

I AM WORRIED NOW. I have kept this car like a baby, took care of her, yet she seems not happy with me. What to do, or where to get it checked from.

what about kacha dhuaa. The oil wala says that i should do some quick oil changes 2-3 times so that the engine goes back to normal.

My problem with Toyota Vitz 2006 - 194865
    You should have asked these questions here:

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whee...tz-owners-club

Anyways, since you've made a thread already. I'll start asking you the first question, is your Vitz a 1.0L 1KR-FE or a 1.3L 2NZ-FE?
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitz 1.0L 1KR-FE.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Okay, here we go:

1. You need to change your Spark plugs asap, your plugs are either burnt or have totally worn-out.

2. Where does the smell of smoke come from? What color smoke is it throwing? White or Grey?

3. You've changed the Catalytic converter the sound is bound to change, because the job of the Catalytic converter is too minimize the toxic emissions from the engine as much as possible but once you remove it your engines sound will change because of the high amount of toxic emissions that are being thrown-out through the exhaust pipe which is leading to your engine making a different type of sound as it wasn't before.

4. Changing your Spark plugs will change that, have you never gotten your MAP sensor cleaned? Get that done aswell, and you will see the significant difference.

5. Read answer #3 again.

6. Your MAP sensor needs cleaning, too much carbon deposit and bad fuel really can mess up modern engines really quickly, get your rubber valve seal cleaned with a Air sensor cleaner aswell (It's the one that goes over your Throttle body, it's located inside the Air box).

You will also need to get your Fuel filter replaced aswell, do you flush out the old engine oil before adding the new one? Your suppose to do that every time you change your engine oil. When you cleaned the Throttle body, did you completely remove the Throttle body off of it's base to clean it or did you just spray the Air sensor cleaner on top of the opened valve?

What type of ATF did you use? What ''other'' sensors did you clean after cleaning the Throttle body?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro change ur plugs. pls remember original plug are expensive and are non-service. that means u dont need to take them out and clean them. if u do clean them with that steel brush the tip finishes so they are useless. these are idium plugs and have a very small tip. they are not like normal plugs.

secondly use an original oil filter bro. make sure ur getting an original filter wherever u do get it from. dnt rely on the mechanic if u can blindly trust him.

thirdly put an injector cleaner in ur car. not the 150rs walay frm the pumps. put the original injector cleaner. it costs around 1400 - 1600 i guess so.

taking out the catalyst converter was not a good idea...

i hope u enjoy ur car... : ))

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the atf for ur vitz is genuine T-4, i guess. pls check ur book.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abdullahh View Post
    bro change ur plugs. pls remember original plug are expensive and are non-service. that means u dont need to take them out and clean them. if u do clean them with that steel brush the tip finishes so they are useless. these are idium plugs and have a very small tip. they are not like normal plugs.

secondly use an original oil filter bro. make sure ur getting an original filter wherever u do get it from. dnt rely on the mechanic if u can blindly trust him.

thirdly put an injector cleaner in ur car. not the 150rs walay frm the pumps. put the original injector cleaner. it costs around 1400 - 1600 i guess so.

taking out the catalyst converter was not a good idea...

i hope u enjoy ur car... : ))
    Huh? Injector cleaners are used for cleaning your Fuel Injectors NOT your air sensor parts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the atf for ur vitz is genuine T-4, i guess. pls check ur book.
    No, it's not. First of all the A140 does not use ATF is uses CVT fluid. The 1KR-FE has the A140 transmission which is CVT. CVT and normal conventional ATF is different. The correct CVT fluid for the A140 (The 1KR-FE's transmission) is Genuine Toyota CVT Fluid TC.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

murtaza bhai the bros car is not going over 60 easily so it needs fuel injector cleaners as well, i guess.

anyways, no offence
    stay happy : ))

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

murtaza bhai the bros car is not going over 60 easily so it needs fuel injector cleaners as well, i guess.

anyways, no offence
    stay happy : ))
    I know that, but you should have wrote Fuel Injector cleaner. Isn't of just ''Injector cleaner''.

fso
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the im also facing the smoke issue aswell bu the guy in the toyota say that i dont need tuning also i cleaned the throtle body with a carburator cleaner yesterday and some how the rpm increased for like an hour or so but this eveing it was back to its usal self ...i think u should use stp oil treatment i used it last week and some how my petrol avg is better now im geting around about 45 miles per gallon which i think is normal ...
    r3act

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    well the im also facing the smoke issue aswell bu the guy in the toyota say that i dont need tuning also i cleaned the throtle body with a carburator cleaner yesterday and some how the rpm increased for like an hour or so but this eveing it was back to its usal self ...i think u should use stp oil treatment i used it last week and some how my petrol avg is better now im geting around about 45 miles per gallon which i think is normal ...
    These engines don't need ''tuning'' my friend.

fso
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm well im a new owner so i really dont know about vitz that much since u have this car what should i do i mean i do smell kacha doha and black smoke dose come some times but also water i used carburator cleaner but the smoke didnt stop ...and do u think im geting good avg o petrol ..
    r3act

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fso View Post
    hmm well im a new owner so i really dont know about vitz that much since u have this car what should i do i mean i do smell kacha doha and black smoke dose come some times but also water i used carburator cleaner but the smoke didnt stop ...and do u think im geting good avg o petrol ..
    I don't own a Vitz FYI. On how many kilometers do you get your engine oil and filter changed? Black smoke means that your fuel is running rich but it's not burning completely as it is suppose to. A bad fuel average is also a complain when black smoke is coming out of a vehicles exhaust pipe.

But don't worry, it's not something to panic about. Get your fuel filter, Spark plugs, Air filter replaced with OEM ones. While at it, get your MAP sensor cleaned aswell, after getting these things done I doubt your car will throw black smoke or give a bad fuel average.

Note: Try to use as much Hi-Octane as possible, the 1KR-FE starts to knock if it's supplied with bad fuel.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    Okay, here we go:

1. You need to change your Spark plugs asap, your plugs are either burnt or have totally worn-out.

2. Where does the smell of smoke come from? What color smoke is it throwing? White or Grey?

3. You've changed the Catalytic converter the sound is bound to change, because the job of the Catalytic converter is too minimize the toxic emissions from the engine as much as possible but once you remove it your engines sound will change because of the high amount of toxic emissions that are being thrown-out through the exhaust pipe which is leading to your engine making a different type of sound as it wasn't before.

4. Changing your Spark plugs will change that, have you never gotten your MAP sensor cleaned? Get that done aswell, and you will see the significant difference.

5. Read answer #3 again.

6. Your MAP sensor needs cleaning, too much carbon deposit and bad fuel really can mess up modern engines really quickly, get your rubber valve seal cleaned with a Air sensor cleaner aswell (It's the one that goes over your Throttle body, it's located inside the Air box).

You will also need to get your Fuel filter replaced aswell, do you flush out the old engine oil before adding the new one? Your suppose to do that every time you change your engine oil. When you cleaned the Throttle body, did you completely remove the Throttle body off of it's base to clean it or did you just spray the Air sensor cleaner on top of the opened valve?

What type of ATF did you use? What ''other'' sensors did you clean after cleaning the Throttle body?

Thanx for the reply Murtaza.
    1. One thing i like to state here is that i still have the original plugs in my car. There r no knocking issues and the car runs free of any sort of vibrations or jerks but i'll still go and get my plugs checked. (the guy at toyota garden motors checked them 2 years ago and said they were some special plugs which come also in markX. they dont need tobe replaced so soon as at that time they seemd to be in preety good condition).

2. Definately the smoke is coming from the cylincer. I dont remember the color of the smoke (NOT BLACK) but it was there. Some days ago I was at a cylincer wala's shop asking him to check why there is that cylincer is making such stupid annoying sounds. He checked the cylincer and other things and said everything is in perfect condition, and i need not to go to any other cylincer wala who might suggest a replacement. That's where i saw the smoke coming from the car, but he also said it was nothing to be afraid of, just check the plugs and get the car tunned.

3. I want to ask one thing. The catalytic converter is removed to help us get better pick/milage to coupe with pakistani conditions. But, to my opinion it is just STUPID to remove the converter. Now the car sounds just BAD. I have read somewhere that along with the cat removal the centeral dholki must also be treated. it is SO...?

4. About a year ago, (the last time i cleaned the throttle body) i cleaned the MAP sensor aswell. (its the sensor just behind the throttle body, right?) I dont know of any other sensor that i should also clean wagera.. If there is, please recommend.

5. I dont understand .."RUBBER VALVE SEAL". Can u show me a pic or something?? ANYONE ???

6. FUEL FILTER is not changed since i bought the car. I will get it checked. Can i do it myself? is there a DIY ??

7. ATF was changed by TOYOTA GARDEN MOTORS. It was supposed to be some sort of genuine quality product. I dont remember the details..

YEAH.. I JUST TAKE OUT THE THROTTLE BODY AND CLEAN IT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some more info on Fuel injector cleaning please.. ? Is it something like taking out the injectors themselves and cleaning them or just put some cleaner inside the car engine for cleaning.. ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Thanx for the reply Murtaza.
    1. One thing i like to state here is that i still have the original plugs in my car. There r no knocking issues and the car runs free of any sort of vibrations or jerks but i'll still go and get my plugs checked. (the guy at toyota garden motors checked them 2 years ago and said they were some special plugs which come also in markX. they dont need tobe replaced so soon as at that time they seemd to be in preety good condition).

2. Definately the smoke is coming from the cylincer. I dont remember the color of the smoke (NOT BLACK) but it was there. Some days ago I was at a cylincer wala's shop asking him to check why there is that cylincer is making such stupid annoying sounds. He checked the cylincer and other things and said everything is in perfect condition, and i need not to go to any other cylincer wala who might suggest a replacement. That's where i saw the smoke coming from the car, but he also said it was nothing to be afraid of, just check the plugs and get the car tunned.

3. I want to ask one thing. The catalytic converter is removed to help us get better pick/milage to coupe with pakistani conditions. But, to my opinion it is just STUPID to remove the converter. Now the car sounds just BAD. I have read somewhere that along with the cat removal the centeral dholki must also be treated. it is SO...?

4. About a year ago, (the last time i cleaned the throttle body) i cleaned the MAP sensor aswell. (its the sensor just behind the throttle body, right?) I dont know of any other sensor that i should also clean wagera.. If there is, please recommend.

5. I dont understand .."RUBBER VALVE SEAL". Can u show me a pic or something?? ANYONE ???

6. FUEL FILTER is not changed since i bought the car. I will get it checked. Can i do it myself? is there a DIY ??

7. ATF was changed by TOYOTA GARDEN MOTORS. It was supposed to be some sort of genuine quality product. I dont remember the details..

YEAH.. I JUST TAKE OUT THE THROTTLE BODY AND CLEAN IT.
    1. Two years is a long time, get your spark plugs checked again. The spark plugs in the 1KR-FE are Denso SK20HR11 Iridium. Your plugs are either burnt or badly worn-out, that is the reason why your car is taking a longer time to start.

2. The ''silence wala'' said to get the car ''tuned''? This isn't your 1980's carburator engine, this engine does not need tuning at all. ''Tuning'' is for cars which have carburator and engines without a ECU. The job of the ECU is to tune/adjust each and everything of the engine by itself with no additional help required.

3. Treated as in what?

4. The MAP sensor is not located behind the throttle body, it's located under the air filter assembly.

5. I don't have a picture of it, it's a rubber valve which goes over the throttle body when you put the air box back on.

6. Get it changed, you won't be able to do that yourself. It's located inside the petrol tank which has certain plastic fittings and locks which can easily break if not worked with properly.

7. Why did you put ATF inside a CVT gearbox?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude ... i said, i dont know what type, or which ATF i used..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maaan ... MURTAZA BHAI ...

Is there any thing to do with the center dholki also to make a sound a litlle less. i read somewhere on PW that some ppl also changed/did something to the center dholki alongwith the removal of the CAT.

WHAT Is that sensor located behind the throttle body.. ??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

use injector cleaner. it unclogs injectors and increases ron of the fuel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List