Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A new car to be designed for Pakistan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A new car to be designed for Pakistan!

Hello Everyone,

We are a team of automotive engineers, out of Pakistan, and we are thinking of designing a passenger car to be produced in Pakistan.

What kind of car has the best market in Pakistan? What do most of buyer deman when they wanna buy a new car? What size and capacity should it be?

Are there any people in Pakistan or abroad interesting to join us? We need support in following areas:

1. A 3 view sketching of the car to be produced for starting CAD modelling. All ideas are welcome!

2. CAD engineers to model using CATIA V4 or V5.

3. Experienced engineers in suspensions, with a sound background of vehicle dynamics and use of MBS tools. If not found, we can provide basic training too.

4. Manufacturing process engineers and tools designers for molding, forming etc.

5. Simulations engineers having experience in FEA using NASTRAN, ABAQUS, HYPERMESH, LSDYNA, FALANCS, and PAM CRASH. PAM SAFE experience is urgently needed for NCAP testing.

But first, do we need a new car design in Pakistan, if yes, how should it be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking more along the lines of using an existing platform i.e tata indica and then designing your own styling, i.e as smart four four...
    good luck in which approach u take and may allah grant u success..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear entwicklung were are you participating in this forum from . what is your age and what is the history behind your endeavuor to build a car for the PAKISTANI market . is this just a hoo haa joke or are you really interested in doing what you claim to be wanting to do. i for the time being am more inerested to know about you , than in giving you advice or information . you can either reply in this forum or ask for my e-mail address
    KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

entwicklung...mom and pops ain't gonna drive down main street in Smart Forfour!!.They're the ones that should be your target customers...check out www.dcdesign.co.in..Now here's a guy who's beat the odds and is now selling specialty vehicles in Europe and the Middle east!!.All auto companies/car magazines even in India hold design competitions to gauge consuymer preferences and trends.Contact dc designs.They can help you.

DC GO the latest from the DC Design stable...

A new car to be designed for Pakistan! -620980

Company name: Dilip Chhabria Design (Automotive) Pvt. Ltd
    Address: Keytuo Industrial Compound, Kondivita Village Road, MIDC, Andheri (E), Mumbai 400 059
    Tel: +91-22-835-2522
    Fax: +91-22-821-7392
    E-mail: sales@dcdesign.co.in
    URL: www.dcdesign.co.in
    Nickatnite
    New York and Chennai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello nicknite,

thank you really much for that all useful information you gave. I 'll just go ahead with checking that all up. Please stay tuned, I will get back to you in 24 hours!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello autobanda,

please let me have the oppurtunity to have your email address.

For now, I am an automotive engineer working for well known OEM in west having an experience of 7 years. My team members are like me, just working for other OEMs.

I get mad when I see those cars on Pakistani roads with so high prices, and I think we can make better product and earn some money too.

I will write you details if you let me have your email and your contact number, if any!

Best regards and thanks for your attention.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

assalamoelekum,
    the smart for four is a very good design, indeed. its smart and good looking. what you should have in mind that Paki people want smaller cars with the most power and economy like the 800cc chevrolet it has 51BHP and it is also economical..
    Honda City 99 1.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My e-mail address is autobanda@inbox.com .
    KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

in my openion try to improve mehran in an estate car version with all accessories.
    MADE IN WAZIRABAD.............................RUNNING IN FAISALABAD..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wassalam nightsurfer, I think engine we can buy from other OEM like VW, RENAULT, or ALFA ROMEO etc. 40 to 60 ps engine will be fine. Do you know any sketcher to make some sketches of a modified shape of smart forfour?

Let me make it clear, design is something else and sketch is something else. Design will be a touch job especially in body of car as the steel available in Pakistan has very low tensile strength, or is very expensive otherwise.

Thanks for your suggestions, please keep in touch, I will need a lot help here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi basic,

I have a news for you. REVO of Adam Motor is actually modified Mehran.

Mehran has a lot of faults in design

- It has so straight front panels. In case of crash there is no energy absorption and the impact goes direct to passengers, say side panel would just be pressed against.

- The architecture of the body is very very old! The front area is just ... CRAP. Try pulling a car with MEHRAN, you will have a plastic deformation in body which is fatal.

- Why to use seat belts in MEHRAN? Do you think in accident MEHRAN's seat belt anchorage holds itself? I am afraid not. With a thickness of pillars like 1.2 or so with SPC sheets, you better not use seat belts.

Ah!! I can write a book on faults in design of pakistani cars. Let me make a design of my own and you will see what I mean. I will publish my design reports online, I promise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

assalamoelekoem.
    there's onething that can be worked on. hatchback like mehrans,altos,santros have a big problem if CNG is installed in them the cylinder occupies almost all the trunk space and when a car is using CNG its petrol tank is almost unused.. can this be done that a cylinder is designed in such a way that the cylinder is hidden somewhere between the chasis and the body.. like the petrol tank.
    Honda City 99 1.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of the cars on sale pk r death traps, plain and simple, safety wot the hell is that??? seatbelts???never heard of them, come to think of it, most of the drivers don't have a real clue about road awareness or discipline, why??? because nothing of the sort exists!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@entwicklung i will try my best to make a PAKISTANI car.. which type of car do you want me to draw . SEDAN , HATCHBACK, SUV, PICK UP
    It's been a long journey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all Happy Ramadan.

I am really excited at this, new idea for a new car in Pakistan.

There are a lot of ways around it to find out the best that we can do for designing a new car for Pakistani people. It does not have to be conventional car like Suzuki’s or Suv like Toyota Hilux. In fact if there is a budget and if there is a time to design some thing new then let it be completely new, or some thing all together NEW. Like a cross between car and SUV, some thing high enough for the road conditions and comfort of a conventional car. Some thing totally new.

Like even a latest design with latest gadgets. Of course more the gadgets more the price. But not like Suzuki Cultus, which is a reject of 1990 Suzuki swift or a older model version of GEO-METRO- US made car. These designs were stopped to be in production long time ago, but for Pakistanis here we assume just a car to be registered in the new Year’s model is a great thing, even though that might be a exact duplicate of something that was produced 10-12 years ago. For a car to be new model every other year or so it should be changed physically (outside design- like lights, rims, bumper guards things like than, and every 4- 5 years the car should be altogether a new shape) only then we will now the difference between new and old. I saw a 2001 Cultus other day it looked better maintained and clean than a the one for 2005 as this guy had it really dirty, both of them side by side I could not tell what the major difference was for model that was 5 years older, than except may be the few shades of faded paint .

I have raw skeleton design sketches , those need a look at and serious people( designers) can sit together and work on the car). No matter what we design as a nation it need to have a export quality international standards those should be given to Pakistani people as well. If we keep getting the models Like CULTUS, 10 or so years older with no new modifications. then even though we get a 2010-year model Car , we will simply be stuck in the year the car was produced say 15-20 years back. So we need to be creative and design a car that’s not just watchful road conditions but also economic factors( of course upgrades available at luxury prices) like Mercedes, which has a range of quality cars ranging from 20K up 200K.

Hope fully we can accomplish this dream , but I pray that people involved are true to their dreams and Quality to compete in this market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A new car to be designed for Pakistan! -620996

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to draw / sketch cars. this took me about 45 minutes to make on a simple paint brush. I know i am not at all goodin this but there is a talent in PAKISTAN that needs to be explored. Th enew fresh creative talent. Talent alone does not help now adays one has to be creative to think and do smart to compete and be the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are quiet welcome entwicklung brother for appreciating my input.

I just saw the Smart ForFour and extremely pleased at what I saw. For other Pakwheelers, I am uploading the pictures. This car is RIGHT ON THE MONEY.

If you just bring Smart ForFour to Pakistan as it is, it will sell like hot cake. But as you said, you want to design a car in Pakistan and your work is NOBLE.

Like any startup Automaker, they use a base car, which they copy, everyone does it. Why reinvent the wheel. So, you already have a great European Car, Smart ForFour, to be used as a base, both for design, power, safety and other features.

Keeping in mind, that, Japanese have all the latest technology, but it saddens all the Pakistanis to see what kind of junk they are selling us at exhorbitant prices. Even, Corollas and Civics, as nice as they are, are being sold at TWICE their International Market Value. Can you believe this non sense. A Corolla like 2.0D in US sells for $12, 000. Which is about Rs. 7lakh, and it is fully loaded, automatic. In Pakistan they sell you Manual transmission basic car, for 12lakh, which is about $20,000. That is pure non sense.

You have a perfect car, Smart ForFour, and use its chasis, Body, and exterior style in mind. People in Pakitan love the hatchbacks.

Infact, most selling cars, due to affordable price are the Hatchbacks. Out of roughly 150,000 cars sold last year, almost 2/3 or almost 100,000 of them were hatchbacks.

Your idea about Price is also right. I will just add that please introduce not just ONE, fully loaded model, but have some variations of it. Meaning, have a basic, just plain, No Airbags, No seatbelts, No A/C, No CNG, No Powerwindows, just 800CC engine, just plain basic shell, starting as Low as possible at the low end around Rs. 250,000 inclusive of taxes, and Move up the range all the way upto Rs. 500,000 with All the fancy things for those that can afford, with A/C, more powerful engine (same brand as basic one, ofcourse, i.e. whether VW 1000CC, etc. but more powerful), Airbags, Seatbelts, Powerwindows, CD player, etc.

Are you interested in making the Engine in Pakistan One Day. As almost all the cars that are almost Pakistani, like Mehran and Revo, have foreign engine and transmission. It will nice to have a 100% Pakistani car with everything sourced from or made in Pakistan by the manufacturer.

If you are interested in Sedan version, Suzuki Baleno, or even Suzuki Margalla (Swift), are also quiet attractive, with few changes with starting price of Rs. 500,000.

He are the pictures of Smart ForFour.

A new car to be designed for Pakistan! -621008

A new car to be designed for Pakistan! -621009

A new car to be designed for Pakistan! -621010

A new car to be designed for Pakistan! -621011

A new car to be designed for Pakistan! -621012
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

I got Turbo fingers... Anyone wants to race me in typing....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, Margalla and Now Baleno are extinct, but people loved them for being relatively cheaper, Margalla I think Rs. 500,000 New, and Baleno Rs. 700,000 New, don't know the exact price. But if, you can bring a Sedan, these cars will be very good to look at as base.

Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, or Indians, all have copied designs, at some stage, so, do not hesitate to COPY a Nice design, not 100% ofcourse, but intelligent copy, taking a hint about what sells in Pakistan designwise. People love that Corolla 2.D for its looks and are willing to pay twice its value, mostly for its looks and also for its reliability.

So, looks are important, as long as you are copying a popular look. Reliability, customer service, parts availability, are also high on the list, as Most Pakistanis keep the car for a long time, after the buy a brand new car. Even with introduction of auto financing, many people finance the cars to own them for a long time after financing payments are paid off.
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question.

Can you consider working in CONJUNCTION with Adam Motor Company, as they have the same goal, of bringing an affordable, reliable Pakistan Made car to Pakistanis in place of that horrible Mehran which people are forced to buy, as it is the only option and its sadly most selling car, as most people only have the budget of Rs. 300,000 to Rs. 400,000 in that segment.

BTW, I am in US, not affiliated with any Pakistani Automaker or assembler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nightsurfer: thanks for suggestions about CNG, I almost forgot it. Well I never know about CNG kit but don't you think it'll be hard to hide cylinder as if it has to be filled and replace too? Am I right? Whats the best place then in your mind to hide it?

jumbojet and sid786: thanks for your sketh. i was looking for someone like you people here. can you please sketch a passenger vehicle with a size of mehran, revo or alto? you can take smart pictures as basis and please makte it simplet than smart. Color scheme can be different too. I'll need 3 view sketches to import in my CAD software.

datzburier: thanks for your time and comments. SEDAN is a good idea, but it may be expendive as first project. What if it fails and then we have bigger money to lose. But I got those nice ideas of you still.

WeI'll consider of course working with AMC if they have same goal too. But our policies might be strict on quality of production and will they agree on them?

Everyone: I am so happy to have your support, I am honoured. As sid786 mentioned geo metro, would you people comment on geo metro? Pics are here. Would some car like this work? This can be the cheapest design of course.

A new car to be designed for Pakistan! -621013

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List