Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Family Trip To Naran Kaghan

Dear members,

i am new to this site and have been going through the roads and vacations thread now for very long. i must appreciate, these are awesome threads, and i would like to congratulate the team of pakwheels.com that they have kept them so clean and upto the point.

ok coming to the point, i am a new adventure seeker..and this is going to be my 2nd naran kaghan trip , the days i have been planning to go are the end of july from 27 -29.. now i want some information..

as i am going with my family,

1) is it suitable to rent an APV from lahore and keep it with us tilll the tour ends?if it is i have been searching, and calling lots of rent a cars , they are telling me the cost would be 25000-28000 for the whole trip..or we should first go to mansehra or abbottabad? from where i could go on to renting local vans or carry dabbas...are these cars easily available?or not....

2) is the road condition to naran good?cuz if i hire an APV...and if it landslides, my car will stop and i will have to stop with it....weather conditions ?

3) four days tour with family, tell me besides, lalazar, saifulmalook, siri paya.. what places should i pursue?

4) i am aware of the PTDC buses that started its commission from this year only to naran, are these easy to book in advance?can any body tell me the contact # for PTDC advance booking of the buses in mansehra or abbottabad?

5) i want to book a room in PTDC or STC motel in naran , so it will be helpful if anyone could give me the phone no of these motels?and their rates per night also!!!!besides these what are the best hotels for family of four to stay...

6) i will probably stay for one nite @shogran too...whats the rate of pine park hotel day per night? and if anybody could tell me other hotel night stays also....

7) needs suggestions cuz i am confused, should i hire an apv or will be able to find the jeep to naran easily???moreover, i will be travelling with my mom, and she is a back patient too.. what will suit me best?she can sustain some tours of 2-3hrs, but not the 7-8 hr ones....

KINDLY, please answer my queries asap...cuz the time is approaching fast and i will be looking forward for your positive responses.. as you have been giving in other threads ,

Thanks & Regards,
    Talal

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Moreover, for future concerns...i own HONDA CITY 2005 VARIO automatic and on petrol, tyres are latest GTS champiro 185 70 13, but i am concerned about the auto thing, will it be able to go uptil naran or not? hope u understood

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by talalarif2003 View Post
    Moreover, for future concerns...i own HONDA CITY 2005 VARIO automatic and on petrol, tyres are latest GTS champiro 185 70 13, but i am concerned about the auto thing, will it be able to go uptil naran or not? hope u understood
    It will be good for all of you to go on your Honda City. You can go to Naran easily rather hiring a APV. Quite expensive to hire any car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If u got your own car even mehran can travel easily to Naran even to Jalkhad (60km beyond kaghan).fficeffice" />
    Last CNG is at Mansehra and Petrol is available all the way. Its better to fill it up from Balakot.
    About Naran Bus
    Operational Days: Daily
    Fare: Rs. 1,000/- per person (one-side)
    Travelling Time: 08 hours
    Departure from Flashman's Hotel Rawalpindi: 090 AM
    Departure from PTDC Motel Naran : 090 AM

Flashman’s Hotel, Room No.23 & 24, The Mall, Rawalpindi. Tel: +92-51-9272017-8 Fax: +92-51-9272020 E-mail: paktourslimited@gmail.com.
    I have seen a banner of Lahore to Kaghan Bus in the band road Lahore.
    I don’t think you may book booth hotels at this time because They are booked till Ramadan. You have to search by yourself. Naran is like Murree now a days.
    I have plan to go kaghan next Friday with family.
    You may contact me at 0333-4669823

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well thanks for the replies, the thing is my brother who will drive the car, is an expert lahori traffic driver, but he has gone as far as faisalabad on the car, and he is not even been to murree on this car, the roads to naran, would be completely new for him, and he also dont know the way....so is it suggestible after all these circumstances, that we could still go on our own car!

still need answer on this one,
    1) weather and landslide condition..???

2) needs suggestions cuz i am confused, should i hire an apv or will be able to find the jeep to naran easily???moreover, i will be travelling with my mom, and she is a back patient too.. what will suit me best?she can sustain some tours of 2-3hrs, but not the 7-8 hr ones....apv can be comfortable for her...apv charging 4000 rps /day..sums to about 30k>><><><><<

moreover, ptdc bus seats are easily available or not? anyone traveled in those, are those comfortable enough

thanks again....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are hesitant of driving mountains so you must hire APV or Car.fficeffice" />
    All the view point near Naran(Sal ul maluk, Lalazar, Lulusar lake etc) and Shogran(Sri Pye) are approachable by the jeep 4x4 and approach road is extremely bumpy.
    The weather is unpredictable in the kaghan valley, land sliding may occurs but FWO open the road in 1-2 hours.
    Road till naran and Jalkhad is 80 feed vide comfortable.
    All the view point near Naran(Sal ul maluk, Lalazar, Lulusar lake etc) and Shogran(Sri Pye) are approachable by the jeep and approach road is extremely bumpy.
    What ever the trouble the kaghan valley is one of most beautiful place to visit.

Family Trip To Naran Kaghan -271182

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Hanoda can easily go There as we Visited kaghan valley till Lulusar lake on Honda City and corolla Gli 3 Days ago
    Never Go for an APV, we hired one for our last year trip and it cost us 26000

second, Pine park walay asking for 6000/per night for a normal double bed
    we hired a Double bed room close to pine park for 2200 per Night and that was too Good

There is a big landslide before naran near Paras but road is open
    second we saw a lil slide on the way to Jalkhad but that was just a stone/rock so no problem

Mountains weather is always unpreditcable
    we stayed Shogran for two days that was full of clouds and it was rain on both eves

if ur mother is patient then dont go for PTDC Bus take ur own car
    and u can take a stop for Coffee Tea snacks at several place
    like we stop aftar every 1.5 hrs drive at Jelam Pindi Hasan Abdal Abbotabad Mansehra Balakot kewai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May ALLAH BLESS YOUR MOTHER WITH GOOD HEALTH

u Can visit ma thread for more Info
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/road...ily-13-17-july

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thanks alot brothers... and thanks bhai for ur wishes.....moreover, i didnt know earlier that this was such a great community, and people shared there memorable moments with all others...

if i had known i would have pasted my tour log of last year when we visited naran kaghan for the first time through our university and with my univ fellows., illegally....mind if i make a new thread and post the series of events of last year, also including an UNSUCCESSFUL attempt to get to the summit of AANSOO jhool,being face to face with MALIKA PARBAT through the most difficult trek of SAIFULMALLOOOK , and other pics also...

further, i will post this years pics and events if i will be able to go again INSHALLAH here only...so wait guys...cheers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

abbotabad se balakot or us say agay tak road a1 ha .kewai se thoda pehlay road thoda sa kharab ha or kewai se agay to road as usual ha he ,kahen thiq kahen khrab

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jangli_decent View Post
    May ALLAH BLESS YOUR MOTHER WITH GOOD HEALTH

u Can visit ma thread for more Info
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/road...ily-13-17-july
    Dear we r visiting kaghan this friday(ISA). Needs guideless. have a plan to go Sari Paye, Lulusar and Babusar. Afraid of rush there. what are room rent? Is there any hotel to stay(family) in Jalkhad? How much have to pay for Jalkhad -Lulusar and Babusar pass?fficeffice" />

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ok dolphin and others....i have a few questions again...

1) as u know , in automatic transmission I have S, L & D gears , and if i take my own car to naran kaghan, when to use S & when to use L gear, because here in lahore we obviously use D, kaunsa gear S ya L chadhai ke liye aur utrai ke liye kaunsa gear???or should i simply use the D gear, as i use in LAhore...

2) From which areas should we fill up the petrol in our car, cuz i am not aware of the petrolling stations, the one person who has taken his car on petrol over there can answer this question?what will be suitable for me for filling up my tank and which locations?

need some quick answers as 27th is approaching

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok dolphin and others....i have a few questions again...

1) as u know , in automatic transmission I have S, L & D gears , and if i take my own car to naran kaghan, when to use S & when to use L gear, because here in lahore we obviously use D, kaunsa gear S ya L chadhai ke liye aur utrai ke liye kaunsa gear???or should i simply use the D gear, as i use in LAhore...

2) From which areas should we fill up the petrol in our car, cuz i am not aware of the petrolling stations, the one person who has taken his car on petrol over there can answer this question?what will be suitable for me for filling up my tank and which locations?

need some quick answers as 27th is approaching
    Petrol is available all the way till naran , better to fill it up from abbotabad or balakot, CNG is available till Mansehra.
    I think D gear will be used all the way till jalkhad. From Kawaee to Shogran we have to use only 1st gear while getting up and down and dont use breaks while descending.
    its fun driving in mountain easier and relaxed than driving in Lahore.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what mean no breaks while descending, if we dont use it, it will be downhill from that point, no?i mean uncontrollable, we will have to use breaks??ain't it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

what mean no breaks while descending, if we dont use it, it will be downhill from that point, no?i mean uncontrollable, we will have to use breaks??ain't it
    Please check this link brother

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_...g#Applications
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

liked it, but has no detail for the automatic transmission...mean on what gears i should drive my car if e.g i take the car from kewai to shogran!...and that is one hell of a road
    , and for one second assuming that i am gonna take my car to naran , once i get back from naran to kiwai, if i am not able to go to shogran on my car, i will have to make a stop at kiwai and will have to leave the car there for almost two nights due to my tour plan, is it going to be safe for two days at kiwai?cuz i am gonna rent a hotel @ shogran must, i dont want to live on kiwai and just visit shogran in the morning!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

liked it, but has no detail for the automatic transmission...mean on what gears i should drive my car if e.g i take the car from kewai to shogran!...and that is one hell of a road
    , and for one second assuming that i am gonna take my car to naran , once i get back from naran to kiwai, if i am not able to go to shogran on my car, i will have to make a stop at kiwai and will have to leave the car there for almost two nights due to my tour plan, is it going to be safe for two days at kiwai?cuz i am gonna rent a hotel @ shogran must, i dont want to live on kiwai and just visit shogran in the morning!
    Here u go brother
    Read these articles complete
    CHANGING GEARS (Safe Drive Training)

Automatic transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some ppl drive while descending "keep pressing the clutch and use breaks for control" . this way the breaks get hot and may fail.fficeffice" />
    It is recommended to use 1st (same gear) gear while going up and down. Same is with getting Kiwaee to Shogran(8 Km) or from Abbotabad to Thandyani(13 km)
    Again going Kawae to Shogran is not a big deal.
    If in any case you are afraid of driving jeep drivers are available there(Kawaee and all the kaghan valley) they ready to give you driving services on payment happily.
    U may park your car at Paris for going to Sharan Valley, at Jalkhad for going to Lulusar lake and babusar pass.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yes ,thanks alot dolphin, by the way whats ur name?and now that i have decided to go by car, the last problem is the road maps
    where to get them from?net or easily avalable from stationary and all!?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check this website
    Untitled Document

CityAlt.meterKmtime TakenTotal KmRoad
    Islamabad6100Hr.Min0Good
    Abbottabad1,2561162.3116Good