PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trip to naran in december. Help please

Guys, im planning a trip for the 29th of november. We'll leave karachi by train, and have planned to be in muzaffarabad by 1st of December.
    Now my real question; reports of snow have started coming in from naran and shogran, so what problems would I face if i am to go to naran from muzafarabad on 2-4 december? Or will I be able to go at ALL? We plan to stay at shogran for two nights and then naran two nights, nothing is final though.

So is it feasible to go to naran in the first week of december? Will it DEFINITELY be closed due to blockage etc or are there chances that we can get there?
    Help would be greatly appreciated

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@asifcae @multaniTraveller @Wanderlust
    You guys are infamous for your travelling experience

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And before you guys tell me naran is impossible in december due to cold, i know but its a laundas trip and we wont mind the intense cold and adventure, hence the wanting to go to naran in winter. But please do give you valuable suggestions as to how feasible it is

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShamiqSaeed View Post
    Guys, im planning a trip for the 29th of november. We'll leave karachi by train, and have planned to be in muzaffarabad by 1st of December.
    Now my real question; reports of snow have started coming in from naran and shogran, so what problems would I face if i am to go to naran from muzafarabad on 2-4 december? Or will I be able to go at ALL? We plan to stay at shogran for two nights and then naran two nights, nothing is final though.

So is it feasible to go to naran in the first week of december? Will it DEFINITELY be closed due to blockage etc or are there chances that we can get there?
    Help would be greatly appreciated
    ususally whts happens is that road is closed ahead of Kaghan due to snow.... now till mid-end november u mite reach naran but in december its quite difficult...now if u wana trek to naran ithats good...

one or two hotels are alsoi oppen in late season but this all depends on the snowfall .......
    LEGENDS OF THE NORTH

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So theres really no clear cut way to predict how bad or possible the situation will be. So we'll just go to muzafarabad and can see what the condition is, might just trek up till shogran if the N15 (google map calls the road through kaghan valley that) is impossible to cross on vehicle?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you please tell me where i can find contact numbers for hotels in shogran and naran? Pine park have a website, but what about the other more economical hotels

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Brother, no body can predict how it will be in the month of January. According to a recent research study, Pakistan is on top of the list of countries badly impacted by global climatic changes. There may be early or late snowfall.
    I was in Kaghan valley during first week of January last year. Public transport (toyota hiace) runs in the morning only a couple of times up to Kaghan. Even if you get a seat from Kaghan (back to balakot).... they will return back from no where if their van is not full.
    There were just two hotels open in Kaghan and one dhabba (to serve van drivers). As you said you are not concerned about cold...let me tell you that it was extreme cold there so you can judge what would be the temperature in naran. we could not sleep well in our sleeping bag and ruzzai.... and dhabba owner has to heat up his lpg cylinders on wood.
    There was snow every where after kaghan bazar. A couple of jeeps were happily ready to take us to naran next day but they were not sure if a single hotel will be open in naran. Therefore we cancelled our push for naran.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will roads from February be open for Naran and Kaghan or Neelam?
    Faheem Janjua
    Planning Engineer, ENI Group Italia

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List