Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the Malaysian GP Second Practice timings
    Malaysian GP Practice Session 2
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -56145
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ferrari of alonso and massa 1 and 2 seconds behind ...what happened??...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@m_waqas

Nothing really. It was a normal friday for at least one of their drivers. Both worked on race set up and collecting data. They had graining problems in the first session but the graining on Mclaren and Mercedes was even worse. Massa did struggle a little bit and needs to find more time in the car but both drivers ran heavy.

This is a tailor made Red Bull circuit, if winter testing is anything to go by. Mclaren should be relatively competitive here too after they went well at Barcelona in the last test.The high track temperature being the only variable. It's a track where the aerodynamics are more important than mechanical grip, which was not the case in the first two races. Ferrari should be there or there abouts come qualifying but they will clearly go better on high down force tracks, or on tracks that have a lot of stop start corners.

If Ferrari go well here, then it becomes pretty much a one team, one horse race for the title, given the reliability problems of Red Bull. Webber was side lined with either an engine or gear box problem half way through the second session and Vettel was on the radio asking the team to look into the hydraulics because he was having problems with power steering.

I shall now continue my never ending discussion with genius83
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@genius83

I think you missed my point, sir. I am not giving any one advantage - it can't be held against Red Bull or Ferrari, for making a fast car. All i was saying is that those two teams for the moment have an advantage and they can qualify pretty much on the front two rows with whatever is the harder of the two compounds available at any track. How can the FIA or FOTA disagree or object to that? If a team wants, it can try qualifying on inters or full wets on a dry track. There is no rule against that.

Your point, which has been branded about a lot in the last few weeks, one that James Allen first came up with is to bring two compounds to a race which are not one step apart but two steps apart, say like bring a soft compound tire and a hard, and no medium or bring for example medium and super soft. I can see that working if Bridgestone bring super softs and mediums to races. The super softs will be fast and go away in less than 10 laps and mediums might or might not last the whole race distance thus necessitating another pitstop. How does ONE extra pitstop make races so much more interesting I don't know.

Front runners will be front runners, no? Cars that are good this year are good for a number of reason and one being, they are gentle on their tires compared to others. How does that change anything? Cars will still be slow because of the fuel they have on-board at the start of a race. As the fuel goes down the cars might lap a little quicker but nothing close to the Red Bull and Ferrari, the two teams who seem to have a system that lowers the ride height. Red Bull's system being a lot more complicated and equally effective, while Ferrari's ride height is adjusted during the pitstops.

Bridgestone will not and should not agree. One race is all it took for Michelin's reputation to be destroyed, 2005 Indianapolis GP. They brought softer tires, miscalculated, and the fiasco it led to is fresh in everyones memory. Just out of curiosity, don't Bridgestone supply tires to all Ferrari production cars and the tires on the FXX are 19" slicks designed by Bridgestone? Is Bridgestone in F1, investing millions every year for this reason? To see their super softs not be good enough for even 10 laps. It does not make for good marketing and what if their is a serious accident, a fatal one, as a result of this policy. After all, it was on safety grounds that Michelin had to pull their cars out from the Indianapolis GP in 2005.

An all weather tires has been discussed for some time. It's another of those things that was tossed around for some time but that tire will have grooves. A slick tire can never be used on a wet track. There is no technology for that. Grooves are required to displace water and a slick tire cannot do that. On the other hand, wet weather tires can probably be made hard enough to with stand the demands of racing, inters that is. Don't know how full wets can go the distance without having to be changed if it starts raining hard at the end.

Lastly, talking of Martin Whitmasrh, Stefano Domenicali, Ross Brawn or Christian Horner. All of them want to win. Making the show interesting for the spectators is secondary for all of them. They will all say and try to do things that will help their teams and put others at a disadvantage. Look at their positions one by one.

Martin Whitmarsh
    Took over from Ron Dennis, who made the team what it is today. One drivers title since he took over. Made a dog of a car last season, spent millions developing it and have started this year not where they expected to be. What will be his priority, winning for his team or making the show better for us? I am thinking, winning.

Stefano Domenicali
    Took over from Brawn, after what was a golden era for the team. One driver's title in debatable circumstances and helped by Mclaren who threw it away. Paid Raikkonen millions to leave the team, paid Alonso an equally large amount to come to Ferrari, not to make the show good for us but to win at all costs for Ferrari.

Ross Brawn
    Did a great job over seeing Honda make the car they made. It was all Honda's money, unlimited resources, four wind tunnels working 24/7 for a year. It's said to be the most expensive F1 car ever built. They sold it to Brawn, who got most of the credit for being a magician and won both titles. Mercedes, return to F1 after 50 years as a works team, buy Brawn, bring back Schumacher, not to make the show good for us but to win.

Christian Horner
    One of the youngest team principals. Should have won both titles last year but the team kept making mistakes. Has the fastest car this year but no win to show for it.
    Dietrich Mateschitz has made it clear- they have to win this year and nothing short of the title would do. Hardly a team that would be interested in making the show good. Would rather win first.

The never ending discussion carries on

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trulli: Lotus ready to aim forwards
    Jarno Trulli thinks Lotus is already in a position to shift its focus to closing down the gap to current outfits - after claiming that his new team is in a different league compared to the other Formula 1 rookie squads.

Schumacher loving challenge of return
    Michael Schumacher thinks he has finally shaken off the rust after his three-year absence from Formula 1 - and says he is loving the challenge of pushing Mercedes GP up the grid.

Vettel: RBR needs more pace at Sepang
    Sebastian Vettel believes Red Bull might not have the same speed advantage over its rivals in Malaysia that it showed in Bahrain and Australia.

Button not happy with McLaren set-up
    Jenson Button says he has had to toil with his McLaren around the Sepang circuit throughout the first day of practice and is yet to get the car to his liking.

Hamilton: McLaren has gained ground
    Lewis Hamilton is confident that McLaren is in better shape at Sepang than it has been so far this season - but is not sure if it has gained enough on Red Bull and Ferrari.

Hispania thrilled with perfect reliability
    Hispania was celebrating after Sepang practice, having managed a totally trouble-free day for the first time in its short history.

Mirrors ban delayed until Spanish GP
    A ban on sidepod mounted mirrors has been delayed until the Spanish Grand Prix, AUTOSPORT has learned, after teams complained to the FIA that there was not enough time to make modifications to their cars in time for the next race.

F1 warned against tyre rules revamp
    Formula 1 needs to think carefully about introducing a major revamp of the sport's tyre regulations next year, amid speculation that Michelin could return to grand prix racing with totally different rubber.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a good article throwing light on How RedBull is adjusting their ride height during Qualifying and Race.

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/402/
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@UncleKraker
    wow...for the first time i was able to read that long a post of yours completely ...
    some good points u made there...

as far as improving the show is concerned i think u r right that (mandatory) pitstops can't improve show instead it will make races more predictable....

and u r also right that no one in the team is concerned about making races more exciting..no one...they just wanna win...if they're investing so much in the sport (which is actually a business for them) then why would they want to lose just because it makes things interesting....in fact we've heard drivers say that they would prefer quiet and 'boring' races if they're leading...

one way, among many others, to improve the race would be to give some advantage to the back-markers...any kind of advantage that can be agreed upon by all...or if u can't consider them as equal (as ferrari have demonstrated) then create a new category, divided by minimum threshold requirements, where all category 2 cars fighting for maximum points and category1 fighting for their max points...at least it will give category 2 cars some reason to race other than just finishing and not scoring even a single pt during whole season....

somethings can be learnt from other series of races like FIA-GT... where they have two categories GT1 (including Maseratti, Corvette) and GT2 (Ferrari, Porsche, Ford) all fighting in their respective categories and it makes FIA-GT pretty interesting to watch...i really like it...

thats my little input in helping to improve the show...

i also think that ferrari and red bull's dominance will fade as the season progresses with emergence of mclaren and merc...but i hope ferrari would've done enough damage to rivals by that time...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm..interesting......always thought that side-mirrors weren't very useful most of the time...we've seen many accidents where front driver couldn't see behind due to shaking and small size of the mirror...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@UK
    Your point, which has been branded about a lot in the last few weeks, one that James Allen first came up with is to bring two compounds to a race which are not one step apart but two steps apart, say like bring a soft compound tire and a hard, and no medium or bring for example medium and super soft. I can see that working if Bridgestone bring super softs and mediums to races. The super softs will be fast and go away in less than 10 laps and mediums might or might not last the whole race distance thus necessitating another pitstop. How does ONE extra pitstop make races so much more interesting I don't know.
    You have really not understand what Allen was asking, here is the tyre allocation by Bridgestone from Malaysia to Turkey.
    Malaysia Softs and Hards
    China Softs and Hards
    Spain Softs and Hards
    Monaco Supersofts and Mediums
    Turkey Softs and Hards

Allen, is clearly asking to bring Supersofts and Hards instead of bringing Softs and Mediums. Even if a supersoft wornout in 10 laps its not a problem for any team as it is a known thing. The interesting part is how a driver manages them to last more then 10 laps also when a driver comes out with harder tyres, those tyres need sometime to get upto the required temperature which means that driver may be slow for 2-3 laps and overtaking him is possible in that time frame.

Certainly this is only artificial way of generating excitement but it could work.

Second suggestion that James wrote was to drop the use of both compounds during the race rule, which I think is a good suggestion as this will allow drivers to work freely during the race, lets say Button starts with a Medium compound while Alonso and Vettel starts with Softs now it is a known thing that Alonso and Vettel needs one tyre stop because of Softs wearing out faster but the question is will they take a gamble of going for 2 or 3 stops and put consistent fast laps. Which is far more rewarding as when they goes for pits their ride height will also be adjusted and we have already sees in Bahrain that Alonso was faster after the pitstop and has close the gap between himself and Vettel quickly although it has more to do with the problem Vettel suffers but the pace of Ferrari was fast as more downforce was available for the cornering.

Also I am not a very knowledgeable person with respect to Tyre wars but I think Mike Gascoyne is knowledgeable enough that he knows what he talking so here is something from him about Tyre wars and its consequences. He thinks Tyre war is not a cost saving thing at all. Here is his opinion:
    "It is something that I have mixed views about. In some respects as a new team you like big rule changes because it is a great leveller. In other ways, as a new team, maybe you don't have the number of people and the facilities to cope with it – but bring it on. Whatever it will be, we will get on and deal with it."

Gascoyne believes that as well as forcing teams to make big suspension changes, the change of tyre size will have other implications on car design.

"The aero implications are very big as well, it is huge. That is why I think we need to think carefully.

"Obviously there will also be less air in the tyres, so pressure management and all things like that become easier. There are less variables though.

"Obviously with the sidewall stiffness, a variable is taken away out of the suspension system, so there is a lot more space within the uprights – but do you then start damping the wheels and all sorts? We need to think quite carefully about it - that we don't end up allowing huge expense back into the sport."

He added: "Some of the big teams may not want it themselves because they will want to maintain the status quo, but there is a big aero change with the ban on double diffusers anyway – so teams will have to design new cars.

"But from my perspective, every time there is a rule change we are not having to catch up with the two or three year's development we are behind, so we look forward to a big rule change. We will get on and deal with whatever it is."

Gascoyne is also wary about the prospect of a new tyre war in F1 – with the FIA having favoured a standard tyre for the last few years in a bid to bring down costs.

"I think tyre wars, with limited testing, will be hard," said Gascoyne. "Tyre wars are great if you are on the right tyre, but pretty bad if you are on the wrong one. And again, tyre wars have never brought down costs, they only make them spiral upwards. So again I think we have to be careful about that."
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Webber edges Hamilton in practice
    Red Bull set out its challenge for a fourth straight pole position as Mark Webber led the way in final practice at Sepang, with Sebastian Vettel in third.

MalaysianGP Practice Session 3
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -56387
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Webber on pole in disrupted qualifying
    Mark Webber continued Red Bull's run of pole positions with a brilliant gamble on intermediate tyres in a dramatic, rain-interrupted, Malaysian Grand Prix qualifying session.

Malaysian GP Qualifying Session
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -56435

Alonso downplays Q1 exit in Sepang
    Fernando Alonso says his position at the bottom of the grid for the Malaysian Grand Prix is not too important as he expects a rather chaotic race tomorrow.

Vettel backs Q3 stoppage decision
    Sebastian Vettel said the Malaysian Grand Prix officials were absolutely right to halt Q3 to allow the weather to improve.

McLaren duo rue wrong qualifying call
    McLaren drivers Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button were left lamenting their mistake after being knocked out in Q1 for the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Hulkenberg hails qualifying breakthrough
    Nico Hulkenberg hailed his qualifying performance as a breakthrough after reaching Q3 ahead of the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Webber thrilled with tyre call
    Mark Webber thanked his engineer Ciaron Pilbeam for helping him make the crucial tyre decision that led to his Malaysian Grand Prix pole.

Rosberg expects disrupted race
    Nico Rosberg predicted an interrupted Malaysian Grand Prix if the weather forecasts for tomorrow prove correct, as he said conditions in Q3 were impossible today.

Buemi angry for not doing better
    Sebastian Buemi said he was angry after qualifying for the Malaysian Grand Prix, as he felt he had not made the most of the conditions.

Lotus boss speechless after Q2 effort
    Lotus boss Tony Fernandes said he was over the moon after Heikki Kovalainen made it to Q2 ahead of the Malaysian Grand Prix.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alonso downplays Q1 exit in Sepang
    Fernando Alonso says his position at the bottom of the grid for the Malaysian Grand Prix is not too important as he expects a rather chaotic race tomorrow. The Ferrari driver was knocked out in Q1 on Saturday after his team decided to wait for the track to dry up before setting a lap time.
    Right.... If looks could kill, everyone in the Ferrari team would drop dead because he had a face like thunder when he was being interviewed in the pitlane when qualifying was stopped because of " supposed " heavy rain. He needed about 8/10ths to make through.

A really bad call by both, Ferrari and Mclaren. At least Mclaren got their guys out and Button made it through but got stuck in the gravel, and Hamilton spun on his first lap which was the only small window available to him. Ferrari completely misjudged the situation. Anyway, makes for an interesting race with defense less teams at the mercy of Ferrari and Mclaren. Don't know what joy is to be had in seeing a Sauber or a Lotus or a Toro Rosso being passed by a Ferrari or a Mclaren.

@genius83

Sir jee, you know that Gascoyne is talking through his a$$. What escalating costs and what expenses he is rambling on about? There is a budget cap from next year, maybe Gascoyne has been living under a rock or something not to know that. There is limited testing now and a ban on in-season testing.

Tire war was expensive when there was virtually unlimited testing. Teams used to start testing soon after the season was over and well into December. They would pick up again in January and test through out the season. All that stuff is gone now. There are four or five pre-season tests and thats it. It's the cheapest way right now especially as it will cost the teams nothing. All teams will have to make changes anyway once Michelin make a return but other than that nothing.

As for the other option, a) Why should Vettel or for that matter Alonso ( using only these two as they seem realistic title contenders ) agree to making three stops when they can win the same race by making one stop? Unless they are fond of the pitlane for some reason and want to visit it again and again, i don't see a logical reason.

Making extra stops only adds to the possibility of something going wrong during one of the stops. Why take that risk? These days with the same amount of fuel, on all cars, from start to finish, it's not possible to build a 30 second lead every time they make a stop. Those times in the past didn't come from having just new tires but varying fuel loads made a huge difference to different cars. It's not a viable option as we saw in Australia.

Bridgestone's plight right now reminds me of our country. All the bad things that have happened in the last 60 something years have been thrown on the shoulders of " the great leader " It's down to the great leader and his immensely talented team of ministers to save the country. The great leader has already done his bit by giving us " Pakistan Khapay " slogan and his ministers are doing ( making ) what they can in the time they have available.

Bridgestone are in the same position. All the mistakes made by FIA and FOTA should be rectified by Bridgestone. Maybe next they will ask Bridgestone, why not put a co*dom on the rims for the first stint and see if that makes racing interesting.

To be brutally honest, everyone needs/wants their driver/team to win. I couldn't care less if the races are ten times more boring than Bahrain, as long as the Ferrari of Alonso is winning. Schumacher fans wouldn't care either, much as they didn't, when he was winning races in the all dominant and bullet proof Ferrari in the most boring fashion, with team orders and what not. Hamilton and Mclaren fans the same, so too Vettel and Red Bull fans. I am not sure if Button has any fans anywhere so i didn't put him in the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@m_waqas

one way, among many others, to improve the race would be to give some advantage to the back-markers...any kind of advantage that can be agreed upon by all...or if u can't consider them as equal (as ferrari have demonstrated) then create a new category, divided by minimum threshold requirements, where all category 2 cars fighting for maximum points and category1 fighting for their max points...at least it will give category 2 cars some reason to race other than just finishing and not scoring even a single pt during whole season....
    They make a lot of money if they score a point. Thats why the silly points system this year.

somethings can be learnt from other series of races like FIA-GT... where they have two categories GT1 (including Maseratti, Corvette) and GT2 (Ferrari, Porsche, Ford) all fighting in their respective categories and it makes FIA-GT pretty interesting to watch...i really like it...
    Your idea is interesting but then they would need to have different engines like the FIA GT series with different categories before some F1 team does a MC12 on them. That would mean it's not really F1 anymore. Btw haven't they split the series now?

My simple solution.... give them a 1.5 litre Turbo, no refueling, no mandatory pit stops. Increase the pitlane speed limit and the make the entry-exit shorter. Those who want to go quick, pass others, might need to go up on the boost, use more fuel as a result and might have to run lean towards the end and come under attack from people who were careful with their car and tires at the start.

i also think that ferrari and red bull's dominance will fade as the season progresses with emergence of mclaren and merc...but i hope ferrari would've done enough damage to rivals by that time...
    Mclaren will catch up and make it a three way battle, Mercedes unlikely. Red Bull will be shot by their reliability issues but don't see them or Ferrari falling behind anyone on the development side. The way the new scoring system is, teams trying to catch up will need DNF's from those infront. Ferrari are unlikely to oblige.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kobayashi determined to score points
    Kamui Kobayashi is determined to finish in the points at the Malaysian Grand Prix after making it to Q3 for the first time.

Sutil delighted with second row slot
    Adrian Sutil was delighted with his qualifying performance in Malaysia after securing fourth place on the grid ahead of tomorrow's race.

Ferrari admits to error of judgement
    Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali admitted his team made an error of judgement during qualifying for the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Wirth praises Virgin's step forward
    Virgin's technical director Nick Wirth praised the team's step forward after Timo Glock qualified in 15th position for the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Glock: Virgin quicker than Lotus
    Timo Glock reckons Virgin Racing has had the better of Lotus so far this weekend in the battle of the new teams.

Horner says tyre choice was a gamble
    Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner has praised Mark Webber's decision to run with intermediate tyres after the Australian secure his first pole position of the year.

Australia set for start time change
    The start time of the 2011 Australian Grand Prix is set to be brought forward, AUTOSPORT has learned, after FIA light tests at last week's race deemed it to be too dark.

Whitmarsh admits McLaren got it wrong
    Martin Whitmarsh has admitted that McLaren made an error in not sending out its cars at the beginning of the qualifying, before the rain got heavier, but defended the team's reliance on technology in changeable conditions.

@UK
    That budget cap was for Max, to Max and by Max and I have not hear anything about it at all after him. [joking]

Yes, there is a budget cap from next season but the question is Would the allocated budget sufficient enough to handle such big changes and also to compete the full season in that??? I doubt that developing a new car without DDdiffuser as these will be ban, having larger tyres means a whole new suspension system and aero package also need to develop to compensate these changes as been suggested by Gascoyne and competing in a season of 20 races atleast. I think all the teams have agreed to a budget cap of 45 million pound for next season and it will really work if they will use evolution of this year's car but if they develop a new car then that budget cap is quite small.

Good suggestion for Bridgestone, just also tells how it will works as those tyres using that will make out with which car the one they are on or other cars passing by.

Your wish could become true from 2013 when the new formula one engines start running. At this moment FIA is thinking for 2 different configurations 1) 2.0L V8 or 2) 1.5L V6T and I think FIA most likely decides the 1.5L V6T.

For the qualifying, I think artificially a good race ingredients are in place plus the track have enough width to provide overtaking chances for all the top drivers who are starting at the back.

Your some questions need a complete thoughtfull reply so I will reply to them after the race on Monday.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

super softs lasting 10 laps wudnt mean bad publicity for Bridgestone, its just that they are meant to last 10 laps

back in the days, with unlimited tyres and unlimited Q laps, I was actually fascinated by the fact F1 teams change tyres so often, because that perceived as extra grip, not less life.
    Alpha Romeo 156

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the hell happened in the qualifying...alonso 19th??...

what did these guys do?...i mean thats a joke..mclaren ferrari at back-end....

and sutil 4th??...thats really commendable..although i wish he was in some other team...

couldn't care less if the races are ten times more boring than Bahrain, as long as the Ferrari of Alonso is winning. Schumacher fans wouldn't care either, much as they didn't, when he was winning races in the all dominant and bullet proof Ferrari in the most boring fashion, with team orders and what not. Hamilton and Mclaren fans the same, so too Vettel and Red Bull fans. I am not sure if Button has any fans anywhere so i didn't put him in the list.
    ^ very true....but i m button's fan (albeit conditional) since he joined mclaren...i don't wanna see hamilton dominating the team...button will have my support whenever he's against hamilton...

For the qualifying, I think artificially a good race ingredients are in place plus the track have enough width to provide overtaking chances for all the top drivers who are starting at the back.
    ya you're right but only interesting battles at back-end will be ferrari vs mclaren and all slower teams will be overtaken by these two...so that will be a waste of time for mclaren and ferrari...they should be fighting redbull in the front...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys urgently want to know where I can watch live formula1 on the internet? Loadshedding is rampant in my area and dont want to miss out on the race. I have UPS and 2mb internet connection though which I believe should be sufficient for trouble free streaming.

ANy site?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mani1
    ATDHE link I put in the opening post will provide you good race feeds but commentary could be in different language, or may be you are lucky and got a BBC feed then it is a different story. Treat this link as a TV programme scheduler and it gets updated after every few mins the link for race will only be available just about one hour before the race start but if it is not present check it after every few mins.

@m_waqas
    Which else top driver is at the back plus don't get disappointed if the weather predictions are to believe then we are heading for the repeat of 2009 GP but this time the race may not be red flagged half way through the race rather this race will be the race of attrition and many retirements are possible if the rain happens and as we have seen in qualifying even McLaren and Ferrari are struggling for the grip in the wet so anything could happens.

I still wants a dry race so just to see these cars trying some moves and we may have a thriller but weather is not permitting that. Lets see what unfolds in afternoon.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

back in the days, with unlimited tyres and unlimited Q laps, I was actually fascinated by the fact F1 teams change tyres so often, because that perceived as extra grip, not less life.
    huh when was that?
    Like the 60's and 70's

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vettel leads dominant Red Bull one-two
    Red Bull finally delivered the kind of crushing performance it had threatened to all season as Sebastian Vettel led Mark Webber home in a one-two demonstration run at Sepang.

Malaysian GP Results
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -56908

Vettel thrilled to end unlucky run
    Sebastian Vettel was delighted that Red Bull was able to put its hesitant start to 2010 behind it by dominating the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Webber: Vettel deserved victory
    Mark Webber says team-mate Sebastian Vettel deserved victory at the Malaysian Grand Prix despite the Australian starting from pole.

Rosberg expected Red Bulls to escape
    Nico Rosberg said he was not surprised that he had no chance to keep pace with the dominant Red Bulls in the Malaysian Grand Prix, but was still happy to give Mercedes GP its first podium.

Alonso bemoans 'hardest race ever'
    Fernando Alonso labelled the Malaysian Grand Prix as the hardest race of his life after having to cope with gearbox issues before retiring.

Hamilton delighted with sixth position
    Lewis Hamilton declared himself delighted with sixth position at the Malaysian Grand Prix after recovering from the back of the grid.

Williams drivers say car lacking pace
    Nico Hulkenberg admitted his Williams was simply not quick enough to achieve a better result at Sepang, despite scoring his first Formula 1 point.

Sutil: Force India has proved itself
    Adrian Sutil reckons Force India can now expect to be a top ten contender in every race, having taken a very strong fifth place finish in Malaysia.

Kovalainen encouraged by Lotus pace
    Heikki Kovalainen was encouraged by the competitiveness of his Lotus team despite failing to finish at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Alguersuari boosted for first F1 points
    Jaime Alguersuari said he never expected to score his first Formula 1 points so early in the season and admitted he was delighted with the result.

Di Grassi buoyed by maiden race finish
    Lucas di Grassi says his Malaysian Grand Prix performance showed the competitiveness of the Virgin Racing team after achieving the squad's first race finish.

Vettel escapes yellow-flag penalty
    Sebastian Vettel has escaped a penalty for overtaking backmarker Jarno Trulli under yellow flags in the closing stages of the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Renault unhappy with Hamilton's weaving
    Renault boss Eric Boullier believes Lewis Hamilton was in the wrong for weaving to prevent an attack from Vitaly Petrov - but has ruled out taking the matter any further despite his McLaren rival only getting a warning.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List