Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Mediocre Champion: Stupid or Not?????

Raikkonen would consider Mercedes
    Kimi Raikkonen would be willing to consider a race seat at Mercedes Grand Prix next season - but only if the team could convince him it will be good enough to fight for race wins and the world championship.

Also, we are underestimating Brawn's offer to Button and after seeing this news I think Button is the most stupid driver to leave a team with such offer plus if Brawn/Mercedes are willing to pay that much to Button then Kimi could also get the same if not more.

'Breach of contract cost Button £12m'
    Jenson Button's decision to join McLaren reportedly came when Brawn GP took an offer of £12million off the table after he breached his contract.

Teams bosses vote Vettel best '09 driver
    Sebastian Vettel may have lost out on the world title in 2009, but he has been rated as the season's best driver by team bosses in AUTOSPORT's annual top ten.

@UK
    When I asked you about a new rumour this was never on my mind but after looking at this rumour turning into a fact about Kimi I must say this rumour have turned faster into a fact then Button to McLaren rumour. Here are 2 links from Planet F1 Forum and Autosport Forum regarding Kimi's rumour.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@genius83

I was talking to my cousin some four, five days back in Britain and he was pretty convinced that Button had signed for Mclaren and Raikkonen had decided to go to Brawn GP. He was quoting different newspapers from over there, but i didn't take his word seriously. I am still not convinced that Raikkonen is going to Brawn GP. From what i have read, sorry i must be starting to sound like a broken record, Ross Brawn is not really a fan of Raikkonen, and it's for the same reasons that have been discussed here many times. Even now, the demands he is making are plain stupid; to be convinced that he will have a race winning car, to be convinced that he will be able to fight for the world championship. Sorry, no one can guarantee anything like that in this business. All he can be sure of is that he will have a very competitive car, a great team principal, a very motivated team behind him, and the might of Mercedes. I think those are very solid reasons to join a team if he really has the hunger to fight for race wins and world titles. Another driver of his (supposed) stature would offer to drive for free. Ayrton Senna famously offered to drive free for Williams at the end of 1992, when Frank Williams and Mansell were having problems sorting out their contract. Raikkonen should go to Brawn GP and turn it around into a winning car if it's not one next year. I am sure as much as Brawn is against Raikkonen's work ethic, and for all the right reasons, he and Mercedes would love to give him a chance so they can get back at Mclaren, Button and Ferrari.
    If money isn't the real issue, then why didn't Raikkonen just agree to the Mclaren drive when it was offered? He should have said I will drive for you for whatever you give me next season as long as i have an equal status within the team. He is still looking for big bucks and a championship winning car.

Jenson Button is a piece of work. He did this to Honda and Williams a few years back when Williams still had the BMW engines and if i recall correctly the matter was settled in a court of law. He seems habitual, and he has committed professional suicide going to Mclaren, but at least he will have more money when he leaves the team after three years and might win the odd race too.

The Villeneuve rumor, I hope is for a Renault drive. They won't really be against a French speaking driver but seems unlikely, and without that I hope he doesn't find a drive with one of the lessor teams.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What next for Kimi Raikkonen?

Kimi Raikkonen has a blank space in his diary – it’s called 2010.
    He has not totally ruled out F1, as his manager Steve Robertson left the door open this morning in an interview with Autosport’s Jon Noble over in Macau, that he could re-examine the possibility of racing with the new Mercedes team, if they were interested in having him.
    “This is Formula 1,” said Robertson. “If they can offer, or convince us, that they can provide Kimi an opportunity that Kimi is happy with, and that we are happy with, and he feels he can win races and the championship then never say never. There is always a possibility.”
    My conversations with Brawn management earlier this week did not suggest to me that Kimi was on their target list, for very specific reasons. And my colleagues in Finland feel that the Mercedes move is unlikely for the same reasons.But if they do start talking again it will indicate the degree to which Mercedes did not anticipate being in this position. Brawn and Mercedes’ strongest alternative now is to field a line up of Rosberg and Heidfeld, which has never won a race and is no match for Alonso/Massa, Hamilton/Button or Vettel/Webber.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Raikkonen demands fact or fiction

@UK
    You mean you have knows this at the same time through your cousin just when I also predicted it here what a coincidence. One thing we all knows is Kimi is a person who likes to talk less and most of the times its his management that answers to the media about different situations. What are the chances that these demands are exaggerated by his management, plus McLaren have offered 5 million pounds which includes doing PR works for the team and Kimi hates PR works that is why he was happy with Ferrari, I think Mercedes will not ask Kimi to do much PR works and also allow him to go for rallying during off weekends which McLaren will not allow and just to proof my point here is a link from PF1 about Lewis and Button's pairing for next season is a benefitting deal from Lewis point of view. Kimi have another problem too and that is his contract with Ferrari for leaving the team is based on a clause which states that if He does not get a drive for 2010 Ferrari pays him 17 million pounds but if he gets a drive he will get a subtracted amount from the 17 million. The formula is simple 17 Million - Team's pay for which he drives for in 2010 = Ferrari will pay.

Hamilton to gain from Button's equal billing?
    Jenson Button has been assured of equality at McLaren - a situation that may actually prove beneficial to Lewis Hamilton in the long term.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Button is joining Maclaren Mercedes.. sounds Great!
    Bura Nahin Socha Kabhi Bhi Main Ne Kisi K Liye.... Jis Ki Jaisi Soch Thi Us Ne Waisa Hi Jaana Mujhe!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pls pls pls take the offer from ross brawn & mercedes. Even @uncle kracker want to see you in formula one Brawn/Mercedes is one of best seat in formula one today & kimi prove people wrong by driving in formula one next season. 4 WDC in the field will be gud for formula one. Kimster has more to offer. His manger said kimi feels he has unfinished business in formula one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@genius83

Yeah, i had heard it from him some time back, but since he is a fan of Raikkonen, to some extent, I did not take him seriously and seems i was right in doing so because it seems Mr Raikkonen will not be on the grid in 2010, and it's almost impossible to imagine he will be there in 2011, given the the kind of talent that is coming into F1 right now. There will be two and at the most three team vying for the top slot in 2011, Ferrari and Mclaren being the two most likely teams and both have long term driver contracts. Massa's contract and maybe even his time will be up at Ferrari, but surely Ferrari will have no interest in hiring Raikkonen again. Maybe Red Bull and Mercedes will be up there too but unlikely that Vettel will be disturbed by Red Bull, when Mercedes will be making a pitch for his services. Kubica will be available from 2011 and I think Mercedes and Ross Brawn will not let him slip. So we might have seen the end of Raikkonen's career.

Button is stupid, that is all i can say about him. No one expects him to match, never mind beat Hamilton. He can do half the PR work and then come to the race track to get beaten by Hamilton.

@Shehryaar
    LOL! Yes, i am sad to see him go. I like him because he is a racer but in this day and age you need to be more to survive in F1. There have been past champions who hated PR work as much as him, most notably Jacques Villeneuve, in the recent years, JV was a much bigger star than Kimi Raikkonen, so he was able to dictate his terms and his contract would stipulate two things; a) A specific number of PR appearances, b) He will not change his helmet colours and carry his distinctive livery. He did that, and even a team like Williams, which has always been very strict with their drivers could not make him change.
    Raikkonen would fit very well in 70's or 80's F1, but sadly not today.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Williams sells stake in team
    Frank Williams and Patrick Head have sold an equity stake in their Formula 1 team to an Austrian investment company.

Williams says he will stay in control
    Frank Williams has denied that the sale of some of his equity in the Formula 1 team that bears his name means he will step back from the running the squad.

Wolff: Value of privateers will rise
    Christian 'Toto' Wolff, the businessman and financial manager from Vienna who has bought a minority stake in the Williams team, says his decision is purely commercial.

@UK
    Thats 2 in a row remember I had said something along those lines that Williams are trying to sell their team although the above news is not totally what I predicted but still they have started the work towards that direction.
    Well we should wait till monday because I have a feeling that something is about to happen in this regards, also my question about guessing a new rumour is still unanswered because I was not referring to this Kimi's rumour. Here is the next rumour which i want you to guess

'Schumi in talks with Mercedes GP'
    Michael Schumacher has reportedly held 'preliminary talks' with Mercedes GP that could see him make a comeback next season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@genius83

So, Ferrari, who he has a binding contract with, will let him race for Mercedes? It is a rumor that never died through out his time in F1. Every couple of years we'd hear how he was leaving Ferrari and joining Mclaren-Mercedes. Almost next to impossible that it will happen. James Allen has written about it on his blog too, it makes a good read.

I remember you scoop about Williams F1 being sold. Like you said in your last post it's not been sold completely. I am happy for Sir Frank Williams and his team. They need help to survive in these difficult times. He along with Patrick Head have made great sacrifices to keep that team going and i doubt that Sir Frank or Patrick Head would ever let go of that team unless they leave the business altogether or leave this world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rosberg eyes 'wins at least' in 2010

Nico Rosberg, who is expected to be confirmed as a Mercedes driver in the next few days, says he wants "to win races at least" in 2010. The German has only raced for Williams since entering Formula 1 in 2006, and he admitted he was now looking for a different challenge as well as a quicker car.
    "First of all change is good I think," Rosberg told journalists during a PR event for Allianz at the Hungaroring on Friday. "I've been at Williams for four years and it's good for me to see something else.
    "That will give me the opportunity to see how another team works, and also develop as a driver. And I also wanted to have the opportunity to make the next step to get a car with which I can win races.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@UK
    Stranger things have happened during this season specially comparing it with the off season between 2008 and 2009. Who could predict that Button would join McLaren the rumour starts and becomes reality in just 5 days, or Brawn buying Honda and comes up with a car that would lead the field in the most dominating factor in last 5 years. So I think we should start enjoying this off season rumours.
    Williams are hard working people but the only thing strange for me is why Sir Frank's son don't join the team as he already has his own junior level team. I also wish they survive this hard times and return to their glory years but for now it is a difficult task.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schuey mad to make a come back at 41 he will regret it. He was gud but not superman....everyone has their time his time finished long time ago.
    Bookies on skybet have already made hamilton favorite for 2010 season and alonso second favorite.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Shehryaar
    Sir, there are reasons why such rumours starting to spread and the most considerable one is Norbert Haug's comments about a week ago just after Brawn was been bought by Mercedes. He said that there could be a surprise in the drivers line up. Button has left the team Rosberg is also confirmed during mid season 2009, the most probable drivers that are available on the market are Heidfeld, Kimi. Heidfeld is there because he is a german while Haug likes Kimi, Kimi's decision to sit out for 2010 season and if Mercedes are not able to make a deal with Kimi then they would go for Heidfeld but does he fit in the line up as a surprise I don't think so and as Kimi already said that Mercedes are most likely going for all german lineup plus it is a logical decision to bring a top performer(Michal) then to go for the second class driver(Heidfeld). Remember if Michal returns then he has a full testing period just like everyother and he will be able to get back to speed just before the season starts. Ross Brawn is the team boss of Mercedes and Michal has been drives for Mercedes in sports car series before joining F1. Ross and Michal knows each other very well. F1 of 2010 season will be quite different then what we had in last 16 years because of refuelling ban and only those could do well who are good at managing tires.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Shehryaar

I have to largely agree with genius83 and partially agree with you. He is right in pointing out all that he has about Schumacher, his ties with Mercedes Benz from their junior days, his connection and success with Ross Brawn, the statement of Norbert Haug, and the fact that Mercedes are really left with Rosberg, who not many people rate highly. I think he is a star, over looked because he has been stuck in a Williams for too long, but imagine the combination, Mercedes, the silver arrows returning, Ross Brawn, and Michael Schumacher! That would grab all the headlines and maybe even pale the significance of the silver arrows returning to F1, as pointed out by James Allen on his blog. The story would be all Michael Schumacher.

As for his come back, I feel too many top drivers are in the right teams now for him to return and be successful unless Brawn makes another car that is a second a lap quicker than others at the start of the season. Schumacher for sure won't mess it up like Button almost did, but without that i feel, except for Kubica, all the other top drivers are in very competitive teams for Schumacher to make a very successful comeback. If it happens, it will be a fun story to follow, but the surprise might actually be Kubica in Mercedes, and not Schumacher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jose Maria Lopez set for US F1 drive

Jose Maria Lopez has revealed that he will race for US F1 next season if he can secure the rest of his sponsorship package. The Argentine driver visited US F1's Charlotte headquarters this week to conclude a conditional deal with team founders Peter Windsor and Ken Anderson.
    AUTOSPORT understands that Lopez has 70 per cent of the funding required to become the team's first confirmed driver and is confident of securing the remainder with a contract with US F1 in place.
    "Up until now we have dealt with this over the phone, and given the progress, we went to visit the team personally and talk to Peter Window and Ken Anderson about it," said Lopez. "We verbally agreed a deal that will be completed next week."
    Windsor confirmed that he was very keen to finalise a deal with the 26-year-old.
    "Until we sign the contract we can't reveal any details about the negotiations," he told Lopez's website. "I can say I have a profound respect for Jose Maria as a driver and a person. He would be a great driver for out team because he brings knowledge and mileage in an F1 car, apart from the extra motivation because he never had the chance to race and show his skill.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael with Ross brawn again will not be a surprise...but at this stage of his age and long period with Ferrari..I dont think so he will be making return like this.
    1.5 sohc mk1 suzuki khyber.........Mehroz Khan Niazi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ross Brawn made BUTTON, all credit goes to Brawn... Im sure Button will regret leaving Brawn GP.. Kimi might drive Brawn and Alonso will drive Ferrari.. now we'll see an epic battle! Dont forget Schumi, he can still sprinkle his Micheal's MAGIC.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Drivers want F1 to learn from NASCAR

Trulli enjoys first NASCAR test
    Jarno Trulli says he enjoyed his first Sprint Cup test at New Smyrna Speedway in Florida on Wednesday, and reiterated his interest in a possible future in NASCAR.
    Q & A with Jarno Trulli

Vettel: F1 can learn from NASCAR
    Sebastian Vettel believes Formula 1 can learn something from NASCAR after making a visit to the Sprint Cup Series finale at Homestead.
    Q & A: Vettel on his NASCAR visit

Vettel surprised by Button's switch
    Sebastian Vettel was shocked by title rival Jenson Button's move to McLaren, and expects Mercedes GP to be a strong contender in 2010.

@UK
    Yes, Kubica could be a good possiblity but such decision would only been taken if Renault left the grid and I don't think they would try to do what Toyota has done because FIA is now about to fine Toyota for a huge amount because of breaching of concorde agreement.

@anees11v
    Welcome to Pakwheels and also in this topic too.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mercedes' 2010 lineup to 'surprise' - Haug
    With Mercedes taking control of the successful Brawn GP outfit, and with Nico Rosberg highly expected to take over one cockpit, there remains one very attractive race seat available at this year's championship-winning team.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The rumour continues

Michael Schumacher stays silent as rumours of return with Mercedes gather pace
    So long as there remains a chance that Michael Schumacher might return to Formula One, the speculation and rumours about the sport’s most successful driver are not going to go away.
    The moment Jenson Button announced his strange decision to leave Mercedes Grand Prix — formerly Brawn GP — for pastures new at McLaren, the Formula One grapevine started humming with suggestions that Button’s former team principal, Ross Brawn, had approached Schumacher to replace him.
    It would, after all, be another one of those Schumacher fairytales. In the summer, he wanted to help out at Ferrari when his friend Felipe Massa suffered serious head injuries in qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix. But that comeback was ultimately thwarted by a neck injury that the German legend sustained while racing a motorbike this year.
    Now the seven-times world champion has the chance to do a favour for his former technical director at Ferrari in Brawn, who is short of high-quality options in his search for a team-mate for Nico Rosberg. And who is to say he will not answer the call, even if — at the age of 41 — a full 19-race season in 2010 could well be testing Schumacher’s resilience to the limits?
    In Germany yesterday, a little more fuel was added to the fire. With the famously taciturn driver away at a karting event in Las Vegas, it fell to his long-time manager, Willi Weber, to keep the guessing game alive. Speaking to a German press agency, he said he was sure that Schumacher had had talks with Dr Dieter Zetsche, head of Mercedes-Benz and Norbert Haug, who runs the company’s motor-sport division, at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
    From the former Brawn team there was no word yesterday. Ross Brawn is believed to be on holiday and a final decision may not be made for some time. In addition to Schumacher, the team are known to have taken soundings with Kimi Raikkonen’s management, and Nick Heidfeld, and it will also be watching the situation at Renault carefully. If the French car manufacturer pulls out of Formula One, Brawn may snap up Robert Kubica, the highly rated Polish driver, who is signed up to the Renault team.
    Schumacher’s official spokeswoman, Sabine Kehm, was hedging her bets last night. “My personal opinion has really not changed,” she said. “I can see lots of tempting things in it for Michael, but I can also see a lot of non-tempting things. I don’t know. It is as it was in August [with the Ferrari comeback] when you couldn’t tell what was going to happen. Then I was convinced Michael would never come back and, suddenly, all the circumstances were right for him. I still think it is unlikely, but you never know.”
    Meanwhile, Bernie Ecclestone reiterated yesterday his view that next year’s British Grand Prix at Silverstone is perilously close to being scrapped from the schedule. “They had a contract in place that they could have signed if they’d wanted to, but they haven’t,” Ecclestone, Formula One’s commercial rights-holder, said of Silverstone’s management. “At the moment there is no British Grand Prix.
    “I think December 9 is when the Formula One commission meets, so that’s when it will be taken off the calendar. If there’s no contract in place, there won’t be a British Grand Prix.”
    Eddie Jordan has said the same thing which Michal's manager Willi Weber is saying that Michal have meetings with Haug, Dieter Zetsche and Brawn in Abu Dhabi in an interview to 5live in England. Now if they have talks with Michal before the last GP of previous season then why Brawn and Nick Fry were shocked to see Button left the team to join McLaren because there are rumours Mercedes have told Button they don't need him or Mercedes don't want Button but Nick Fry and Brawn wants him. Also there is another rumour that Nick Fry is about to be fired from the team.
    Another far fetched rumour is Mercedes are trying to buy Vettel from RedBull in return they will provide Mercedes engines to RedBull. As Mercedes has decided to sell their McLaren shares they don't need McLaren's approval for supplying engines to another customer team.

So, Kamui Kobayashi could be joining Robert Kubica in Renault next season. Here are the original link and google translation of that:
    Kamui Kobayashi chez Renault en 2010 ?
    Révélation de la fin de saison 2009, le pilote japonais Kamui Kobayashi pourrait rejoindre le Renault F1 Team en 2010. Suite au départ de Toyota de la F1, le pilote aurait le soutien de plusieurs sponsors japonais.
    Réalisant de superbes débuts en Formule 1 lors du GP du Brésil, * Interlagos, ou il disputera une bonne position avec le - futur - champion du monde Jenson Button ; mais aussi * Abu Dhabi, marquant ses premiers points en F1, le pilote japonais Kamui Kobayashi serait bien placé pour rejoindre Robert Kubica au sein du Renault F1 Team la saison prochaine, annonce AutoHebdo cette semaine. Plusieurs anciens sponsors de Toyota seraient prêts * le suivre.
    Parmi ces sponsors japonais, le géant de l’électronique grand public Panasonic, très investi chez Toyota avant son arrêt. On parle également de KDDI, un grand opérateur de télécommunications.
    Un point * ne pas négliger pour Renault, en manque de sponsors importants pour 2010.
    Google Translation
    Revelation of the end of 2009 season, the Japanese driver Kamui Kobayashi may join the Renault F1 Team in 2010. Following the departure of Toyota F1, the driver would have the support of several sponsors of Japan.

Realizing stunning debut in Formula 1 at the Brazilian GP at Interlagos, where he will play a good position with the - future - world champion Jenson Button, but also in Abu Dhabi, marking its first points in F1, the Japanese driver Kamui Kobayashi is well placed to join Robert Kubica in the Renault F1 team next season, announced this week Autohebdo. Several former sponsors Toyota would be willing to follow.

Among these Japanese sponsors, the giant consumer electronics, Panasonic, very invested in his Toyota before stopping. It also speaks of KDDI, a leading telecommunications.

A point to be considered for Renault, lack of major sponsors for 2010.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 183 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

User Tag List