Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 5th International Kart Challenge 2009

Here are the videos of 5th IKC 2009
    First Race

Massa takes third in karting return
    Felipe Massa finished third in the opening leg of his charity karting event in Brazil today, as he made his first competitive appearance since sustaining serious head injuries in his Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying crash.

Second Race

Massa wins in charity karting event
    Felipe Massa took a popular victory in the second leg of his charity karting event the International Challenge of Go-Kart Champions at Florianopolis in Brazil today.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manor to run under Virgin Racing title
    The Manor Grand Prix team will run under the Virgin Racing name in 2010, according to the latest entry list issued by the FIA today.
    Richard Branson's company entered Formula 1 as a sponsor of the Brawn team this year, but has long been linked with a larger role with Manor. The FIA document confirms that this will be the case, although an official announcement from Virgin is still awaited.
    John Booth's squad will use chassis created by former Simtek and Benetton designer Nick Wirth's Wirth Research company, which designed the Acura LMP cars. Timo Glock has been signed as Virgin's first driver.
    The other news confirmed by the FIA's entry list was that Red Bull Racing will continue with Renault engines. The team had been linked with a switch to Mercedes power earlier in the year.
    But the entry list did not resolve the issue of the 13th entry. The Sauber team is hoping to get back into the field now that Toyota had pulled out of F1 - having previously committed to the new Concorde Agreement - but the FIA said it could not make an announcement about this situation yet.
    "Toyota Motorsport GmbH remains formally bound by the Concorde Agreement to put forward a team for participation, though it has indicated that it will not be in a position to do so," said a statement from the governing body. "An announcement will be made regarding this entry in due course."
    Champion team Brawn GP remains listed under its 2009 name on the entry, but the FIA noted that it "has indicated its intention to change its team name to Mercedes Grand Prix prior to the start of the 2010 season" following its purchase by the Germany company.

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -6323
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soucek tops Jerez test for Williams
    Andy Soucek set the pace on the first day of Formula 1 young driver testing at Jerez, despite an afternoon spin that brought out the red flags.

Virgin in no rush to confirm Manor deal
    Richard Branson is in no rush to officially confirm Virgin's rebranding of the Manor GP team, despite reports on Tuesday night that an announcement was imminent.

Engine parity key to RBR Renault deal
    Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner says moves to ensure there is engine parity in Formula 1 next year are vital - with the issue stalling his team's new supply deal with Renault for 2010.

Soucek confident of making 2010 grid
    Andy Soucek is confident about his chances of making it onto the Formula 1 grid in 2010, after shining on the opening day of testing at Jerez in Spain on Tuesday.

French GP plans suffer fresh blow
    Hopes that the French Grand Prix will return to the Formula 1 calendar soon suffered a blow on Tuesday, after plans for a new circuit to host the race were cancelled.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belated Eid Mubarak to all the visitors of this thread.

@genius83
    Belated eid mubarak little bro. Hope you had a fun eid. My best wishes to you and your family.

Ferrari have gone with giving Massa #7, and Alonso #8. Not that it matters much because he is new to the team and Massa had that terrible accident, but lets see what people make of Massa being given the lower number compared to his illustrious team mate.
    Mercedes is entering as Mercedes Grand Prix, not Mercedes F1
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bianchi signs long-term Ferrari deal
    Ferrari has signed Formula 3 Euro Series champion Jules Bianchi to a long-term deal.

Baguette added to Sauber test line-up
    Bertrand Baguette will test for his second Formula 1 team in three days after announcing he will drive for Sauber at Jerez on Thursday.

Paffett fastest on second day of test
    Gary Paffett put McLaren at the top of the timesheets on the second day of Formula 1's young driver test at Jerez.

@UK
    Thanks for the wishes and I also hope that you and your whole family also have celebrated the full joys of eid.

I am still a bit confused that if RBR has not signed a deal what kind of work is happening in the team's HQ under the supervision of Adrian Newey, and also if Michal is not the surprise package Haug was referring then the only other surprise is present in RBR's lineup which could exchange seats with a engine deal for RBR.
    Or
    RBR is waiting for the Renault's decision of their future in F1 and then try to become Renault's main customer with a manufacturer like treatment from Renault.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@genius83

I think it's too late for Red Bull to switch to Mercedes engines, something that has already been vetoed by Mclaren anyway. The car should be in it's final design stage and not ever chassis can be like that of Brawn, who managed to make a very successful and late switch to Mercedes engines. Red Bull is quite a complicated car at that, and next year the team which has the most economical engine and chassis which is easy on it's tires will be the one to have. A powerful but thirsty engine like this year's Ferrari will not be good.

Mercedes is waiting for Kubica, if Renault do a Honda, and sell their team. That will free Kubica, and make him a free agent much like Button had become last year. There is another interesting story i read on the unreliable planetf1 website, but looking at one or two other sites, it seems Raikkonen's management spread rumours of his impending arrival at Citroen rally team, which would make Mercedes panic and offer him the money he wants to drive for them. It's been blown away with Citroen coming out with a statement saying they have not even talked to Raikkonen yet and if he signed for them, he would go into their junior team Mercedes is holding out realistically for Kubica, and hopping someone puts sense in Raikkonen's head to drop the crazy amount of money he is demanding and sign up for Mercedes. That's the only reason why there is a delay in announcing who the second driver at Mercedes will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Citroen deny Raikkonen rumours

According to the official WRC website, 'nothing is signed yet, but a source close to the 2007 F1 World Champion told wrc.com that only small details needed to be tied-up before an official announcement is made in the coming days.'

However, Quesnel has not only dismissed reports of a deal, he's also denied that the team has even spoken with Raikkonen.

"Nothing is signed, I never even had Raikkonen on the telephone," Quesnel told French newspaper L'Equipe.

"In any case, (if Raikkonen did sign for Citroen) it would not be in the official team, but in the Citroen Junior Team. There is a lot of noise about this."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bianchi signs long-term Ferrari deal

Ferrari has signed Formula 3 Euro Series champion Jules Bianchi to a long-term deal. The 20-year-old Frenchman has been given an undefined role within the team, but could become test and reserve driver following his maiden Formula 1 outing at Jerez this week.
    "We are very happy to do this long-term deal, which was completed a short time ago," Bianchi's manager Nicolas Todt told AUTOSPORT.
    "His role is undefined for the moment, but from now on, he will be at Ferrari's disposal. His first Ferrari drive is obviously at this young driver test."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFSA unhappy at French GP situation
    Nicolas Deschaux, the boss of the French motorsport federation, has said he is baffled about why some of his country's politicians have not done more to get the French Grand Prix back on the calendar.

Volkswagen play down F1 engine reports
    Volkswagen has played down reports the world's biggest carmaker is set to enter Formula One in 2012.

Toyota not planning to sell F1 entry
    Toyota has relinquished its F1 entry and has no intention of trying to sell it, AUTOSPORT has learned, even though there are discussions with new teams about taking over the design of its 2010 challenger.

Renault linked to Prodrive sale
    Renault is reportedly devising an exit plan from Formula One which could involve selling its Enstone facility to Prodrive. The French carmaker intends to remain an engine supplier to the new team as well as Red Bull at least for the next few years, the French sports daily L'Equipe claims.

Renault meets to discuss F1 future
    Renault's executive committee is meeting in Paris today to discuss the future of the Formula 1 team, amid mounting speculation that the outfit could be sold to David Richards.

Off Topic
    Raikkonen's WRC switch deal done
    Kimi Raikkonen's switch to the World Rally Championship is expected to be confirmed in the next few hours, AUTOSPORT has learned.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sauber gets the 13th spot on the Grid

Sauber secures 2010 Formula 1 slot
    Sauber has been granted the final slot on the Formula 1 grid, the FIA has announced, bringing to an end months of uncertainty about the future of the team.

BMW delighted over Sauber grid slot
    BMW motorsport director Mario Theissen is delighted that the FIA's decision to grant Sauber the final slot on the Formula 1 grid means that the team can finally look forward to the future with optimism.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Raikkonen move to WRC (Official).

Raikkonen joins WRC with Citroen
    Citroen has announced that Kimi Raikkonen will join its World Rally Championship line-up in a Red Bull-backed Citroen Junior Team car, as predicted by AUTOSPORT.

Renault considering rival bids for team
    Renault is at the centre of rival bids to take control of its Formula 1 team, AUTOSPORT has learned, as David Richards' Prodrive operation faces opposition from Luxembourg investment fund Genii Capital.

Ricciardo proud of test performance
    Daniel Ricciardo said he was very proud of his performance on the final day of testing at Jerez, where the Australian set the fastest time of the week.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toyota sheds 500 jobs at Cologne
    500 jobs at Toyota's Formula One headquarters have been cut, a spokesman for the Cologne-based Toyota Motorsport GmbH has confirmed.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys the iceman is really gone forza citroen. I am not understanding why he not acept mercedes offer & race in formula 1. Can u ppl explain why he prefer to go to rally junior team & not formula 1 top team also rumour of joinnig red bull racing in 2011 you ppl think it is possible?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Shehryaar
    Yes, it is completely possible that Kimi if returns to F1 after one year abscense then it would be for RedBull the main reasons for such speculation is
    1) Mark Webber's RedBull contract will end at the end of 2010 and RedBull may not offer an extension in the contract. Kimi is joining WRC with RedBull sponsored Citreon junior team and RedBull is still a personal sponsor fo Kimi for a long time in F1 too.
    OR
    2) If some far fetched rumours are to believe then Michal is returning for Mercedes for a one year contract and Mercedes wants Vettel in 2011 and again a seat is available in RedBull. RedBull will get Mercedes engine deal in return of releasing Vettel.

As for why Kimi can't get a drive in F1 and choose to join WRC junior team well teams are not willing to pay him the amount of money he was asking plus he was looks like loosing his passion for F1 in last 2 years. Although I must say Kimi's last half season performance is really appreciable considering the F60 was worst handling car on the grid and he was able to get a win and few podiums is really a worth mentioning thing, so may be a year out of F1 and he may be able to revive his passion and motivation for F1 once again and returns to F1 in 2011.

@UK and Shehryaar
    I think this topic at Autosport forum really a worth reading thing.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. My feelings about pitpass are almost the same. The article which was about the other Nico, turned into cheating and then into Schumacher vs Raikkonen, and finally Alonso! I think Schumacher is experienced enough to know what the F60 was like by merely looking at it on track, an evil car. More than that, he was on the pitwall with access to the telemetry and knew exactly how bad that car was, he never needed any secret test to figure that out. If ever such a test was held, it would be to let him drive the car and help them develop it, impossible! He wouldn't fake an injury to get out of driving the car in a handful of races.
    Regarding him going to Mercedes, are Ferrari so stupid to pay Raikkonen not to drive for them, pay Alonso more to drive for them, and release Schumacher to join Mercedes, to fight them directly? and is Schumacher so stupid to jump in a Mercedes, with only six weeks of testing allowed, cost cutting measures in place, no in-season testing and go head to head with let's say Vettel, and get beaten by the young German?

@Sheheryaar

Genius83 has explained very well all the reasons. Here is mine, he is gone. Is there any guarantee that Red Bull Racing will even be competitive in 2011? I should think not. They might be competitive next season , but will they be fighting alone with a team like Brawn GP, if there is a team like that in F1, and with drivers like Button and Barrichello! Highly unlikely. Vettel's contract is till 2012, Mercedes would want him, but would Red Bull Racing let him go early only for money when all they get is the Mercedes engine for one season, 2012, before the new engine formula comes into play. Raikkonen should enjoy his year out, like genius83 said, see if he has any interest left in F1, and return with a team that is willing to pay him and is competitive.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parente on pole for Campos seat?
    A Portuguese media source insists his heavily-backed countryman Alvaro Parente is "on the verge" of becoming Bruno Senna's 2010 race team-mate at Campos.

Fisichella admits 2010 Sauber seat possible
    Giancarlo Fisichella has admitted that a race seat at Sauber next year is a possibility.

Yoong takes on Lotus role
    Former grand prix driver Alex Yoong has joined the Lotus team to head up its young driver development programme.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@UK
    Great news ESPN Star is starting to show the F1 Classics races from tonight starting with the 1994 British GP from 8:30 to 9:30. This is only a 5 races telecast for this week only. On Tuesday the famous Australian GP 1994, on Wednesday Brazilian GP 1994, on Thursday 1995 Belgian GP on Friday 1996 Spanish GP. And what about this
    Schumacher comeback “More than a rumour” says Ecclestone
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@genius83

I had heard about Star showing a series of classics but didn't know when it was starting. Now, i believe your friend, Steve Slatter and Alex Yoong are the commentators and that's not it, they pretend as if they don't know what happened in the race and try to build up excitement. Is that true? I missed it so am not sure if that's the case.

About the link, I think it's funny. It's understandable that for his fans, Schumacher is superman and he can do almost anything. Like make a return to F1 at the age of 41, and then actually go on to win. Not happening! All the wait is only for Robert Kubica.

Over at Ferrari, an interesting statement by Domenicali. It mentions Raikkonen, Alonso, and Schumacher, but it's aimed at Massa actually. Domeicali is saying, Felipe baby don't worry, you have equal status within the team ( a lot like your countryman Rubens Barrichello did), you will be given equal opportunity, we respect you and think you are Alonso's equal, you have been with us for so many years, and oh btw, we paid Raikkonen a lot of money so that he would leave us early, paid Alonso even more to make him sign for Ferrari, and to humor him we are saying that Ferrari want him to take up the Schumacher role within the team, but don't worry you have equal status within the team

Alonso is better at development than Raikkonen, says Ferrari boss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silverstone secures British GP from 2010

The British Grand Prix will stay at the Silverstone circuit next year after the Northamptonshire track reached a deal with Bernie Ecclestone after weeks of negotiations. Silverstone looked set to lose the race last year when Ecclestone signed a 17-year deal with Donington Park to host the grand prix from next season.
    However, Donington failed to raise the funds to carry out a redevelopment project and so Ecclestone began talks with Silverstone.
    The British Racing Drivers' Club, owners of the tack, confirmed on Monday morning they had secured a 17-year agreement to host the British Grand Prix from 2010.
    The circuit will also host a MotoGP race next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 183 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

User Tag List