Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Daewoo fan club

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ XsofEvil

buddy you can go and visit Mr. Kareem Baloch near happy holly hospital sadar and if u live in gulshan then u visit a workshop near alladin park.

as for original parts u can visit The plaza Aslam autos they have each and every part for daewoo and other korian cars.

hope your problem resolved.
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expert Advice required:
    1. Is it good to swap the Daewoo Racer engine1.5l with Cielo 15v 1.6...or should I over haul it the old 1.33lakhs done would needing overhaul in 20,000km ?
    2. If yes what? the exact cost? Faqeer Muhammad in G-10/4 tells me make it 50k including Dash, Wiring, Labour, Steering fitting blah blah...

and how much does it cost for a paint job?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@saadshaukat
    If the engine is DOHC type then dont buy it
    In short: Good Performance & Power but no engine parts available

Original 1.5 SOHC Engine
    In Short: Excellent feul mileage/performance, Good torque/power and all engine parts readily available + only engine which has no Tipids in engine thus no readjustment issue after 15000km for CNG and 50000km petrol like other conventional engines
    Life is Precious -- Drive Carefully

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaan u surely have great info on daewoo (as I have taken a lot of bnenefit from ur precious and valuable replies) but I have an objection to ur point of view regarding the availability of DOHC engine parts.

DOHC engine parts are easily available (both new and used) but are a bit expensive as compared to SOHC engine. New parts of engine like timing belt tensioner bearing (I have replaced), water body etc are same as that of chevorlet optra 1.6l from aziz autos saddar.

A major problem is that it is interference type engine i.e., if u break the timing belt the valves are damaged and the solution is to get head repaired or replaced by a qabli one (bought for around 3.5k an year ago).

So you have to be very carefull regrading the condition of timing belt, water body and tensioner and should quicklu respond to any noise from timing. And change timing belt around 50k.

If you want to go for performance then surely go for 1.5 DOHC engine, otherwise 1.5 SOHC engine in terms of reliability and maintaince is good.

Regards.
    //.....Don't bully Korean cars.......//

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@saadshaukat

The engine that came in Optra is A16DMS (sometimes referred as A15DMS while the one available in our market is A15MF) which has 1598cc capacity; having 2.5mm larger bore than the 1498cc 1.5L block, other than this there are no big changes. Engine parts like Head, Cams, valve assembly, Cam Gears, Head Gasket, Main pulley timing gear , Timing Guide, Tensioner, Timing Belt, Water Pump, Oil Pump, Crank, Connecting Rod, Piston Pins and Bearings and all the oil seals are the same. Plugs of Optra are also alike.

Two necessary parts are the Plug wires and the filter that are rarely available for which you have to contact Korean parts importers (like Aziz Autos, they need samples which they can import from China/Korea). Optra's plug wires are short in length being distributorless while the filter is 2.5 mm wider.

The estimated costs(dated ~ July 2007) of some of the parts are as follows:

1. Timing Belt ~ Rs.3300/=
    2. Tensioner Bearing ~ Rs.4200/=
    3. Water Pump ~ Rs.3500/=
    4. Oil Pump ~ Rs.4500/=

DOHC 16 valve head has more parts than a SOHC head so more wear and tear and more maintenance in term of parts and cost. It is recommmended to change the Timing Belt and Tensioner bearing at the same time and also these items of the Kabli engine must be changed before installing in your car which costs around Rs.7500/=.

The performance of a DOHC 16 valve engine is way better than the SOHC counter part producing ~20N.m. more torque and ~10Kw more power. It is like installing a 2PSi turbo :d.

As far as Tappets are concerned, they are the same Hydraulic ones, so does not need adjustment.

Advantages:

1. Advanced fuel maps so as a result better petrol consumption while 16 valve head providing better Air suction and as a result better mileage. (Off-course throttle response is better and better mileage can worsen if driven aggressively)

2. Better road grip, cornering and braking than that of the SOHC. The reason being that the DOHC head is around 12 kg heavier than the SOHC counter part lowering/transferring of weight to the front.

3. ~10% increase in power and torque.

Drawbacks:

1. One major drawback ,As @azkhan mentioned, one need to keep an eye on the timing section since breaking a timing belt or the tensioner will result in valve destruction (The valve in SOHC head are opened straight in the cylinders while the DOHC valves are opened at ~ 15 degree angle so in a case of any mishap, the piston directly hit the valve causing them to break due to their angular position.)

2. One need to have heavy duty high pressure fuel pump to run the engine on petrol properly. The pump of Daewoo is insufficient for the fuel needs.

3. Ideally CNG Emulator will be required that will disengage the injectors while on CNG.

4. New parts are bit costly but available.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@azkhan
    Thats exactly what i was referring too in general as one part of engine defective then whole engine is worthless thus in some cases maintainance cost is high as original daewoo parts are not available and one has to use other brand parts similar to your engine like in case of Hyundai Excel`s engine parts of mitsubushi engine lancer 1993 are identical to the hyundai designed engine.
    Buying kabli parts is also tricky as some times one cant be sure about the way the part was used and can thus result in mishap esp when on highway or portion of road where no mechanic is available.
    Personally i am satisfied by my vehicle when i know that each mechanical/electrical part have been replaced/maintained on time and the safe limit of their usage has not yet been reached but any way everybody has his own free will and concepts so do what ever pleases you the most

@testdriver
    it`s good to hear from you after such a long time
    Life is Precious -- Drive Carefully

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You!! Everyone, especially testdriver for such detailed information.....well how many ppl have DOHC Engines???

One more thing, did any body installed a turbocharger and a cone air filter along-with intake.....on his Daewoo Engine? If not....do u think its possible?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Testdriver

welcome buddy after a long time.

nice to see u online.
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys
    im new here in pakwheels.com im kinda need some help where can i get a softcopy of a daewoo racer or can you email it to me pls. in bie_cezshwah17@yahoo.com and can you help me how to remove the headlightlamp on instructions or even videos
    thanks in advanced

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@welcome786, shaan & saadshaukat

Thanks.

@saadshaukat

A member named @devilousangel had once turbo charged his Daewoo. You can send him an email at the following page.

http://www.pakwheels.com/profileview...sangel~pw.html
    Adnan's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ testdriver
    nice to see your post again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to sir Testdriver i read in the forum that you have a soft copy of daewoo racer service manual can you send me the copy in my email address bie_cezshwah17@yahoo.com i need it badly sir
    thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@test driver
    Welcome back!

Me too need Service Manual of Daewoo Racer, because I've recently owned and badly need it!

Please send it to;
    prince.sultan141@yahoo.com

Your Kind!
    Safety 1st!
    Always Must!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kashmir1 & @PrinceSultan

thanks

@tonton16 & @PrinceSultan

The service manual has been uploaded Here(11.84MB) and the electrical diagrams Here(1MB)
    Adnan's

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you so much sir testdriver for your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all daewoo experts......!

Does Racer comes with automatic transmission.....? Or is it possible to get converted to auto from manuel transmission?
    If it comes in Auto trany whats the cost of the gear & related stuff.........? Any rough idea....?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you so much sir testdriver for your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eidee
    Dear!
    All Daewoo Racers imported from 1992-93 are in MANUAL transmition because those were for TAXI use.
    The same idea I thought a few years back, some1 said, it's impossible but finally I saw one Daewoo Racer in Sadder near Varan depot that was in Automatic Transmition!
    It was 1993 one.
    So sure it was converted from Manual to Auto.
    So the answer is YES, but frm where can you do it, TESTDRIVER knows well.
    but probably from Daewoo Center Islamabad!
    Safety 1st!
    Always Must!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eidee
    i have a automatic transmission daewoo racer GTI 95 model
    and it's not a converted from manual to automatic but when you buy the car from the dealership you can ask for an automatic transmission racer and my engine type is OHC not SOHC or DOHC just OHC i want to know if this type of engine is better than SOHC and DOHC what is the difference tell me pls.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eidee

YES, Manual to Automatic Transmission is 100% possible. You only need complete wiring set and a TCM (Transmission Control Module). You can get a TCM from old parts market (It resembles the ECM having pink color connector). For your information, the Chevrolet Aveo, having the same engine as of Daewoo (offcourse a bit different being MPFI), also came with automatic transmission so the parts wouldn't be of any problem (except the cost ).

@tonton

OHC is a generic terminology (Over Head Camshaft). The Daewoo's engine (G15SF - TBI, G15MF - MPI) is an OHC engine with Single Over Head Cam (SOHC).
    Adnan's

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List