Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Daewoo fan club

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@azkhan

(y)

@CAR9

The kick panel:

Daewoo fan club -888183

When you open up the kick panel, you will see a car tape like closed box of silver color. It's the ECM.

4. Regarding CNG/Petrol starting, try starting on petrol. If the car hasn't been driven on petrol for a long time, it won't start on petrol that easy. In this case start on CNG and try switching to petrol. One most important thing is that usually CNG installer cut the injector and pump wire to avoid CNG-Petrol mixing. In that case, the engine will never start on petrol . In this case, start on CNG and drive at-least 2Km to check for any visible problem.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@testdriver or anyone

Thanks sir. I also have a question to ask from you.

I'm having a problem with my dohc woo. The problem is that it sometimes misfire on petrol. If i accelerate slowly it dont misfire but if suddenly throttle is given then it misfires. I've change the fuel pump to bosch pump that's for honda civic vti 1997 and changed the fuel filter under the rear door foot panel. It's still misfires very rarely but now has good pick. It was misfiring heavily as the fuel level was low and i gave it a rs. 500 petrol. It got better but misfired one time after a hard run. It is to be noted that i've installed an aftermarket air intake. Also I checked the plug wires which are giving 5.38 - 5.8k ohm resistances. What shall be the optimum resistance? I'm going for 10.2mm aftermarket plug wires (and the connectors have to be changed) on sunday. Car is also having cng. But on cng it dont misfire. Unless I put the car third gear around 20-30kmph and press throttle and thats obviously my mistake and that too after installing CAI.

Now i'm planning to supercharge it (around 2~4 psi) and in that case a misfire could be a havoc for the engine. Shall I go for injector cleaning or something else? What shall be done please guide. Also if you could tell me of any good shop for getting aftermarket plugwires

Also if u remeber my elder brother (taimoor khan) has contacted you an year ago when we were in process of swapping the engine.

Sorry for such a long post but I'm sure u'll help me resolving the issue.

Regards.
    //.....Don't bully Korean cars.......//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@testdriver
    thanks to your help again

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and now it's misfiring on cng also but not that frequent. Help needed urgently.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@azkhan

Mis-fire is obviously related to the current supply to the ignition system. Following should be checked:

1. The alternator is not generating according to the engine requirement. The DOHC engine came with a 12V 85A alternator, so if you have installed any lower rating alternator, will cause misfire under hard requirements. If its okay, proceed to 2.

2. The alternator works in conjunction with battery. If the battery terminals are weak, still misfire can occur, specially in night time (Head & Tail lights load). Just tighten the terminals. If its okay, proceed to 3.

3. The alternator belt might be loose. Get it tightened. If its okay, proceed to 4.

4. Get your engine scanned by Scanner to check if the spark module is fine. If its okay, proceed to 5.

5. Most probably there is a problem with the engine ground. Just clean the grounds and put them back into place and tighten them.

Yes, I remember taimoor khan. Also keep us updated about supercharging (y).
    Adnan's

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@azkhan

Regarding your questions:

1. Instead of Injector cleaning, it is advisable to run the engine on petrol once a week. The injectors will automatically be cleaned (y).

2. Plug wire is not an issue but the connector. Try finding out matching connector from market and then you can make custom wires.

3. The resistance is fine.
    Adnan's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AOA
    Dear All
    i need Daeoo with good condition islamabad no
    is anyone interested to sell
    regards
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@azkhan
    change spark plugs.....

reduce plugs gap between electrode & tip then stock specs. use gauge and make sure all the plugs have equally reduced gap.

my vote go for platinum single tip.......

and i agree with testdriver bhai, its all with current .......
    !

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks @testdriver and @stonedsaint. I've checked all the current issue and its all right and can't get wats wrong :-( . Also I'm using two tip spark plugs and cleaned them hardly 100km ago. I think I have to check spark plug module. I'll let u know. Could we meet on some weekend as I have to discuss a lot of things regarding supercharger and that misfiring issue.

Thanks and regards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ all

I have a Daewoo racer 93 original. it was alloted to my mother in 93 and we have had it since then. its islamabad registered. reddish maroon color painted by Shahnawaz. The engine needs over haul but other than that its in very good condition. it has done around 73k. CNG and AC work fine, no major accident only mild touch ups done. i am willing to sell it at the market price. If anybody is interested let me know at aliraoof21@yahoo.com and my cell no is 0300-9280571.
    :-)(au):-)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I own a daewoo GTI shape (as seen in my display pic) and I want to install some bright bulbs for the headlights. The relay is already installed and no kali required (headlights in good condition internally). Which bulb would you recommend to get a good bright light? Please mention along the approx price and the parts shop in (rwp/isb)... Thx
    Abdul Hayee Bhatti -- My detailing thread : http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/body-work-interior-paint-glass-appearance/228843-dynamicallystatics-car-detailing-thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am visiting this forum after a long time and ...oh boy am I glad to see "testdriver" back! Such a pleasure. Welcome back!

I have seen some threads regarding mileage. Mine gives me about 205-210 Km(highway) on a 60 Kg cylinder. In fact once I have done 221 Km on one cylinder on highway. Impressive eh? Maybe because its still young, done only 81000 km as of today.

Car is not without its problems though but will pose them some other time. Still like this car whom I have once driven for 16 hours continuous on worst of under-construction roads of south punjab without a hitch!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need help on how to remove the cd car stereo and where do i need to start on thanks in advance...:-)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@dynamicallyStatic
    The head light is of plastic that gets worsen after some usage i.e. become slight opaque. It wont get better with the high wattage tubes because of the slight opacity developed. Try getting high wattage/HID fog lights to improve the night visibility.

@Arraow
    Thanks! The mileage is excellent (y). Please share some tricks to obtain such mileages (y).

@tonton16

Please post the pictures of your stereo (offcourse installed in your car). Then I can suggest you about removing it.
    Adnan's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yaar my Daewoo's CNG Cylinder fills in Rs.350 average, and in city ir gives 100km to 110km. i dont know if it is doing good or not? i dont know how to get 220km per cylinder?
    the baryar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salam all daewoo lovers!
    h r u all? i got only one question:-

(*) is it allowed legally to put one's own (legal) daewoo racer floor pannel in the smuggled cielo as is being done in chaman (quetta)??? i have an option for this plz guide me if any one knows this authentically

thnx all brothers
    bbye

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@javaid35

WAS

Why don't you get the Cielo and put everything from that on a Legal Daewoo?
    Adnan's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salam test driver
    thnx for ur advice. but i was just thinking that if its done as genuine fitting without any alterations to original dewoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

want to know the experience of any member who has changed the brakes of daewoo (installing corolla's sarva-or what ever it is called). recently been changed in our daewoo. breaking has definitly improved but the padel sinks while pressing it. mechanic says that it will improve in couple of days.
    any comments

regards

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@kashmir1

The Corolla servo works better than the Daewoo Racer's servo. I have used the servo for more than two years in my car. Now I have switched to the Cielo servo which works even better than the Corolla's servo. (y)

As far as the pedal sinking is concerned:

1. If the sinking improves with pedal pumping, there is some air bubble trapped in the brake lining. It requires brake fluid bleeding.

2. If the sinking does not improve with pedal pumping, the Mater Cylinder is leaking the fluid pressure. Get the Master Cylinder serviced/replaced.
    Adnan's

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List