Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chery QQ (Experience)

Mod Edit: Dig
    Dear All,

I have recently purchased Chery QQ and its a good experience having a small compact car at a reasonable price. Till now all the cars in 800 cc were not offering such value additions as Chery has offered. The drive is excellent, the Gears are a bit harder than any other car of its range, which the dealer is claiming will become normal after some time. Fuel average I will quote when I will fill up the tank again. The seats are very comfortable, the interior is excellent. Quality control needs some improvement. Over all the car is good and I hope that I will be enjoying its ride. If any 1 wants to know more about this car. You are welcome to call me at 042-8419006.
    May Allah Help Us All....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give it some time. if the millage remains low, then contact chery people. on my last fill of 500 rp petrol i got approximately 13.5 . however what we should remember is this that at slow speeds average is low . also at trafic signal lots of fuel is used up even though we are not covering any distance. aso we use ac during this motn so i think the average is quite good specially when you get a good ride at a low cost.

and your cars color is marvalous. way better than any white color car. who says paint is of poor quality.
    --

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear, Fill the tank to max. drive it for about 300km, refill the tank to max again, count the money needed for next refill and divide the that amount by milage covered, this way you can get the real milage.

using 750 rupee petrol won't tell you actual milage.

use my way and satisfy yourself.

this car easily do 13-15 km in city, i also live in Lahore

i did 19km/ltr using it on FSD with partial AC @ 120km/hr
    http://www.aliqadri.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ali,
    I took the car to Perfect today and the guy there told me that its normal since its new and runing in. He said I will notice a difference after the 1000km service.

I will take ur advice and fill the tank to max to get accurate reading.
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another interesting thing i found out today is the difference between 2005 & 2006 model Chery QQ.
    The 2005 model had hard gears whereas 2006 model faces no such issue. Also 2005 model's insignia is different on the rear left side. In 2005 model there is just QQ instead of Chery QQ (2006).

And about the paint job. It is good. The pics i have taken dont do justice as the paint has real luster and shine. However the dealer did not polish it and the paint must be polished/waxed (after washing ofcourse) soon as the new car gets home.
    --

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, dealer isn't correct, my first filling gave me above 13 average.

the good thing is 'there is no hard gears' means ... perfect chery qq

have fun, hope you'll get good milage

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,
    I took my car to dealer for First Service on completing 1000Kms. He changed the Oil and Spark plugs and rest you can see in the pics below

The Oil, Plugs and filter
    Chery QQ Experience -647111

The Engine top removed, you can see where the spark plugs are located
    Chery QQ Experience -647112

Mechanic removing the ff single head plugs
    Chery QQ Experience -647113

the air filter next to the windshield. It was just cleaned and is good for another 5000 kms
    Chery QQ Experience -647114

Pluging the cables into the new plugs:
    Chery QQ Experience -647115
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

putting the oil in. The new oil filter is already in.
    Chery QQ Experience -647116

toping up the radiator fluid
    Chery QQ Experience -647117

checking brake oil
    Chery QQ Experience -647118

cleaning the rear brakes
    Chery QQ Experience -647119

last of the pics and its of three zero meter QQs waiting to be owned
    Chery QQ Experience -647120
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the plugs had to be changed at 1000km??? why? i've never heard of that!
    Speed thrills and kills better than anything else.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review at 1700kms:

Allright, the first thing that i have to mention is that the car is much quieter inside as compared to other cars in its class (Alto, Cultus etc). The other thing is that its much roomier inside that it appears from outside. Siting inside i have plenty of leg space (i'm 5'11" by the way) and there are still 2-3 notches left to move back. My cousin who is 6'2" easily sits in the front passenger seat. Talking about the seats - they are very comfortable. I cant wait to take the car on a long drive outside the city (but i have not yet got it registered).

The AC is also going great and i keep the fan at 1 or 2 at night and at 3 during the day (it can go up to 4). However when it gets really hot then you need to put up curtains on the windows to help the AC make the car cool.

The consumption has started to improve and it is now doing about 11kms/l with AC in Lahore. I hope it will go up to 15kms/l with AC.

The ride of the car on potholed streets of Lahore is good, the car feels solid and there are no shakes but the suspension does tend to make small noise on medium & large potholes (traveling above 30km/hr) specially while turning, its a small gripe that i hope Chery will fix in future models. Also while they are at it, they need to decrease the engine noise coming into the cabin. My wife does'nt like it. The engine makes quirky sounds at certain rpms but thats normal. The pick is not that much during normal acceleration but when you put the pedal to the metal there is a boost of power after 1-2 seconds like a turbo, i think the AC trips and the engine serves up more power. Ofcourse u need to have the revs above 2.5-3000rpms for it to work and that consumes up more petrol. I really hope Chery Pakistan bring in a 1000cc model of this car as the duty structure now is the same for 800cc and 1000cc.

The FF 4-speaker radio is good and bass is adequate. I'm listening to more FM than i used to. I have yet to use the tape player and Chery Pak need to upgrade it to CD player atleast. I mean who uses tape anymore?? its a small cost but makes a big difference.

The power steering is good and the high seating position and view from inside this car is good.

The power windows are working great.

The engine temperation takes about 2-3 minutes to reach the middle point of the gauge and then it stays there whether i use the AC or not.

Chery also needs to improve the front brakes as one has to press down harder than on other cars to stop the car. Perhaps adding power assist will solve this issue. Everything else on the car is powered so why not the brakes?

The cupholders are really coming in handy while i drive and note the dynamics of the car

more to come later...
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had a trip of murree yesterday. it was my first time going to murree driving a car. previously i drove mehran. unlike mehran cherry has one slight problem you can not view at the corners . you feel it specilay when taking sharp turns. may be it is becausi had moved the seat to extreme end. otherwise the car provides excelent accelataion and road grip.(lot more than jeeps,mehran and other small cars and re-conditioned cars). i went up to patriata chair lift. while coming down i did not face any braking problems. power steering makes the ride lot more fun. traffic on opposite side got shocked many times by the excelent power steering advantage. i think this advantage is less on larger vehicles. i had to keep the car in 2 nd gear for most of the time. and third while coming down. i reached mull road in 1 and a houlf hour .just like Obii1 i also listen to fm106.2 all the way.

i want to thank razaq and aliqadri. they advised me an excelent car just acodring to my taste.
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Gang,I wrote to PakChery and CC'd to Cheryglobal my comments above and on Saturday i received the following reply from the local distributor PakChery. I give them full points for a well written mail and for a prompt reply with no spelling mistakes (God its so hard to receive a reply with no mistakes in Pakistan). However i dont give them any points for service. They should have atleast considered the problems i listed and tried to rectify them instead of brushing them off as personal opinion that does not matter. Overall I give them good points for customer service.
    -Obii1

--------------------------------------------------
    Dear Mr. D,

Thank you for your email to us and for purchasing the Chery QQ car which is easily the best car in its category in the world.

The first service for Pakistan is recommended to be at the first 1,000/- kms. This is keeping in view the unique climatic (extremes of heat, cold, humidity etc) and driving conditions (road conditions, dust, quality of fuel available etc) that are prevalent in Pakistan which vary in extremes when compared with those of other countries such as China, Iran, Malaysia etc. Hence the first service for Chery QQ is recommended at 1,000/- km which is the same as that recommended for all other vehicles in Pakistan such as Suzuki, Toyota, Honda and the rest.

Even if the road conditions of China, Malaysia and Lahore were exactly the same (which is NOT the case as it would include even the number of traffic lights in the city as well as presence of atmospheric pollutants and traffic density) climatic conditions of each geographical area is different. Hence driving conditions in China or Malaysia cannot be compared with those of Pakistan in any way or form.

The reason the transmission oil and the engine oil in almost all new cars is changed at 1,000 km is also got to do with the theory that since the engine and other metal components of new cars have just been milled or stamped, there is a high likelihood of micro sized metallic shavings present which are washed out with the first engine oil and transmission oil replacement. Obviously, if there are indeed micro sized metallic shavings present in sensitive areas, there is a potential for them to cause micro sized scratches on the metallic surfaces which, with the passage of time, have the potential of having a negative impact on the moving components of an automobile. Furthermore, it is always BETTER to have the oils changed sooner than later especially when the cost of the oil change is negligible compared with the overall value of the vehicle which this procedure seeks to protect.

With regards to the high consumption of fuel in the car, kindly note that there are several variables that can have a drastic effect on the car’s fuel average. These factors include, but are not limited to the driving habits of the driver, the road conditions, tyre pressure, car load while driving, traffic density, number of starts-stops during a trip and several more.

Ideally, the car’s fuel consumption is to be measured while driving the car at 90 km/h in the fifth gear. This is usually the standard procedure for establishing car fuel consumption as intra city conditions are never the same and are extremely variable. Tyre pressure in the QQ car should be kept as per the owner’s manual which is 220 kpa (around 32 psi). An under-inflated tyre can have a serious negative impact on the fuel consumption of the car. Additionally, if you keep the car below 2500-3000 rpm while driving and accelerating you would notice a big change in the fuel consumption of the vehicle. Higher RPMs= more speed and power but also results in lower fuel efficiency. Hard braking and acceleration also have the same negative impact.

With regards to your query about the acceleration of the car, it should be bourne in mind that this engine is not meant for high speed accelerations. For normal driving the QQ engine is the ideal match for power, efficiency, and performance. There is a 1.1 Litre engine also available in the QQ car globally, however, the 1.1 litre engine variant would obviously be more expensive as not only it would cost more but it would also attract additional taxes such as CVT tax. Besides the impact of sales tax and advance income tax is also going to be larger on the vehicle meaning that it would be priced much higher. We are currently exploring ways to overcome the price increase and are planning to set up a CKD assembly plant in the vicinity of Karachi.

With regards to the brakes, every car has its own ‘feel’ of the brakes. The hydraulic brakes of the QQ are actually more superior as they give the exact feel of braking to the user. As with any vehicle, it would take a little getting used to.

With regards to the CNG issue, we are currently looking into this issue and should have a result soon.

In the end we thank you once again for your kind support and detailed review and feedback on the car. If you require any more information of have any further queries, kindly feel free to contact us at anytime.

With best regards

Customer Support Team
    Pakistan Chery Automobile (Pvt.) Ltd
    Building 2-C, 12th Commercial Street
    Phase II Extn, D.H.A.
    Karachi
    Tel: +92-21-5899197-8
    Fax: +92-21-5387844
    Email: info@pakchery.com
    Url: http://www.pakchery.com
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone I am writing for the first time here. I am reading this forum since one month. And now I am also a fan of chery QQ. not only a fan but also decided to buy one. I went to the dealer and checked the car my self. It seems to be a small wonder in 800 category.
    Please advise me about the color selection & other impotent things which I need to know before buying it.

Thanks.
    Khurram Gul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome,

Hope u 'll enjoy it's ride!

Color selection is purely dependant upon the user preference.

White / Metalic Grey / Black / Metalic Blue etc. are good to me.

I owned Chery in White Color, it's easy to maintain.

But Grey looks good.

You dont need to check anything b4 buying QQ.

Just read owner's manual, and you'll be having a checklist. that will show you what you need to check before signing delivery letter.

Regards,

Dr. MuhammadAliQadri

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dear QQ owners/ lovers:
    the thread below is in reply to someone's post about low -quality chery qq's safety, posted by "chevy" lovers a few days ago.... The QQ owner has tried to post a logical reply... but your participation in proving logical facts is also needed there....

Excellent Chery QQ safety:
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!21597~ForumID!1~pw.html
    don't love the car you own.., own the car you love!
    http://www.youtube.com/usmanaliansari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx Ali Qadri Bhai.
    One thing which I also want to mention that you have played a vital role to made me buy this car through your research and very logical feedbacks.
    Thank you again. And keep on participating with you valuable comments.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u r welcome bro, thanx for appreciation

do counter check my feedback with others and with chery-qq ppls, so that you can have very good source of input.

Regards,

Dr. MAQ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone,Below find my continuing conversation with PakChery.
    Regards
    Obaid
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 12:54 PM
    To: 'info@pakchery.com'
    Subject: RE: Chery QQ owner's feedback

Dear Pak Chery,
    Thank you for your feedback, although i wont disagree with what you have said in the first para of your e-mail, but i am not as concerned with the car's highway fuel consumption as much as the urban consumption. However i have got the consumption issue solved - the engine's intake and manifold sensors had too much carbon on them and after cleaning (with Carb spray can) my car is doing around 120kms in 8.64l of petrol (Rs.500 or approximately Rs.4.2/km) ~14km/l - quite acceptable, unlike 10km/l which was not acceptable; in Lahore city driving with AC. I wish i had persuaded the dealer to check the car earlier instead of wasting thousands of rupees extra on fuel which could have been easily saved.

As for the invoice - the dealer told me (on Friday) he will deliver it to me today but i'm still waiting. Last four chassis digits are xxxx.

Thank you for pointing out a dealer for CNG install. However i urge you to quickly offer a CNG option in the car; fitted by you, as the after sales market does not offer 6th Generation kits (with direct in-cylinder CNG injectors + ECU, such as the one in Liana) as recommended for MPFI engines. I would gladly pay Rs.50k extra for such an option.

Regards,
    Obaid D.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 12:15 PM
    To: Obaid D.

Dear Mr. Obaid D.

Thank you for your continued correspondence with us and for your valuable feedback. Fuel consumption in urban settings can never be accurately measured due to the inherent thousands of different variables which cannot be accurately emulated time and time again. As requested earlier, the true fuel consumption of any car can be more accurately gauged by driving the car on a relatively straight stretch of road at a consistent speed. The globally accepted industry standard is having it driving around 90km/h in the highest gear. Furthermore, the Lahore dealer is right in his contention that the car requires approximately 5,000 km for settling in fully.

With regards to the issue of you sales certificate and sales invoices and spare car key, kindly intimate to us at the earliest the last four digits of your chassis number so we can look into this matter. It is highly unusual for the sales certificate and sales invoice to not have been delivered to the customer.

With regards to the CNG issue, it is to be noted that the QQ car is highly compatible with a variety of CNG kits from Italian and Argentinean origin such as Landi Renzo, Landi Autogas, Tomasetto Achille, Tomsetto Lavato and a host more. It is to be noted that the only way to avoid getting scammed by fake kits is to go to a reliable place. It is recommended that you may contact Chery Indus Motors in Lahore ( Mr. Khawaja Mehboob – 042-6313166) for a good quality in-house installation of a kit of your requirement. With regards to the choice of cylinders, it depends on the individual choice and budget of the customer to select which cylinder to get installed in their vehicle. The QQ car can easily have a cylinder of up to 50 water litre capacity (usually referred to as a 50 kg cylinder in the local market). However, there are several other variables which determine the price and cost of the cylinders which include the material used for manufacturing (steel cylinders are more heavy for the same capacity as composite material cylinders. Price is always higher for composite material cylinders which are also in short supply).

If you have any further questions or queries, kindly feel
    free to contact us at anytime.

Customer Support Team
    Pakistan Chery Automobile (Pvt.) Ltd
    Building 2-C, 12th Commercial Street
    Phase II Extn, D.H.A.
    Karachi
    Tel: +92-21-5899197-8
    Fax: +92-21-5387844
    Email: info@pakchery.com
    Url: http://www.pakchery.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 114 AM
    To: info@pakchery.com

Hi,

Thanks a lot for responding to my e-mail so quickly. I really appreciate it. However i must say that the consumption is still too high. I realize that hard acceleration/braking and rpms above 3k cause high fuel usage but my driving is gentle and i keep rpms below 3k but consumption is still around 10km/l which is very low for urban driving with AC. My old Khyber did a lot more than this and i expect better from QQ. I have talked to the dealer (Perfect Chery) and although he was pretty insistent that its normal and consumption will improve by 5000kms (i refuse to wait that long) but he has agreed to try to do something on my next visit when i go to collect the invoice

That brings me to my second issue - i bought the car on May 20th and its now June 14th - almost a month has passed and i have not received the invoice (it should be in my mother's name - Txxxx). When i bought the car the dealer assured me that i would receive it (along with the spare key) within 2 weeks. Kindly expedite.

Now to the third and most important issue - CNG. I have to get the car filled with Rs.500 worth of petrol everyday (and it runs just 88kms on it, which is too low), this is a lot of burden and i bought the small car thinking that it would be fuel efficient and i would'nt have to buy so much fuel all the time. So now I want to get CNG fitted in it as soon as possible as the petrol cost is just too much. I've been to several CNG fitters/shops here in Lahore but the market is very confusing (there are several kits, different makes of emulators, advancers and then there are hard to spok fakes too) and i dont know who to trust or which kit and accessories (type of emmulator/advancer) to get. If you could kindly guide me i would appreciate it.

Regards,

Obaid D.
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obii1 you are very lucky to get response from chery corportation .i also mailed them some time back but never got a reply. any how, my cherry's engine light turned on while drving. previoulsy it happended and i took it straight to the dealer. he could not make out what the problem was but simply said that they had to reset ecu .they charged me 250 rupees. i had previously discuused this problem on this forum. some person said that he faced this problem regularly.however when he takes this car to 4500 rpm at 4th gear,engine light turns off. this time i followed his advice and to my amazment the engine light turned off. one of the reason i think this problem occurs is to drive this car at higher rpm in lower gears. can you ask cherry corportation why this happens.

however i think i should mention that once this engine light turned off. i took it straight to murree. and it did not give any problem. after that i took it twice to murree. power steering makes the cornering lot more thrilling.
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comments at 2800kms:

Hi everyone,
    It seems my initial analysis was incorrect. After driving the car on full tank for 3 days i refilled it and to my disappointment the consumption has not improved i got 17.7 ltr of petrol (Rs.1024) and car had driven 189 kms which comes to a fuel economy of 10.7kms/l.

This is not acceptable. Going to take it back to dealer tomorrow, will let u know how it turns out.
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well dear, before going to dealer you should consider wether you were driving the car in ideal conditions. Tire pressure,driving style,road congestion, traFFIC signals, and air condition effects the fuel consumption. other than that number of passanger also effect. if you put cng ,fuel consumtion on petrol will futher decrease due to additional weight. belive me ,these cherry personnal know lot less than what people on pakwheel know. so discuss your problem here and you mght get a better responnse.
    --

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

User Tag List