Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Imported Hybrid Cars in Lahore, Toyota Prius ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Imported Hybrid Cars in Lahore, Toyota Prius ?

Hi ,

I have seen now 3,4 Toyota Prius running on roads of Lahore so it means dealers are importing these cars from Japan and people are buying them too...
    so my questions is that as this car is a Hybrid so are the mechanics for this car available in Lahore and also its spare parts ?

Thanks,
    Maverick

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As this is using the Hybrid technology, I think the local mechanics are not able to really service the car.

Unless IMC brings the car in too. Than we are talking!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

prius in Pakistan are 1st generation NHW10 saw few in Karachi sometime back. but the duty is charged according to engine cc

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Hi ,

I have seen now 3,4 Toyota Prius running on roads of Lahore so it means dealers are importing these cars from Japan and people are buying them too...
    so my questions is that as this car is a Hybrid so are the mechanics for this car available in Lahore and also its spare parts ?

Thanks,
    Maverick
    You Mean t

Imported Hybrid Cars in Lahore Toyota Prius ? -323695

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

thats not prius :s
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive seen about 7 to 8 CIVIC HYBRIDS in izloo..... n a lots of others... even my neighbor used to own two of em.... 1 was the 04 model n the other o7 model....
    04 Toyota Vitz Fl
    08 Toyota Corolla 2.0d SAloon SR

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and from 2012 all cars are going to change in hybrid system honda civic 1300cc is giving 50km milege in 1lt petrol so

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ carchase: Kindly tell me your contact number,My cell no is 03335441881

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

True - lately I also tried my hand on a 1st Gen Prius NHW10 in Karachi but returned the car and got refund because the battery was DONE & over prius forums and inquiries revealed that battery replacment will cost me US$1500 + freight & taxes.

@carchase - for how much you can deliver a CAMRY Hybrid 2009 to Karachi after taxes at any showroom in Karachi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've seen a prius in dha Lahore but a driver is driving it always and seeing how he drives the car, I doubt the electric motor ever kicks in...

50km/hr... I don't think so.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Toyota Crown Hybrid.

Imported Hybrid Cars in Lahore, Toyota Prius ? - Photo0092

Imported Hybrid Cars in Lahore, Toyota Prius ? - Photo0093
    http://www.sohcmydohc.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)

if you take your beloved hybrid to your favorite service station - be prepared to divorce your wife as you will have no money left when you take it for repairs (If you can find a mechanic/dealership that will touch it) - the mechanicals are easy, the high current electrics are not.

they are only worth buying if you have a proper dealership that can service it properly. The job risks for the mechanics are high too.

anyway - a person in Karachi had a Prius which he converted to CNG, and the AWESOMELY STUPID CNG mechanic had a hard time rigging it but he did. So the drive cycle was

sit - push button, ready - Drive - 35 km/h engine start,,,, - convert to CNG - drive - stop. drive, engine start on petrol then convert to CNG. - his Prius had issues as the CNG engine could not produce enough torque to run MG1 in the transmission as the system was expecting - it went into "clumsy mode"...
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so it meanz ppl who have bought PRIUS or any other hybrid are either stupid or have some secret mechanic ... as I dont think official Toyota service station has any kind of expertise of hybrid engine...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a fresh import civic hybrid silver color 40k on the odo scratchless car.
    car can be seen in lahore dha
    contact 03028445655

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^please mention more details and price
    I always learn from the mistake of those who take my advice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    so it meanz ppl who have bought PRIUS or any other hybrid are either stupid or have some secret mechanic ... as I dont think official Toyota service station has any kind of expertise of hybrid engine...
    They will have the same fate like the mistubishi GDI engines - all cars became basket cases and were left to rust in peace or "ENGINE SWAP" you might be seeing 4EFE prii' in Pakistan very soon. And hybrid civics which have regular D engines.

I know many mechanics working in dealerships in the UK and even a few here, they say that not all mechanics are allowed to work on hybrid vehicle drive systems as the 600V battery has no mercy in taking your soul if you play around with the power unit. The new hybrids have A/C compressors that have the high current feed system - meaning that there is no engine load with A/C and there is no requirement of engine run to turn the A/C compressor.

Brakes and mechanicals are easy, and the 12V system is the same as any other but the drive system has its own silly operating system which is not fun when it goes bananas. - There are very windows like troubleshooting steps to it, like get out lock car for 10 minutes get back in and attempt to run (call me oldschool but if there is an angry mob after you to burn your car in Karachi I'll trust the twist of the key to actually start the engine - not for the O/S to boot and determine whats the most fuel effecient way to drive right now)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    if you take your beloved hybrid to your favorite service station - be prepared to divorce your wife as you will have no money left when you take it for repairs (If you can find a mechanic/dealership that will touch it) - the mechanicals are easy, the high current electrics are not.

they are only worth buying if you have a proper dealership that can service it properly. The job risks for the mechanics are high too.

anyway - a person in Karachi had a Prius which he converted to CNG, and the AWESOMELY STUPID CNG mechanic had a hard time rigging it but he did. So the drive cycle was

sit - push button, ready - Drive - 35 km/h engine start,,,, - convert to CNG - drive - stop. drive, engine start on petrol then convert to CNG. - his Prius had issues as the CNG engine could not produce enough torque to run MG1 in the transmission as the system was expecting - it went into "clumsy mode"...
    n

He bought a hybrid. An eco-box and than wanted even more mileage from it? I mean, I couldn't resist think but I am damn sure this AWESOME man would've converted Honda fifty on cng if he had one.
    Nothing to see here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToofaneBatameezi View Post
    n

He bought a hybrid. An eco-box and than wanted even more mileage from it? I mean, I couldn't resist think but I am damn sure this AWESOME man would've converted Honda fifty on cng if he had one.
    Lets say he was of the same people that are actually driving Honda 50s with LPG tanks on their sides.. if you think hard enough you'll get my drift.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I really want say it in punjaabi!!:
    Ae Kaira mahan khatreeian da pio ae jinay Hybrid nu vee CNG te Convert kra laiya si , Chalo Prado nu CNG te karanda te Hor gal si !!!
    PW is Too MUCH POLLUTED!! Im HOPELESS!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets say he was of the same people that are actually driving Honda 50s with LPG tanks on their sides.. if you think hard enough you'll get my drift.
    YES! I have seen those I remember on NIPA. Uncle completely misunderstood the carriage it had.

CNG soong k chalti hay....Uncle brought a change.
    Nothing to see here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List