What is the ideal tyre size for Vitz for driving in Karachi

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Hello!
    its
    165/65-70-r13
    or for some better grip chose 175/70/r13.....don't exceed above that...its enough
    genuine comes with 155/70/R13......
    Thanxx
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

nak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is right
    http://www.pro-pakistan.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power...(Abraham Lincoln)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is right and he is wrong....175-70-13 is the wrong size as it off by more than 5%. The other sizes are ok

mnaeem...check the tire size calculator in the technical section.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it..and so restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But my concern is also about the low hieght of car.I want to increase height of car should I go for Yokohoma 185/65/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

generally...ppl will lower the height rather than to increase the height. raising the stock height can be dangerous...unless you are carrying hundres of pounds of weight in your car all the time.

on a sharp turn....you may flip over and there may be a good cost involved in getting new shocks and springs.

i donget ur problem...are u worried about ground clearance or your problem is grip? cuz u earlier asked about tires.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it..and so restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Hello!
    mnaeem....how 185 65 r13 gonna increase in height....for increment...have to change dia and aspect ratio.........but i won't suggest that....
    175 are best to fit.....Vitz got no grip problem at all...problem is that rear springs are much softer and ground clearance is lesser......result...it hits with 3 ppl on a speed breaker and here in KHi...there are no speed breakers..they are simply car breakers.....so rather you get some good softy springs with some more coils that can increase its height a bit......
    175 width is max....putting 185 makes steering much heavy....
    Thanxxx
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its a 1300cc vvti and ur gonna run it on petrol, then do not hesitate to put 185s
    Alpha Romeo 156

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

for the 1000cc & 1300cc its 175/65R14 standard,.. hopefully i'll be fitting 205/45R16's soon on the vitz i'm buying tomorrow.

If your going to upgrade your rims make sure the PCD is 4x100 and ET is between 38 & 45.

Alta i'm all packed!!
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

storm...are u sure u can go 205-45-16 on the vitz...thats a two size up from 185-65-14 and not 175. check again...i have the 205-45-16 on my civic. for a vitz...it will be big and the tire might rub..here is the size on my car...the black civic.

Ideal tyre size for Vitz -649205

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Salman bhai i checked that 205/45R16's just fit under the arches (while maintaining the original rolling diameter of the OEM tyre) btu i'll have to shave the inner lips of the arches. So i'm probably going to go for 185/55R15's instead. rims will have to be 14x5.5J with a P.C.D of 4x100 and an ET of 45. If i stick with these numbers i will not have to modify anything (will make driving the car easyfor my wife)

BTW i also had 205/45R16's on my EK6
    Ideal tyre size for Vitz -651093
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List