DO’S & DONT’S
TYRE CARE TIPS FOR PASSENGER CAR TYRES
- Check air pressure in all your tyres, including the spare, once every week preferably from the same outlet. Tyres should be cold when checking pressure. Drive to an outlet, preferably when the tyres are cold. Maintaining proper air pressure will ensure good fuel economy & a longer life of the tyres.
- Rotate your tyres every six months or say 10000 kilometers distance covered or whichever comes first. Rotation should be simple. Front left should move to rear left and this tyre should move to front left position. Similar is the case with the right side.
- Align your wheels every six months. Due to ruts and even protruding “cats eyes” alignment gets disturbed and tyre will wear out faster from any one side. Fuel economy will reduce.
- Purchase well-known brands that carry warrantee. It is better to buy once and cry once than to keep crying when you go for used or very cheap tyres with no warranty.(Used tyres have hidden injuries which are repaired & disguised. Such tyres can cause serious blow outs while driving.)
- Never buy a used tyre whose history you do not know.
- Never reduce air pressure when traveling long distance as this will generate more rolling resistance, more heat and could result in a blowout. Remember heat is the worst enemy of tyre.
- Never purchase bigger or heavier tyres as they add weight to the rims, increasing fuel consumption and possibly damaging the suspension.
- Never buy low aspect ratio tyres (i.etyres with small heights or sidewalls) as such tyres are very hard and will ruin your suspension unless the car manufacturer puts in such tyres as original equipment.
- For our roads and climatic conditions purchase tyres that are not too soft and neither too hard as such tyres will give longer life.
- Always use the vehicle manufacturer recommended tyre size and ply rating for better mileage and safety.
- Whenever the tyre gets a puncture, always repair the tyre from a proper tyre repairer shop and use cold patches.
“CARE FOR YOUR TYRES AS THEY CARE FOR YOU”