0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Accord Engine Swap

I have an Accord 87 1.6 Auto i.e. A16A1 Engine in it....
    I want an engine that would serve authentically on petrol
    but what the engine should be, is Automatic, fuel efficient, less costly and more over fits over my cars mounting....
    Suggest me best places in Lahore and Pindi.....
    if you want to know why i want another engine, its because my engines head cylinder and manifold hav been completly compromised.... my piston block has been ruined because of recent engine seizure due heating....

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

D16 from the 96-2000 VTi.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for d15 or d16 but if u want to make yr car a rocket do for f22b(94-97 accord's engine)

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

d15 would be under a lot of stress provided his chassis is bigger than a civics. D16 imo would be ideal even though it's still a civic engine :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai app ye wale engine swap kar sakte ho A16A EDM 90PS, A18A JDM 111PS, B18A JDM 130PS, A20A1 USDM 99PS, A20A3 USDM 120PS, A20A4 EDM 122PS, B20A2 137 PS EDM, B20A JDM 16PS.

A16A1 buhat acha, raliable aur economical engine hai, bigger engines expensive aur powerful hein B series buhat expensive hein aur available nahin hein cause different from Civic short stroke B series.

Aap ko bilal gunj ya shershah jaise kabar market mein engine mil jaye gein. Try ke aap ka original engine overhaul ho jaye, ring piston sab mil jate hein, authorized Honda importer ke paas. Swap se resale bhi kam hoti hai aur original engine ki fitting bhi nahi aati.

D series engine is wali Accord mein fit nahin hote engine bay bohat slim hai bilkul sports car ki tarah.Piston aur head 10-13K mein mil jaen ge Karachi mein easily.

Mera naam Waqar hai aur mein 86-89 model ki Accord aur Mercedes ka expert hoon aap ko koi help chahye ho tu I am welcome.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ Engine bay slim like a sports car ? haha bro ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes - that accords engine bay is quite narrow. and you cannot mount any D series engine in that unless you are willing to weld new mount brackets and cut the right chassis leg.

The mount setup in this car is rather strange.

its got 3 main load bearing mounts and all are mounted to the engine, one in front, one in back and one on the T belt side, there are 2 movement limiting torque mounts one about 3 inches block of rubber underneath the engine/transmission and a dog bone torque rod at the top of the engine to the firewall. The transmission has no mounting.

The A16A1 is an iron workhorse, pretty small for the car but the transmission is geared low to make up for the low power, correct maintenance (which is very cheap for this engine) is all you need for it to keep running like new.

There is a JDM 160 hp B20A that fits this accord and one is in Shershah - its incomplete - broken valve cover and no transmission - you need to use your original transmission but need the bell housing from an B18 dual carb integra engine. The ECU is has a PH4 parts code and I have one in my storage in Karachi. -

made a B20A 3rd gen accord once with a full engine/trans package, it was quite nice - torque enough to ignite your tires in the first 2 gears, I also made a F20A gen4 accord and an F20A gen3 accord - major surgery - later put a H22 head on the 4th gen accord - result = short stroke H22 - can you say REV please.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

b20+Auto tranny if you can find one for it torqueyy torqueyyy and please no more b20 vtec advicesss
    Honda Tuning Solutions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The B20A that will fit his car is very rare animal - its the forward tilted engine that only came in the JDM and Euro Accord Si 1986-1989 - it is completely different from the regular off the mill B20 you see being VTEC'd. In fact you cannot put a VTEC head on it - the oil lines and bolt holes dont even match with any VTEC head.

This is the engine

Honda Accord Engine Swap - 15042008571gt2

The F20A I put a H22 head on is coded as PT2 - it came in the JDM Accord Si of 1990-1993 - the engine is a DOHC headed balance shafted engine. Very torquey.

Honda Accord Engine Swap - 12943038ew7
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The B20A that will fit his car is very rare animal - its the forward tilted engine that only came in the JDM and Euro Accord Si 1986-1989 - it is completely different from the regular off the mill B20 you see being VTEC'd. In fact you cannot put a VTEC head on it - the oil lines and bolt holes dont even match with any VTEC head.

This is the engine

Honda Accord Engine Swap - 15042008571gt2

The F20A I put a H22 head on is coded as PT2 - it came in the JDM Accord Si of 1990-1993 - the engine is a DOHC headed balance shafted engine. Very torquey.

Honda Accord Engine Swap - 12943038ew7
    i was talking about the b20b we have piles and piles lying around here cause i only saw one b20a here a Golden-top
    Yes you canot just slap a Vtec head on a b20a(prelude) head you need tons and tons of modification rework all the oil lines and Stud work to match the Vtec head simply a complete head job and a guy on preludepower did it who used to specialize in Frankbuilts said its just not worth it to much time+money+effort and will just be better to slap a H deeeedee
    Honda Tuning Solutions

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my cars head cylinder has completly crashed... and buying another head would be ideal though but A16A1 is doin round about 10km-L max (My car).....
    Can we tweak it like, change the Carb for something like an EFi or something??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alali3091 View Post
    my cars head cylinder has completly crashed... and buying another head would be ideal though but A16A1 is doin round about 10km-L max (My car).....
    Can we tweak it like, change the Carb for something like an EFi or something??

Few years back my 1985 Accord had the problem of carburator as it was not available here in Hyderabad and in Karachi in those days, I replaced it with DATSUN 120Y carburator with bit of alteration, it compromised bit of acceleration but was very economical as 120Y is 1200CC and A16A is 1600CC. Till now its running excellent as per the guy who I have sold the car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

alali3091 zulfiqar bhai ne aap ko bilkul sahi guide kiya hai.

Aap ko complete head Karachi mein mil jaye ga both chinese and original, absolutely no need to put any H22 or B20B in your car, aap ki car buhat problem kare gi. CRV ke engine forward inclining nahi aur wiring bhi har koi nahi kar sakta, USDM engine ki diagram bhi nahi mile gi. Aap ki car ka transmission C9 hai, buhat torque nahi utha sakta 115-130 NM max when new, do not push 25 year old tranny.

Zulfiqar bhai jaise log aap ko lahore ya karachi mein nahi milen ge aur aap buhat tension mein aa jao ge. Aap ko automatic linkage mein bhi modification karne pare gi nahi tu gear upshift or kickdown mein bhi jerk feel ho gi. Cng par backfire bhi hoga agar correct ignition ya mixture nahi ho, EFI mein bohat sare sensor hote hein CNG par buhat trouble karte hein especially auto transmission mein.

aap 32/36dgev ya buhat power chahiye tu 38dges twin barrel carb kabar market mein find karo aap ki car 1st gear mein 50km/hr easily touch kare gi. uis mein 32mm ka primary aur 38 mm ka secondary down draft barrel hai, pehle first open hoga, full accelerator par 38mm ka open hoga, electric choke bhi hai, 38dges mein 2 38mm ki barrel eik sath open hoti hein full accelerator aur petrol par aap ko eagle eye civic bhi back view miroe mein nazar aaye gi, fuel consumption will increase. Aap ko CNG ki achi imported venturi plaza se mil jaye gi aur Landi renzo STAP 100B advancer bhi mil jaye ga.

Karachi mein plaza market mein new bhi mil jaye ga but 15-19K Rs ka hoga, chinese one. Rings/Pistons, valve clearance, ignition timing distributor service or compression testing ke baad aap ka engine bilkul naya ho jaye ga.

If you want to A20A3 or A18A swap is best, there is no replacement for displacement.

Mere paas 500 pages ka technician manual bhi hai CA4/5 85-89 Accord aur Mercedes W124 W202 or BMW E36 ka. If you want mein aap ko email bhi kar doon ga.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about swapping in a f20a? or probably a b18?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mounting points for the F and H are similar - major surgery required. B18 twin carburettor for this accord maybe available in shershah - I used to see a few there, it would look like an integra engine but the transmission would have no mounting boss. The head has square ports for the intake and the air filter box is mounted to the back of them, The air filter used is the same as the A16 one. Very rev happy engine.

The B18 of civics have mounting points made for civics/integras and share the same points as the D engines.

Unless you are willing to cut off major sections of steel from the unibody (front chassis leg) to accomodate the transmission of the H or F series engines, your choice is limited.

16. 19-09-2012, 01:26 AM

Site Banned

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please mail me accord manual on this email or recklessdevil_666@yahoo.com is pe send kar dain please ill be thankful

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Waqar bhai. I am looking for changing my accord engine or its overhaul and interior and denting painting.. please guide here or at harunkhan1@gmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A20A Engine replace with A20A4 EFI

Dear Waqar,

I just purchazed engine A20A4 for my honda accord 1987 with automatic gare and replacement process is goin on.

Can you send us the tecnician manual 500 pages which you can send us to help for engine instalation,kindly email us at my addres a.s.a.p. ( syed.mumtazhasan.rizvi@gmail.com )

I need advise for engine oil which i sellect to put in engine is synthatic 5-30 what you suggest ?
    That engine come from japan as per my order and I think engine oil is used for is synthatic oil that's why I prefere to use as same.

For automatic gare and power staring oil what you suggest Mr Waqar ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    alali3091 zulfiqar bhai ne aap ko bilkul sahi guide kiya hai.

Aap ko complete head Karachi mein mil jaye ga both chinese and original, absolutely no need to put any H22 or B20B in your car, aap ki car buhat problem kare gi. CRV ke engine forward inclining nahi aur wiring bhi har koi nahi kar sakta, USDM engine ki diagram bhi nahi mile gi. Aap ki car ka transmission C9 hai, buhat torque nahi utha sakta 115-130 NM max when new, do not push 25 year old tranny.

Zulfiqar bhai jaise log aap ko lahore ya karachi mein nahi milen ge aur aap buhat tension mein aa jao ge. Aap ko automatic linkage mein bhi modification karne pare gi nahi tu gear upshift or kickdown mein bhi jerk feel ho gi. Cng par backfire bhi hoga agar correct ignition ya mixture nahi ho, EFI mein bohat sare sensor hote hein CNG par buhat trouble karte hein especially auto transmission mein.

aap 32/36dgev ya buhat power chahiye tu 38dges twin barrel carb kabar market mein find karo aap ki car 1st gear mein 50km/hr easily touch kare gi. uis mein 32mm ka primary aur 38 mm ka secondary down draft barrel hai, pehle first open hoga, full accelerator par 38mm ka open hoga, electric choke bhi hai, 38dges mein 2 38mm ki barrel eik sath open hoti hein full accelerator aur petrol par aap ko eagle eye civic bhi back view miroe mein nazar aaye gi, fuel consumption will increase. Aap ko CNG ki achi imported venturi plaza se mil jaye gi aur Landi renzo STAP 100B advancer bhi mil jaye ga.

Karachi mein plaza market mein new bhi mil jaye ga but 15-19K Rs ka hoga, chinese one. Rings/Pistons, valve clearance, ignition timing distributor service or compression testing ke baad aap ka engine bilkul naya ho jaye ga.

If you want to A20A3 or A18A swap is best, there is no replacement for displacement.

Mere paas 500 pages ka technician manual bhi hai CA4/5 85-89 Accord aur Mercedes W124 W202 or BMW E36 ka. If you want mein aap ko email bhi kar doon ga.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syedrizvi1 View Post
    Dear Waqar,

I just purchazed engine A20A4 for my honda accord 1987 with automatic gare and replacement process is goin on.

Can you send us the tecnician manual 500 pages which you can send us to help for engine instalation,kindly email us at my addres a.s.a.p. ( syed.mumtazhasan.rizvi@gmail.com )

I need advise for engine oil which i sellect to put in engine is synthatic 5-30 what you suggest ?
    That engine come from japan as per my order and I think engine oil is used for is synthatic oil that's why I prefere to use as same.

For automatic gare and power staring oil what you suggest Mr Waqar ?

Thanks
    Honda A series engine are very happy with delo gold mind sharing price of engine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Delo Gold Synethetic or Magnatic ?