Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Restoration Project - Honda Accord 1984

Dear All,

I am new on Pak Wheels. Wanted to share the restoration project of Honda Accord 1984. The car in question is owned by the family for quite some time now. It has done over 200,000 Km and is still running smoothly. However, the body had recently undergone major restoration, which I'm sharing.
    Restoration Project - Honda Accord 1984 -380237 Restoration Project - Honda Accord 1984 -380238

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good project and nicely done.

You made me remember my old days with this lovely model.

Used this for few years and best thing was its multi flow, as you don't have to adjust the A/C vents to avoid cool draft to your left shoulder.
    MADE IN WAZIRABAD.............................RUNNING IN FAISALABAD..........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I still have a spare head light set with me.
    MADE IN WAZIRABAD.............................RUNNING IN FAISALABAD..........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you ran your engine with load on 3000 rpm with it dead cold???? WHY??

The oil leak you see on the transmission housing is most probably from the distributor O ring, it always leaks if you move the distributor to adv/ret timing and it has an old O ring in it, For remedy I had about 10 of the Orings in the trunk at all times. Secondly is your engine timed correctly?? I cannot even count the number of cars with this engine that have incorrectly installed timing belt, which causes stupid weak and hot running and makes the engine sound wheezy.

The original sound of this Honda engine is quite rorty when accelerating (like a BMW 4 cyl engine) but very quiet under no load because its an iron block, to get it proper the timing needs to be accurately set, the TDC mark for the crank is on the flywheel which can be viewed from the little window on the transmission where it joins the engine and right under the engine number. There is a mark on the crank timing cog with no corresponding mark on the block but its the alignment mark for an OEM Honda timing belt.

The cam pulley marks are self explanatory when you see them.

Also note that this transmission requires anti foaming 10W30 ENGINE OIL not gear oil, Best for this purpose is Caltex Delo Gold 15W40 - it will take 2.5 litres, when you fill it, you will also notice that the speed sensitive steering will actually start to work. and feel that the power assist of the steering really works backwards when the car is in speeds above 100 km/h - Ultra smooth shifting and faster acceleration would be an added benefit.

You should also be using coolant in this engine because its an iron block and it can rust very badly which may eat away the waterpump housing cone specially if you use a water pump that has an impeller with no backplate, if that corrodes out there is no way that the engine will ever cool down because the waterpump impeller will never function and move coolant, The cone is cast into the block (stupid design).
    how to judge the timing is accurate or not what tool I will need second how reliable the transmission (manual one) is of this car becoz I know a previous owner of my car abused it @Xulfiqar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    how to judge the timing is accurate or not what tool I will need second how reliable the transmission (manual one) is of this car becoz I know a previous owner of my car abused it @Xulfiqar
    you will need to remove the top timing cover to expose the cam pulley.

rotate the engine and watch the pointer in the little window which is beneath the distributor area, you will see the flywheel and it will then show marks on it, the T mark is the TDC mark - stop the engine there.

check the cam pulley, it has the word TOP written on it, it should be at top (if at bottom then rotate engine once again to TDC at flywheel) and then two lines on the cam pulley should align with the surface of the cylinder head/tappet cover joint. If its not aligned then the belt requires reinstallation.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default hello, i wonder from where you get those bumper hockey in so much cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Accordian View Post
    Break Lights, Side view mirrors, hockeys for the front bumper and the door moldings were bought from Magzine Line from various shops. Master switch for power windows was bought from the market adjacent to the Magzine Line. Sorry, cannot remember the names of the shops.

The cost for all the genuine parts:

1. Break Lights - Rs. 2,250/- each
    2. Hockeys for front bumper - Rs. 300/- each
    3. Door Molding - Rs. 450/- each (03 purchased)
    4. Master Switch - Rs. 900/-
    5. Side view mirror - Rs. 250/- each (the originals were intact but purchased as it seems a good deal )

Total purchases from Magzine line Rs. 7,250/-

I got lucky for the master switch as it is not available in the market.

hello, i wonder from where you get those bumper hockey in so much cheap, can you tell

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you very much. Very rightly pointed, multi flow is a blessing in this car. Have a weak motor for the blower nevertheless multi flow compensate it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    Good project and nicely done.

You made me remember my old days with this lovely model.

Used this for few years and best thing was its multi flow, as you don't have to adjust the A/C vents to avoid cool draft to your left shoulder.
    Thank you very much. Very rightly pointed, multi flow is a blessing in this car. Have a weak motor for the blower nevertheless multi flow compensate it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great Restoration, some of the pictures on page 5 are not loading, can you fix them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

User Tag List