Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: A Hot one here..performance upgrade for accord

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    sarsalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default A Hot one here..performance upgrade for accord

    hey pkwheelers...

    im thinking bout making my 1983 Accord a lil bit more quicker...any suggestions ?
    what shud i go for ? Turbo ?
    Dont want to spend a lot of money neither wanna hurt my car's feeling by swapping engine or sumthing...its not that its slow...its does a fine job...just wanna make it a little more quicker..
    Nothing but self satisfaction is required.


  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    sarsalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omerdragoon View Post
    try taking weight off of it get rid of the AC in the hood get rid of anything extra including ur rear seats check ur wheel bearings get them newly greased up try making ur wheels as much friction less as much as possible get some light weight rims . id rather get a swap
    thanx for the suggestions mate...did all that !
    id say u can feel the difference when runnning on petrol...makes no difference on cng !

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    born_2b_wild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarsalan View Post
    TO all the smarty pants who dont knw **** about Accords...plz dont waste ur breath..
    no offense brotha but all the people who commented on ur threads do know what they are talking about..to be honest ur accord isnt much of a speed demon..even i feel my 85 corolla is speed when i run it on petrol but wait till u sit in one with a swapped motor..u would know the difference..
    Live To Ride ..... Ride To Live
    https://www.facebook.com/seeyouinmyrearviewmirror

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    sarsalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by born_2b_wild View Post
    no offense brotha but all the people who commented on ur threads do know what they are talking about..to be honest ur accord isnt much of a speed demon..even i feel my 85 corolla is speed when i run it on petrol but wait till u sit in one with a swapped motor..u would know the difference..
    mate...accord needz alotta torque just to move...its one heavy ride...nd new motors are made for newer lighter models of cars...swapping on large blocks is possiblle though but the motors mentioned here by ppl are of no use..i wud have to keep the rpm on 2X or more probably just to move the car....do wiki on accords and their engines u will know what im saying

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    rickvanholden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowresolution View Post
    Throw the CNG out and it will feel quicker for sure .

    Oh and BTW don`t fall for intake/ exhaust etc etc . They won`t do anything except for reduction in the weight of your pocket ..
    Really? I always thought a free flow exhaust would increase HP!!!! Is this wrong?

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aqibasit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,178
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Remove the Air blockage which is used to tune the car..
    Free flow exhaust with straight pipe..
    Headers..
    Intake..
    Performance plugs and wires..
    Remove the CNG and drive it on petrol.. Will surely improve
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    urstillfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @sarsalan, bro i dnt thnk u understand wat ur talkin about here,, u wanna make it fast OR u wanna "preserve" the "feelings" of ur car...???!!
    Its lyk saying,,"i REALLY wanna do it, except that i DONT wanna do it"...
    swapping a motor is the best option for u ryt nw...
    as for going turbo,, its more then just sticking a turbo into ur engine bay,, its complicated...

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bhai aap CNG nikal do air intake full open kar do aur shershah se dual barell Weber carburettor laga do yeh gari A18A1 engine par reborn aur altis ko peche chor deti hai.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    bass.lover1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    19
    Posts
    442
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    no mod will work on Carby engine

    time to swap or simply sell ur car

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    CarSaaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,648
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dear Brother Arsalan

    Hope you are doing well.

    I endorse your sentiments for the 83 accord... Its without a doubt an icon of its time. I had one till 1989 and sold it with a heavy heart. Lets have a look at the situation at hand

    Pros

    1-Legandary icon with enough orignal bells and whistles to knock of the boys of lala land.
    2-Amazing driving position
    3-Enough room to swap a monster
    4-Reliable parts distributor available at plaza
    5-Shes a keeper if you have the budget to transform and the patience to endure the beating it takes to keep her in prime state

    cons

    1-Aging- Oh how much i hate this term....an old car in Karachi.......
    2-Expensive genuine parts
    3-experienced workshops
    4-Resale (return on investment) issue
    5-Nostalgia versus practicability

    You need to keep various points in mind before making a sound judgment for the future of your accord. Alot of the boys here will give you thousands of suggestions but in the end its you who has to make the decision after all its your fund,effort and car...

    my advice would be to keep her stock.... shes a mid size luxury vehicle with the best possible features to make one content....
    Keep every thing stock and try to find the best tuner... do get the carburetor checked. There is a guy at tariq road by the name of Abdul Rehman, hes the 2nd best in the business offering amazing results. Hes aged which is why his assistants do the job. once done check out the engine , are the rings , tappits , valves , timing etc all in place.... oil and water has to be va va voom. lastly the tyres , get r-13 155 on orignal stock wheels with decent wheel caps....

    our road conditions and traffic are extremely challenging for old cars ..... new local ones.... what can i say they are already low quality...

    you need to fit in the rare extras that used to come optional with it including the electro Gyro-Cator. The worlds first automated commercial navigation system which came in the accord.

    please share pics of your car , interior , engine bay , trunk , etc

    looking forward......
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    CarSaaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,648
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Bhai aap CNG nikal do air intake full open kar do aur shershah se dual barell Weber carburettor laga do yeh gari A18A1 engine par reborn aur altis ko peche chor deti hai.

    yes both altis and reborn parking mein khari hotee hain aur accord wala akilay bhaga raha hota hai.

    oh comon braddy bhai

    i would like to see that......
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. "If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    sarsalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarSaaz View Post
    Dear Brother Arsalan

    Hope you are doing well.

    I endorse your sentiments for the 83 accord... Its without a doubt an icon of its time. I had one till 1989 and sold it with a heavy heart. Lets have a look at the situation at hand

    Pros

    1-Legandary icon with enough orignal bells and whistles to knock of the boys of lala land.
    2-Amazing driving position
    3-Enough room to swap a monster
    4-Reliable parts distributor available at plaza
    5-Shes a keeper if you have the budget to transform and the patience to endure the beating it takes to keep her in prime state

    cons

    1-Aging- Oh how much i hate this term....an old car in Karachi.......
    2-Expensive genuine parts
    3-experienced workshops
    4-Resale (return on investment) issue
    5-Nostalgia versus practicability

    You need to keep various points in mind before making a sound judgment for the future of your accord. Alot of the boys here will give you thousands of suggestions but in the end its you who has to make the decision after all its your fund,effort and car...

    my advice would be to keep her stock.... shes a mid size luxury vehicle with the best possible features to make one content....
    Keep every thing stock and try to find the best tuner... do get the carburetor checked. There is a guy at tariq road by the name of Abdul Rehman, hes the 2nd best in the business offering amazing results. Hes aged which is why his assistants do the job. once done check out the engine , are the rings , tappits , valves , timing etc all in place.... oil and water has to be va va voom. lastly the tyres , get r-13 155 on orignal stock wheels with decent wheel caps....

    our road conditions and traffic are extremely challenging for old cars ..... new local ones.... what can i say they are already low quality...

    you need to fit in the rare extras that used to come optional with it including the electro Gyro-Cator. The worlds first automated commercial navigation system which came in the accord.

    please share pics of your car , interior , engine bay , trunk , etc

    looking forward......
    Sir i feel ashamed to reply to you after such a long time * On my own thread...i mean where was i

    i hope you will feel glad that i kept the car stock
    still running on that old beast EL1 engine..its almost a miracle that its running fine...
    recently payed a visit to my extended family in sukkur on this car...and sir i assure you there is no other comparison of this car with any sedan of that era...its pure pleasure on highway *Except for the highway itself

    i will try to take some pictures and post them soon enough
    1983' Honda Accord,2008' HaoJiang Tiger 150cc,1993' Suzuki GS500E,1980' Triumph ThunderBird,1976' Honda CD 175 ( rolling restoration),1983' Suzuki GSX400s (needs attention)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •