Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Turbo charging Honda accord cl7

Dear Experts,

I am thinking of installing a turbo on my honda accord cl7. Currently the car is in outstanding condition, but i somehow feel the need for a little more speed

Is there anyone here who has done somthing similar ? or can anyone advise me on below question

1. What size of turbo to use ? psi ?
    2. how much modification will be needed ?
    3. Where to find a good mechanic in isb/rwp ?
    4. very important question: where can i find a turbo,intercooler, ECU and blow off valve in isb/rwp ? i think mitho khan ka hatta near sadar should be a good option ?
    5. How feasible it is to use turbo from diesel accord iCDTI ?
    7. money is not an issue, but how much do i need ?
    6. Should i even go for it or not ? i dont wanna mess up this beautiful car.

Thanks in advance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i thin it would be better if you go for the engine and transmission of cl7 euro R ...both are 2000cc but its more powerful and comes with manual transmission..
    Live To Ride ..... Ride To Live
    https://www.facebook.com/seeyouinmyrearviewmirror

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u can find boltonn turbo or supercharger kit.aur kuch hau na hau will definately mess auto transmission

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@born_2b_wild : i have thought about that but it very hard to find k20 from euro R and that too with 6 speed manual trans. and not to mention its gonna cost alot. I was more interested in turbo as i find it very cool and exciting.
    @wasay ahmed:can you explain a bit more ? why would a turbo not work with auto transmission ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Turbo works in my car with automatic transmission but its DSG (Dual clutch transmission)

Quote Originally Posted by zilgen View Post
    @born_2b_wild : i have thought about that but it very hard to find k20 from euro R and that too with 6 speed manual trans. and not to mention its gonna cost alot. I was more interested in turbo as i find it very cool and exciting.
    @wasay ahmed:can you explain a bit more ? why would a turbo not work with auto transmission ?
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ur auto tranny will burn out with extra bhp.
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Teeboyuk View Post
    Ur auto tranny will burn out with extra bhp.
    specially honda aato metick ghear.

they are flimsy as it is
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/per...charged-accord

This might help you.

BTW, you can get a CL9 Accord's K24 motor only (head assembly) for around 70k. That's a bolt on swap, it'd cost you about the same, it'd be more fuel economical, reliable, and trouble free.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks guys ... decided not to go for turbo ... may be some other mods like headers or smth .. already have K&N intake and DC sports performance muffler ....any other suggestions ?

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suggestion? Sure: get rid of that K&N thingy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uiv View Post
    Suggestion? Sure: get rid of that K&N thingy.
    Why ? i think pretty good ... i could feel the difference in throttle response when i installed it ... good reviews as well.

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why ? i think pretty good ... i could feel the difference in throttle response when i installed it ... good reviews as well.
    It'd give you an even better response if you remove the whole intake all together.
    It's probably giving you a better response because it is allowing more (unfiltered) air into the engine. Now it may sound cool, and feel nipper, but the dust will take it's toll upon your engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It'd give you an even better response if you remove the whole intake all together.
    It's probably giving you a better response because it is allowing more (unfiltered) air into the engine. Now it may sound cool, and feel nipper, but the dust will take it's toll upon your engine.
    But in that case the effect is not felt as the wallet is not lighter, you need to buy the most 'spensive cone filter for the most shove of the butt on seat dyno.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sell cl7 and buy euro r
    "It ain't a motor unless its a rotor"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they actually have a better air flow , but also retain more dirt due to the fact that the dirt particles get trapped in the oil . all washable air filters do this .
    20 yrs ago before k& n were the BRAND , they were using washable air filters on 2 stroke dirt bikes to much success.
    AND never had any problems with them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

copied from KnN filter FAQs:

24. More airflow means you are letting more dirt through, right?

No. Filtration testing measures the percentage of dust retained before the filter reaches a terminal test pressure, often 10" of restriction above initial restriction. We use airflow as a simplified term to explain a more complicated physical process. The more precise description is restriction: K&N air filters create less restriction which helps an engine run better. An engine will only use the air it needs and our air filters do not result in an engine using more air than necessary. Rather, they result in the engine experiencing less restriction. The terms airflow and restriction are inversely related. Our air filters provide either less restriction at a fixed airflow rate; or more airflow as a fixed level of restriction. In neither case is more air being used than necessary.

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you believe all that? I mean, better flow, better air cleaning, nothing to lose?
    It's more or less like running car on water, everyone's a winner. Except for the poor mistress Physics. She's screwed big time.

So, in essence they're trying to reduce pumping losses? And what about resonance?
    But your iVTEC come with a variable geometry intake runner to compensate for that, from the factory.

Look mate, these little Japanese motorbike company engines are not 60s hot rods, where you can put a simple mods like intake and exhaust, etc to extract more power. They come from the factory with the best package of power:economy:reliability to ensure you're getting every bit of hp for each bit of CC you're running.
    If it were as simple as an intake, to extract more power, and yet more filtration- why'd not it come as standard from the factory?
    Why did they bother with K series iVTEC when all they needed to do was to install an intake on old H and F VTEC engines?

That said, try this:
    remove the intake pipe from the throttle body of your 2l motor, and try to cover it with the palm of your hand with WOT. Do share the kind of force you experienced. That is unrestricted flow.
    What kind of non restrictive filter, with small pores and high filtration, would survive that?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they actually have a better air flow , but also retain more dirt due to the fact that the dirt particles get trapped in the oil . all washable air filters do this .
    20 yrs ago before k& n were the BRAND , they were using washable air filters on 2 stroke dirt bikes to much success.
    AND never had any problems with them
    copied from KnN filter FAQs:

24. More airflow means you are letting more dirt through, right?

No. Filtration testing measures the percentage of dust retained before the filter reaches a terminal test pressure, often 10" of restriction above initial restriction. We use airflow as a simplified term to explain a more complicated physical process. The more precise description is restriction: K&N air filters create less restriction which helps an engine run better. An engine will only use the air it needs and our air filters do not result in an engine using more air than necessary. Rather, they result in the engine experiencing less restriction. The terms airflow and restriction are inversely related. Our air filters provide either less restriction at a fixed airflow rate; or more airflow as a fixed level of restriction. In neither case is more air being used than necessary.

A ton of tests have been carried out already and are all over the web, there is no magic filter that can increase airflow and trap more particulate matter. Filter area is increased to compensate for eddying and reserve capacity along with resonance reduction in the inlet tract.

An air filter with holes big enough to let light pass and can be seen by the naked eye is nothing more than taking an old worn out dada jee ka pajama and poking some holes in it, soaking it in oil and using it as an air filter.

Now back to 2 stroke bikes with wet filters, those filter media are quite thick and dense, usually two stage foam elements soaked in oil. They do quite a job of filtration. Now coming back to production cars. A giant example for you. We know that the largest engine supercar at the moment is the buggatti veyron - that engine is umm a bit big and snorts through 4 turbochargers. Ever wonder who supplied the air filter for them? I can give you a hint - it was not K&N

uiv
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    A ton of tests have been carried out already and are all over the web, there is no magic filter that can increase airflow and trap more particulate matter. Filter area is increased to compensate for eddying and reserve capacity along with resonance reduction in the inlet tract.

An air filter with holes big enough to let light pass and can be seen by the naked eye is nothing more than taking an old worn out dada jee ka pajama and poking some holes in it, soaking it in oil and using it as an air filter.

Now back to 2 stroke bikes with wet filters, those filter media are quite thick and dense, usually two stage foam elements soaked in oil. They do quite a job of filtration. Now coming back to production cars. A giant example for you. We know that the largest engine supercar at the moment is the buggatti veyron - that engine is umm a bit big and snorts through 4 turbochargers. Ever wonder who supplied the air filter for them? I can give you a hint - it was not K&N
    In the end, it's a simple case of 'whatever floats your boat'.
    If one is happy to spend more for less, then who are we to burst the bubble?

I had an old 4th gen Honda Prelude with H23 VTEC. It was quite nippy but I wanted it to be fast, so an intake was summoned. The day I installed an intake it became a total different monster. The raw sound of engine sucking air, screaming for it's life, was quite something.
    Now I doubt that it made the car any faster but the sheer noise on WOT at VTEC point was quite assuring, and that's all that mattered then.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cheaper option :
    35 shots nitrous
    Cooler range spark plugs
    Tune

Result:
    On demand horses.
    Probably, most probably, a transmission screw up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List