Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2008-2012 Hona Accord Owners please help...

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    NOKIA7710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    28
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 2008-2012 Hona Accord Owners please help...

    2018-2012 Honda Accord owners please share driving experience of your cars. I recently purchased a 2012 accord with 50k on the clock. I am not much satisfied with the drive as the engines feels heavy as if i am driving a diesel engine car and gear shift is also not very smooth specially at low rpm's. On lower rpm when the gear changes, the engine takes a hiccup and leans back a little which is very annoying.

    I want to know if its a normal thing with this car or my car has some problem which needs to be fixed. I went to honda service centre but they said your car is ok but i am not satisfied personally. I feel they dont want to entertain the problem as the car is still under warranty and it will cost them eventually if any trouble is found.

    I really appreciate your valued opinions and suggestion.

    Regards.

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    why did you buy that POS, its hopeless to begin with. It has got a dbw lag of galactic time if you use regular fuel in it, it requires a minimum of 91 RON to operate correctly - otherwise the ECU starts to cut fuelling and advance.

    The transmission in that car is not good, it shifts pretty slowly due to the DW-1 ATF that Honda are using and the transmission will require a full rebuild/service at approximately 100,000 kms due to lack of cooling and excessive slipping.

    Find a similar car and drive it - then see if yours is the same. Honestly Ive driven these and Honda have done a great job in destroying the legacy of a once great car.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    sarsalan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    why did you buy that POS, its hopeless to begin with. It has got a dbw lag of galactic time if you use regular fuel in it, it requires a minimum of 91 RON to operate correctly - otherwise the ECU starts to cut fuelling and advance.

    The transmission in that car is not good, it shifts pretty slowly due to the DW-1 ATF that Honda are using and the transmission will require a full rebuild/service at approximately 100,000 kms due to lack of cooling and excessive slipping.

    Find a similar car and drive it - then see if yours is the same. Honestly Ive driven these and Honda have done a great job in destroying the legacy of a once great car.
    Another good reason for me to keep the old one alive
    1983' Honda Accord,2008' HaoJiang Tiger 150cc,1993' Suzuki GS500E,1980' Triumph ThunderBird,1976' Honda CD 175 ( rolling restoration),1983' Suzuki GSX400s (needs attention)

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    NOKIA7710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    28
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Khurram26 @Xulfiqar

    Brothers thanks for your valuable feedback. What you suggest me to do now? Should i sell this car or keep it. I was very ambitious to purchase this car after my selling my tiida and my plan was to keep it for atlease 5 years.

    Also my mileage is high i am driving 125 kms daily so if i keep it for 5 years i will driving it more than 2 lac kilometers as the mileage is already 70k. Is there high probability of transmission failure at 100k kms as mentioned in earlier post?

    Also please advise is there any solutution to the jerky transmission especially the 1st to 2nd gear change jerk can be felt clearly inside the cabin.

    Also one last thing, here in UAE we have 2 types of petrol available. One is with octane value of 95 and one with 98. Which one i should use for this car, hi-octanle or low octane fuel? There is not much price difference among the two.

    Thanks

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA7710 View Post
    @Khurram26 @Xulfiqar

    Brothers thanks for your valuable feedback. What you suggest me to do now? Should i sell this car or keep it. I was very ambitious to purchase this car after my selling my tiida and my plan was to keep it for atlease 5 years.

    Also my mileage is high i am driving 125 kms daily so if i keep it for 5 years i will driving it more than 2 lac kilometers as the mileage is already 70k. Is there high probability of transmission failure at 100k kms as mentioned in earlier post?

    Also please advise is there any solutution to the jerky transmission especially the 1st to 2nd gear change jerk can be felt clearly inside the cabin.

    Also one last thing, here in UAE we have 2 types of petrol available. One is with octane value of 95 and one with 98. Which one i should use for this car, hi-octanle or low octane fuel? There is not much price difference among the two.

    Thanks
    95 is high enough high octane. 98 is yet better, but gear shift won't depend on fuel.
    Now the question of whether you should sell the car or not. .. primarily it depends on what it means to you. If you are the sort of guy who mentally communicates with his car, you might want to keep something that talks sweetly back to you.
    If it's just a means of transport, then you might as well accept it as it is.

    If you make up your mind about changing it, you'll find plenty of better options in the uae. You could go for either a 3.5 Camry, or an I or E Lexus 250. Older 2.4 Camrys also have DBW related slow throttle response issues, but they are not apparently noticeable.

    Anyway a V6 is a V6. You'll LOVE driving one. I'd say, make hay while the sun shines.... while you're in the UAE, forget four bangers!

    And yes, before you make your next purchase, do give it a thorough test drive before buying it.


    Sent from my SM-N900 using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    NOKIA7710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    28
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    95 is high enough high octane. 98 is yet better, but gear shift won't depend on fuel.
    Now the question of whether you should sell the car or not. .. primarily it depends on what it means to you. If you are the sort of guy who mentally communicates with his car, you might want to keep something that talks sweetly back to you.
    If it's just a means of transport, then you might as well accept it as it is.

    If you make up your mind about changing it, you'll find plenty of better options in the uae. You could go for either a 3.5 Camry, or an I or E Lexus 250. Older 2.4 Camrys also have DBW related slow throttle response issues, but they are not apparently noticeable.

    Anyway a V6 is a V6. You'll LOVE driving one. I'd say, make hay while the sun shines.... while you're in the UAE, forget four bangers!

    And yes, before you make your next purchase, do give it a thorough test drive before buying it.


    Sent from my SM-N900 using PW Forums mobile app
    Thanks Bro for the advise. I do want my car to communicate back to me and be responsive so i will try to shift to other car maybe a V6 as soon my budget allows...

    I was totally unaware of this DBW thing so now when i will buy my next car, the first question i will ask to the salesman will be, does it have a DBW throttle lag and surely i will test drive thouroughly. That was my mistake actually i relied on the honda legacy and did not do a proper research before buying.

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    in any modern car the throttle is DBW - the problem with us oldtimers accustomed to oldschool tech is that we expect instant response to the pedal.

    It doesnt work like that in Drive by wire. What happens in DBW is that the ECU sees input from the pedal and then calculates what is the best way to accelerate fast and be the most quiet and most efficient. To me thats BS.

    e.g. you can mash the pedal even full from standstill - you will still have to wait for the "computer committee" to release the "memo" that the driver sahab wants to go quick - it wont allow wheelspin, it wont allow high throttle opening, it wont allow extra torque - all this is to save the engine's life and transmission heat up.

    In oldschool there was no committee. You were in charge.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,958
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^this is why i am happy with my carby engine , everything can be adjusted
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faisalayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jiddah
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,509
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Agreed with you Zulfiqar bhai... this the main reason we didnt feel comfortable with new cars response and got immediately stuck in situation that may be there would be a problem in car... especially am not comfortable with the auto transmission cars due their acceleration response and I feel like am paralyzed..

    It happened with me many time when I drive Cressida for more than 4, 5 days continuously and than sit in Corolla, I feel like am sitting in a toy car, which is very light and got at least half kilometer to adjust me accordingly. You know that Cressida has heavy accelerator pedal and can pick it up at any speed in any gear speed... while Corolla acceleration response is also quick may be the reason I have both manual rides..
    Toyota Cressida 1982 GL ... Mazda Cx-9 2009... Toyota Corolla 2007 XLI EXECUTIVE (SOLD)...

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisalayub View Post
    Agreed with you Zulfiqar bhai... this the main reason we didnt feel comfortable with new cars response and got immediately stuck in situation that may be there would be a problem in car... especially am not comfortable with the auto transmission cars due their acceleration response and I feel like am paralyzed..

    It happened with me many time when I drive Cressida for more than 4, 5 days continuously and than sit in Corolla, I feel like am sitting in a toy car, which is very light and got at least half kilometer to adjust me accordingly. You know that Cressida has heavy accelerator pedal and can pick it up at any speed in any gear speed... while Corolla acceleration response is also quick may be the reason I have both manual rides..

    I have used a cressida GLi-6 for quite some time and I know what you feel - its like when I get to drive a corolla after driving my mercedes E320.

    the benz accelerator is soft but the car moves and shift with a smooth mountain of torque, no wheelspin as the ESP will cut engine power like a butler saying "Sir you are being childish and tunes down the drive power" - even if you turn it off - its not actually off - its more like the Butler is standing 5 ft away and grinning and will cut in when the car starts to really gets out of hand.

    Driving a corolla after that is like - "what the heck is going on - has the engine died" - If you get onto wet road or mud, the VSC cuts power like it broke something in the car - BAM.. BOOM.. -
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faisalayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jiddah
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,509
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I have used a cressida GLi-6 for quite some time and I know what you feel - its like when I get to drive a corolla after driving my mercedes E320.

    the benz accelerator is soft but the car moves and shift with a smooth mountain of torque, no wheelspin as the ESP will cut engine power like a butler saying "Sir you are being childish and tunes down the drive power" - even if you turn it off - its not actually off - its more like the Butler is standing 5 ft away and grinning and will cut in when the car starts to really gets out of hand.

    Driving a corolla after that is like - "what the heck is going on - has the engine died" - If you get onto wet road or mud, the VSC cuts power like it broke something in the car - BAM.. BOOM.. -
    Exactly this is what am saying.. mine Cressida is 4 cylinder 2.0, I feel it more powerful and quick response even body is heavy as compared to modern cars even its accelerator pedal is heavy.. even some times wheelspins in case of immediate clutch release...

    am thinking after you mentioned, how much powerful the straight six cressida would be, because I have never ever driven it...

    My first expression was always this "YAAR PTA NI KITHY PHANS GYA, KHALONA (TOY) HYN MODERN CARS" after sitting in Corolla from Cressida....
    Toyota Cressida 1982 GL ... Mazda Cx-9 2009... Toyota Corolla 2007 XLI EXECUTIVE (SOLD)...

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Proverbial_Slang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,904
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @OP being in the UAE, you could go for Hyundai Sonata. Sporty comfortable and fully loaded. Available much cheaper in second hand market.

    Sent from an advanced handheld device.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    NOKIA7710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    28
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    @OP being in the UAE, you could go for Hyundai Sonata. Sporty comfortable and fully loaded. Available much cheaper in second hand market.

    Sent from an advanced handheld device.

    Yes Brother u r right. Sonata is one nice comfortabale car and price is also on the lower side. Surely i will look into this option while going for my new car. Thanks

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faisalayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jiddah
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,509
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA7710 View Post
    Yes Brother u r right. Sonata is one nice comfortabale car and price is also on the lower side. Surely i will look into this option while going for my new car. Thanks
    Habibi Frankly speaking if I were you I will prefer Camry or Grand marquis or Crown Victoria even Accord over Sonata... because they are more comfortable than Sonata and on the other side have a good value for money...
    Toyota Cressida 1982 GL ... Mazda Cx-9 2009... Toyota Corolla 2007 XLI EXECUTIVE (SOLD)...

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    NOKIA7710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    28
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisalayub View Post
    Habibi Frankly speaking if I were you I will prefer Camry or Grand marquis or Crown Victoria even Accord over Sonata... because they are more comfortable than Sonata and on the other side have a good value for money...
    Brother you dont know how much i am disappointed with accord. It has a sluggish throttle and rough driving impression. Also suffers from wind and road noise. This i was not expecting at all from honda flagship car - the mighty accord. Btw have u driven this model accord, if yes pls let me know your thoughts.

    Thanks

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    NOKIA7710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    28
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sonata is a comfortable car with very nice suspension. Seems like floating on the road.

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faisalayub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jiddah
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,509
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    After some time you will hate why you have purchased Sonata...

    Habibi I havent driven this model of Accord, but my colleagues experience with this model is good.

    If you need power and throttle go for Grand marquis or Crown Victoria middle level options not base model... You will get V8 along with hydraulic suspension and comfort... Or you can go for 2007 - 2008 BMW 5 series....

    Frankly speaking even I love to own this model of Accord....
    Toyota Cressida 1982 GL ... Mazda Cx-9 2009... Toyota Corolla 2007 XLI EXECUTIVE (SOLD)...

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    NOKIA7710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    28
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisalayub View Post
    After some time you will hate why you have purchased Sonata...

    Habibi I havent driven this model of Accord, but my colleagues experience with this model is good.

    If you need power and throttle go for Grand marquis or Crown Victoria middle level options not base model... You will get V8 along with hydraulic suspension and comfort... Or you can go for 2007 - 2008 BMW 5 series....

    Frankly speaking even I love to own this model of Accord....
    Ok habibi i export you this accord to saudi...pls send me a 5 series back...

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using PW Forums mobile app

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retaliator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    8
    Posts
    1,445
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    From my experience of driving / owning Hondas (currently a city AT but not a single accord):

    Put your car in D3 / S, or 2 and race along on an empty road while keeping the rpm high. keep doing it over a minute. Even better if you put a bottle of any reputable injector cleaner. you ll notice a difference in drive for quite some time.

    2) keep the air filter clean.

    and:

    because of the DBW thing do not change the position of accelerator pedal when your car is just about to change the gear. maintain the position before and after a while the gear is changed.
    -

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    NOKIA7710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    28
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    From my experience of driving / owning Hondas (currently a city AT but not a single accord):

    Put your car in D3 / S, or 2 and race along on an empty road while keeping the rpm high. keep doing it over a minute. Even better if you put a bottle of any reputable injector cleaner. you ll notice a difference in drive for quite some time.

    2) keep the air filter clean.

    and:

    because of the DBW thing do not change the position of accelerator pedal when your car is just about to change the gear. maintain the position before and after a while the gear is changed.
    I agree with u specially the 2nd part as i have not tried the 1st part of reving the car high. I recently put a bottle of injector cleaner in my car and i can witness some improvement. Also keeping the air filter clean and changing engine oil on time makes the driving experience better.

    I think honda A/T experience is the same accross all honda range of cars. You need to play with the throttle and also carry out regular maintanance to maintain smooth and acceptable drive.

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faisalayub View Post
    After some time you will hate why you have purchased Sonata...

    Habibi I havent driven this model of Accord, but my colleagues experience with this model is good.

    If you need power and throttle go for Grand marquis or Crown Victoria middle level options not base model... You will get V8 along with hydraulic suspension and comfort... Or you can go for 2007 - 2008 BMW 5 series....

    Frankly speaking even I love to own this model of Accord....
    Brother the last good Accord was the CA-4 Accord.

    Especially one with the old school A20 engine with auto nothing fancy but it has torque to shame modern engine.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •