3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Accord Engine Swap

I want to swap F20B Vtec with manual tranny in my 1989 Honda Accord. What will be the complications and cost for swap of engine. I am getting F20B Vtec with tranny complete engine for 130K and i intend to spend about 200k total. I will be left with 70k in which i think 15-18K would be all labour and electrician cost. How much engine oil and which oil to use as the engine is never used in Pak cam from japan it is SiR Accord engine. What else mods can i do in the price i am left with which is about 50K. What improvements and how much HP should i expect? 200HP?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shah96 View Post
    I want to swap F20B Vtec with manual tranny in my 1989 Honda Accord. What will be the complications and cost for swap of engine. I am getting F20B Vtec with tranny complete engine for 130K and i intend to spend about 200k total. I will be left with 70k in which i think 15-18K would be all labour and electrician cost. How much engine oil and which oil to use as the engine is never used in Pak cam from japan it is SiR Accord engine. What else mods can i do in the price i am left with which is about 50K. What improvements and how much HP should i expect? 200HP?
    The remaining 50000rs will help you with remaining items.
    E. G. Broken axel joints
    Repair and maintenance of alterations you will be doing.
    And remaining for fuel as the mechanic didn't know how to tune your swapped engine with complicated wiring and desi juggar.

Sent from my Z3 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Swapped cars will break down when you need them the most e.g. Going down the road, altis wala blinking lights to take over, you think you are on f16 and press the pedal to the metal. Zrrrooooooooommmmm khrkhrkhrrrr... Khitkhitkhit... Thushhhhhhhhh........ The end.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Swapped cars will break down when you need them the most e.g. Going down the road, altis wala blinking lights to take over, you think you are on f16 and press the pedal to the metal. Zrrrooooooooommmmm khrkhrkhrrrr... Khitkhitkhit... Thushhhhhhhhh........ The end.

Even F20B with kharkhar khit khit kan anytime knock out altis. I know electrics are messed up by desi guys but we will try our level best to do quality work. Its F20B's insult if we compare it with altis

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shah96 View Post
    Procedure

All engine mount brackets need to be cut from the body

The right side chassis leg needs about a 10 inch section completely cut and removed from the car (this will cause flex too)

The exhaust manifold will not fit, you need to have a very slim manifold made to make the engine fit

The front crossmember needs to be trimmed to allow the hand made manifold or headers pass.

You need to make a custom mount bracket for this.

No axle shafts will fit - you need to make yourself special shafts and ends to accomodate the original hubs.

No original mount will fit and you would need to make a mount bracket on the right chassis leg that you cut previously.

The engine will be jammed right up against the firewall - you might need to hammer it inwards.

have a look

Honda Accord Engine Swap - frontmounttq0

The hand made engine mount bracket and the black cover is the hand made heat shield for the hand made exhaust manifold.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Honda Accord Engine Swap - trannymountse4

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I did this in a 3G accord which was a complete basket case hence we had nothing to lose. To stiffen the chassis leg an additional brace was made to tie it across and also a chassis brace was made and bolted under the car to stiffen the entire body.

The original brakes are tiny and need upgrade - the larger brake hubs for this car do exist and were shockingly expensive as they are very rare - I got them from Thailand.

The wiring is very involved if you want a clean job - I routed the wiring like the original 3G came - the wiring enters from the left fender and not the firewall. - I did this car's wiring myself - it had absolutely zero wiring, I built the harness from scratch - to do this nicely you will need to remove the dashboard and install the wiring nicely - I tucked the main relay next to the ECU and used the internal fuse box "starter" and radio fuses for the start signal and ECU live.

This swap also had a working A/C all properly wired up into the original system.

This was a long time ago too and that engine you see is an F20A

btw - you will need a prelude/accord cable select shifter box, shift cables and have to make a hole in the floor for the cables, you will also need to rework the clutch to hydraulic (easy when dashboard is out)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List