Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Accord 88 Engine Swap

AOA
    Guyz i recently gave my accord for complete engine overhaul but unfortunatley the block has a crack n crank canot be replaced as the engine was built already couple of times...
    Have searched alot to get the OEM engine in shershah but clndt find it so now i have no other option than swap

NOW THE SWAP
    Now the real thing is m planning a swap on it
    engine i m considering keeping my budget in mind is D15B Dual VTEC
    The car chasis is solid as the engine is out of the car now n evrything is clear to me....

Things m confused with are
    1 will the swap be sucessful as this accord has its engine rite in the center of the engine bay
    2 Will the chasis be altered for mounts n is it worth it?
    3 Will wiring make an issue as the car is Carb n the engine i willl be getting will b efi with an ecu

UR suggestions will be very helpful guyz
    Speacially
    People who have done swaps n knw where to get the rite engine in what price

P.S: I bought this accord for getting luxury n no doubt m really happy with the drive of her its way awesom n m not going to sell it.
    Seniors /Gurus
    Xulfiqar
    N2O
    Moak
    Sinner
    SER_GTR

PLz guyz hellp me

(*)Theres always a light at the end of a tunnel, just pray its not a train(*)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@DRIFT buddy the 1 i got was also sanden as the oem was nt with the engine i tried to get frm tarrique but he refused by saying we dun give compressor with engines no gaurantee of them...any wayz i took a drive last night of the car the ac was very chilling n was getting trip once the room was chilled n then again got onn.....
    The thng i havr notices in the room by driving at high or low speed is there is a slight noise of.this compressor whn its turned on n as it was very quite outsidr that noise was annoying me alot ....
    I havnt paid the ac wala yet as i had to check fr a day or 2...
    Will go today n ask him y is such noise in there if its necessary to change will ask him to replace it....
    The gas i have used i dun remember its in white colour bottles small ones ....
    Will post a pic of the bottle today had to get 3 bottles ....... @ALL
    Guyx tell me is the lre anydifference between sanden unit n the oem interms of cooling?
    As far as i havr came to knw these sandend units are rock solid n parts are available easy for repairing or replvement...
    M confused with the cooling part as my city 02 ac is awesom.literally gr8.... very quite n very chilling can any 1 tell me why the difference is there ...?
    I have got thicker condensor plus the coil is good plus new lines ... then also the cooling is nt upto me....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the gas in the small white bottle is worst gas ever, it will never make the cooling upto you .......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The gas bottle

Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So heres the thng now i have a week warranty for the ac thng anythng tht is rong wld be his responsibility to replace at foc...
    Now guyz i need to knw that is there a huge difference between this sandedn compressor n the oems interms of load? N performance?
    Shld i get it replaced with oem ..
    I jst had a quick search n camr to knw these sandends are horses for working never let u down...
    The oems are tough but once they get down they dont come up to their oem performance...
    Now m cnfused taking the car for a drive i guess here in khi its hot so wld knw wethers the cooling is good or bad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    If you are passing R134 through that condenser you already have lost money. btw why are you running a sanden unit? the original screw type compressor that comes with these engines is remarkable in its work and applies negligible load.
    Sadly that is the fate of most cars.. parts guys don't stock the pf condensers and when asked they are like "yeh dono pe chalta hai"

Sent from my Samsung 796cc via some chain reactions..
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar which gas should my AC get? also is can it be a DIY? also is there is default guidelines for gas filling and last also is that what is the pressure should i maintain for AC gas
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Drug_Mafia View Post
    @DRIFT buddy the 1 i got was also sanden as the oem was nt with the engine i tried to get frm tarrique but he refused by saying we dun give compressor with engines no gaurantee of them...any wayz i took a drive last night of the car the ac was very chilling n was getting trip once the room was chilled n then again got onn.....
    The thng i havr notices in the room by driving at high or low speed is there is a slight noise of.this compressor whn its turned on n as it was very quite outsidr that noise was annoying me alot ....
    I havnt paid the ac wala yet as i had to check fr a day or 2...
    Will go today n ask him y is such noise in there if its necessary to change will ask him to replace it....
    The gas i have used i dun remember its in white colour bottles small ones ....
    Will post a pic of the bottle today had to get 3 bottles ....... @ALL
    Guyx tell me is the lre anydifference between sanden unit n the oem interms of cooling?
    As far as i havr came to knw these sandend units are rock solid n parts are available easy for repairing or replvement...
    M confused with the cooling part as my city 02 ac is awesom.literally gr8.... very quite n very chilling can any 1 tell me why the difference is there ...?
    I have got thicker condensor plus the coil is good plus new lines ... then also the cooling is nt upto me....

check the compressor pulley alignment
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the original screw compressor of this engine is very good in its job if the ac tech knows what to do.

the condenser you installed is useless. it used to be sold as GL condenser and is not very nicely made. it has a tough time with R12 and dies with R134.

the dryer you chose is also never a good idea. the original denso dryers are worth their high price and so are the expansion valves.

the compressor that came original to this car was a big 10cyl denso item pumping R12 through a huge condenser and equally bulky evaporator and had nearly similar performance to old american cars. Converting it to R134 with the old style heat exchangets is not a good idea due to the runpressure of R134

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So i guess that m long gone as per xulfiqar sirs comments...
    Though i drove the car today at 3pm it was really hot the car was very chilled alhamdulillah......
    Mite be for sm day i guess... will post the comments after a week trial....
    As far as the load is concerned the engine is vtec 1500cc while running i switch the ac on n to be honest dun feel any jerk.... or load the compressor shuts off (trips) the the room is cool enough n turns onn quickly... so i dun feel any load while driving her....
    Bas now looking forward for the consumption....
    Will post the mileage on ac n average soon..... @Xulfiqar
    Sir u have been a great helper during all the time got a lot to learn .....
    Thanx alot sir

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

User Tag List