Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Will you keep it as a daily driver or weekend ride? Because what I heard so far (i might be wrong) it does not give more than 7-8 km/l.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes Brohter, its mileage is 6-8 depends on driving styles. i hav

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have 2012 accord 2.4 it gives me 11-12 km i belive the engine is same

Sent from my GT-I9505 using PW Forums mobile app

5. 11-09-2014, 12:37 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    Commercial Selling

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought CL7 from a friend
    He was selling it because of fuel consumption

I liked his car because it was a
    Pearl white Colored
    Modulo body kits
    Type-R/CL9 Star shape 17" Rims
    CL9 Spoiler

I bought the car and did every thing I could do to improve the average
    I reprogrammed the ECU
    I changed the spark plugs
    I changed Gear Oil
    I changed Engine Oil to fully synthetic
    I did tappet adjustment from Honda
    I did throttle body cleaning from Honda
    I changed the tyre size from 225/45R17 to 215/50R17 (thinking the a narrow tyre will improve fuel)
    I changed O2 sensor, although there was no error code
    I changed TPS sensor, although there was no error code
    I did all these things just to improve fuel economy
    and still it used to give me maximum 8 km/litre with a very very uncle type driving

If you enjoy driving it, it will never give you above 6.5 to 7 in any case
    on long route (motor way, it gives around 12-13 km/litre

Having said all this. The drive is immaculate and the road grip at 180 km/Hr is just like you are driving a reborn 8th gen civic at 100 Km/Hr
    The Dual A/C is like refrigerator type cooling
    The brakes are like 4 times better than 8th gen CiviC

I am comparing all this with 8th gen civic, because I have 8th gen from last 4 to 5 years
    and when I bought CL7, i had 8th at the same time and I used to drive both.
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I met a person in service station and he had this CL7 with 235/40R17 tyre
    He was saying that his car gives around 5 to 6 km/litre

so Tyre size is very important.

I think, CL7 will give you better fuel mileage if you keep it with OEM tyre/rim size that is 195/65R15 (written on inner side of driver door)
    But that would be a compromise on the looks of an Accord
    Ehtesham Bokhari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I have 92 accord, Tuned and Maintained it my self. Diagnosed many problems and sorted out to Company Specifications. I have 215/45/R17 on them. Car is 1.8 Liter F18B with F22 Transmission (said to be nightmare for short trips in combination with 1.8 liter engine.). The car gives me 9 on local routes with moderate driving style. and on long with AC it never crossed 12 kmpl. If you go to CL7 it has K series and you probably would have k24 it aint gona do over 6-7 liter
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Sir He is talking about a 2.0 ltr cl7 - k24 was equipped in cl9 and yes cl7 has a slight better fuel economy than cl9 (local's experience)

One should Keep in mind the transmission he is having with the engine, i've noticed lately that people start cruising in order to get maximum average out of the such cars which is at times mostly the wrong decision , its not about always keeping the rpms low , what people do is they keep at low speed to avoid high rpms and in an auto/tiptronic tranny (auto mode) its a fuel killer mode , you are driving in low gears that would never give you the exact average one can achieve , thats the biggest drawback of an auto tranny - gets worse with older generations 4 forward gears
    The reason that these cars give you better mileage on motorways is the fact of being a 5 or a 6 forward treat that tends to have better rpm even at high speeds and you save fuel
    In local , you must try your best to at least touch 60 or at least 4th engaged (it can be done with a light foot) to avoid low gears
    I used to cruise on my 7th gen and hardly got anything above 8 , i changed my driving style to more like normal and now 10 is easy peasy
    The same was tested on my brother in laws cl7
    A light foot and a hurry to reach a suitable gear is the trick
    Although not everybody follows the wrong or the right way tbh , but giving a try wont harm
    LIVE 4 NOTHING .........................BUT DIE 4 SOMETHING

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks to all of u making me clear about cl7. So is this the same fuel consumption of reborn prosmatic

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2007 -8-9 model civic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rao.umair.3194 View Post
    Thanks to all of u making me clear about cl7. So is this the same fuel consumption of reborn prosmatic

i have used both of these cars.
    and
    It is NOT the same
    Ehtesham Bokhari

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Badpigs View Post
    ^Sir He is talking about a 2.0 ltr cl7 - k24 was equipped in cl9 and yes cl7 has a slight better fuel economy than cl9 (local's experience)

One should Keep in mind the transmission he is having with the engine, i've noticed lately that people start cruising in order to get maximum average out of the such cars which is at times mostly the wrong decision , its not about always keeping the rpms low , what people do is they keep at low speed to avoid high rpms and in an auto/tiptronic tranny (auto mode) its a fuel killer mode , you are driving in low gears that would never give you the exact average one can achieve , thats the biggest drawback of an auto tranny - gets worse with older generations 4 forward gears
    The reason that these cars give you better mileage on motorways is the fact of being a 5 or a 6 forward treat that tends to have better rpm even at high speeds and you save fuel
    In local , you must try your best to at least touch 60 or at least 4th engaged (it can be done with a light foot) to avoid low gears
    I used to cruise on my 7th gen and hardly got anything above 8 , i changed my driving style to more like normal and now 10 is easy peasy
    The same was tested on my brother in laws cl7
    A light foot and a hurry to reach a suitable gear is the trick
    Although not everybody follows the wrong or the right way tbh , but giving a try wont harm
    So true - after failing to gain any "extra miles" by driving slow, i reverted to my usual style of letting the gear shift at 3500 rpm gives me the optimal mileage plus i don't feel like pulling my hair off.

all hail to the falling international oil prices.... Now i don't even bother...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Spano...what are the options of reprogramming the ECU in ISB/RWP? i want to reprgram my ECU as i have done everything like yours to improve the fuel mileage but not able to cross 8-9 in local with moderate style on my CD3 accord? anybody doing Ultrasonic injector cleaning in twin cities?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadwizz View Post
    So true - after failing to gain any "extra miles" by driving slow, i reverted to my usual style of letting the gear shift at 3500 rpm gives me the optimal mileage plus i don't feel like pulling my hair off.

all hail to the falling international oil prices.... Now i don't even bother...
    Its not all about driving slow; its about conserving momentum. People say that an ES1 Civic w/auto transmission can't get more than 10 in local, and 13-14 on highway without A/C. Check my signature; keep in mind that this was a 270k driven car, running on 20w-50 oil. Ambient temperatures were also quite low, which is bad for fuel consumption.

BTW, xcel of cleanmpg (Wayne Gerdes) has a lifetime average of 21 kml on his K24 automatic Accord. On highways, he can maintain up to 26 kml. Whoever says that driving style doesn't affect fuel consumption is not really trying.

Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    @Spano...what are the options of reprogramming the ECU in ISB/RWP? i want to reprgram my ECU as i have done everything like yours to improve the fuel mileage but not able to cross 8-9 in local with moderate style on my CD3 accord? anybody doing Ultrasonic injector cleaning in twin cities?
    Don't waste your time or money on these. Get a good 0w-20 or 5w-20 oil and fill it to halfway between the marks on the dipstick. Pump up your tires to what is written on the sidewall, probably 44 or 51 psi. Start just by following the speed limits and shutting the car off on signals. Accelerate and brake gently. When you are satisfied with the results, you may want to move on to more advanced techniques; check out the link in my signature.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    Its not all about driving slow; its about conserving momentum. People say that an ES1 Civic w/auto transmission can't get more than 10 in local, and 13-14 on highway without A/C. Check my signature; keep in mind that this was a 270k driven car, running on 20w-50 oil. Ambient temperatures were also quite low, which is bad for fuel consumption.

BTW, xcel of cleanmpg (Wayne Gerdes) has a lifetime average of 21 kml on his K24 automatic Accord. On highways, he can maintain up to 26 kml. Whoever says that driving style doesn't affect fuel consumption is not really trying.

Don't waste your time or money on these. Get a good 0w-20 or 5w-20 oil and fill it to halfway between the marks on the dipstick. Pump up your tires to what is written on the sidewall, probably 44 or 51 psi. Start just by following the speed limits and shutting the car off on signals. Accelerate and brake gently. When you are satisfied with the results, you may want to move on to more advanced techniques; check out the link in my signature.
    Thats a lot of work. Isn't it better to just get a prius or some other fuel efficient car?

On my Civic, i could never get to 10 kmpl on a full tank.... I feel most satisfaction driving in the power band... There is no way i can shut the engine on signals...I think it will just end up with premature wearing of starter motor.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats a lot of work. Isn't it better to just get a prius or some other fuel efficient car?

On my Civic, i could never get to 10 kmpl on a full tank.... I feel most satisfaction driving in the power band... There is no way i can shut the engine on signals...I think it will just end up with premature wearing of starter motor.
    Its actually quite fun once you get used to it; taking corners at much higher speeds than others, timing all the traffic lights so you never hit a red signal, treating the FCD like a highscore gauge, trying to beat your previous score every time. These are some of the fun aspects of hypermiling.

xcel's starter motor failed back in 2013 after about 8 years of use. He had used it 10's of thousands of times (pulse and glide technique), hundreds of times more than an average driver. Gear reduction starters are really tough. Your car can certainly handle being shut off and restarted at signals for several years.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    Its actually quite fun once you get used to it; taking corners at much higher speeds than others, timing all the traffic lights so you never hit a red signal, treating the FCD like a highscore gauge, trying to beat your previous score every time. These are some of the fun aspects of hypermiling.

xcel's starter motor failed back in 2013 after about 8 years of use. He had used it 10's of thousands of times (pulse and glide technique), hundreds of times more than an average driver. Gear reduction starters are really tough. Your car can certainly handle being shut off and restarted at signals for several years.
    My starter motor after 10 years sounds brand new
    How would you take corners at higher speeds while hyper milling? i can never take quick corners without my foot on the throttle.. break straight, accelerate while turning is what provides maximum grip on corners...

It may be fun if you are driving on an empty road, for people driving to work at 8AM, u don't really have the luxury to time signals... On highways it may be possible....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My starter motor after 10 years sounds brand new
    How would you take corners at higher speeds while hyper milling? i can never take quick corners without my foot on the throttle.. break straight, accelerate while turning is what provides maximum grip on corners...

It may be fun if you are driving on an empty road, for people driving to work at 8AM, u don't really have the luxury to time signals... On highways it may be possible....
    I take 90 degree turns within the city without taking my foot off the accelerator. Where a person might take a turn at 20-25 km/h, I will take it at at least twice that speed; all part of conserving momentum. The car slips a bit, but its nothing to be afraid of if you have practice. Passengers riding with me get mini heart attacks though Honda accord Cl7 fuel average - biggrin.

Signal timing is quite an advanced technique. When I discovered hypermiling, I took the car out for half an hour or so everyday, practicing the techniques one at a time. Its better to take it slowly, and then move on to advanced techniques gradually. With practice, you can easily use signal timing even in Karachi's 8 a.m traffic to an extent.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mallic View Post
    There is a guy who programs ecu but don't waste your time and money.
    This is the best you can get 8 to 9 km per litre in local and 12 to 13 on motorway.
    This is what I got after doing every possible thing.

Sent from my SM-G900F
    Ehtesham Bokhari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You don't buy an F16 and then worry about fuel average, you buy it because you want to fly at mach 2+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List