Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Accord CL 9 JDM smoke puffs

Salam Pakwheelers

I have a '03 CL 9 and I am using 10w 40 kixx oil as the seller was already using it so i didnt bother changing the brand. Recently i have noticed bluish/blackish smoke puffs at around 4000 rpm stretch in idle and the car has reduced around half a litre of oil after 2500kms. Discussed with my mechanic and he has recommended 20w 50 as he thinks the Piston rings are wearing out. another friend has suggested shifting to full synthetic 5w 40. i am not an expert on this so i"ll be grateful if anyone could advise whether i should change the oil viscosity/brand or stick to what i am currently using? or any other tips to reduce engine wear n tear?

Thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Recommended oil for this Accord is 5w30.

You urgently need to change the oil company and the viscosity.

I'll suggest as follows

Choose the engine oil having 5w-30 Viscosity.
    Total company blends the oil for Honda. So I'll suggest to choose Total Quartz 9000. This oil has 5w-30 and this is best oil. But flip the bottle and read by yourself. It must be imported from Singapore. Your car is expensive, so don't use cheaper oils.

Shift to this oil and drive few km with light foot. Am sure that blue smoke will disappear forever. You can check it by pushing accelerating paddle upto 5~7K rpms in neutral to confirm it.

I know, the blue smoke indicates that rings have gone weaker and engine has started burning the engine oil. But never go for the 20w-50 oil which mechanic has asked to use. And also the previous owner was using less-compatible oil and from less known company.

I can be 90% assume that your engine rings are perfectly OK. Only you have to change the company & viscosity.

I have example of my own car too. But will furnish later if necessary.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont put any heavy oils in that engine and check the breathers and PCV for clogging, clean them out anyway. Also check valve clerances and adjust as required, Put good engine oil (something like a light semi synthetic oil), fill up some fuel and take it on a hard run, hard means drive like you just stole the car or drive it like its a sarkari car.

the cat will also get cleaned and so will the whole exhaust.

before condemning the piston rings for wear make sure to do a compression test.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mansoorsheikh1 View Post
    Salam Pakwheelers

I have a '03 CL 9 and I am using 10w 40 kixx oil as the seller was already using it so i didnt bother changing the brand. Recently i have noticed bluish/blackish smoke puffs at around 4000 rpm stretch in idle and the car has reduced around half a litre of oil after 2500kms. Discussed with my mechanic and he has recommended 20w 50 as he thinks the Piston rings are wearing out. another friend has suggested shifting to full synthetic 5w 40. i am not an expert on this so i"ll be grateful if anyone could advise whether i should change the oil viscosity/brand or stick to what i am currently using? or any other tips to reduce engine wear n tear?

Thanks!
    Never use 20w50 in your car which is desired to run on light engine oil.it will only harm the engine.use 5w30 or 5w40 of same brand or liquimoly or caltex havoline...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List