Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Accord cl7 Euro R k20a Strange noice please help

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    fmas06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Exclamation Accord cl7 Euro R k20a Strange noice please help

    I have a Honda accord cl7 Euro R 2004 driven 110k it is making a strange noise from engine bay, when touching full revs. i dont know much about car mechanism so anyone here can help me out??? iv been to different mechanics but they all are greedy and take money by doing things that dont even fix the issue... i can post a video if you'd like. any kind of help will be much obliged..

  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    fmas06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sial_ali View Post
    the engine is designed to take such a beating but still 8k rpm is too much.

    is your car eating oil ?

    Contact xulfiqar
    no the car is not eating oil.

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fmas06 View Post
    Yes car is in motion when the sound comes, as revving the car on idle will not activate vtec.
    Sounds pretty much normal to me....... if vtec was not proper you would not have that power you are currently having
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    fmas06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    Sounds pretty much normal to me....... if vtec was not proper you would not have that power you are currently having
    its a k20a it has power but its not giving the power that it used to before.. and the sound was not coming before

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    it looks like vtec is engaging in low speed it jumped from 60km/h to 80km/h near 8k rpm but on high speed on almost same rpm vtec didn't engage and that strange noise occur so it could be some gear box sensor which feedback is needed to engage vtec I could be wrong through

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    fmas06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    it looks like vtec is engaging in low speed it jumped from 60km/h to 80km/h near 8k rpm but on high speed on almost same rpm vtec didn't engage and that strange noise occur so it could be some gear box sensor which feedback is needed to engage vtec I could be wrong through
    Vtec engaged in high speed aswell. the vtec kicks in at 5.4k rpm when shifting from 2nd gear on high rev to 3rd gear the vtec is continuously on hence the short duration of 3rd gear

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have the same but more distinct sound coming from my car as well at 6K RPM... my limiter is at 62-6300 RPM , 1NZFE...

    My car reduces oil a little every thousand kms... I just stopped revving that high... Don't know who to trust with this unique problem...

    Someone care to shed why two different kind of engines are behaving the same way?..

    Cheers...
    Driving is not about going from point A to point B, it is the point...

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,895
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    The noise is normal clear in the video.
    According to my experience. If an engine is decreasing power at higher rpm with noises. It's more likely crank related issue.
    But I couldn't hear any specific noise in the video you have uploaded

    Sent from Galaxy Note4
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    sak_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    its vtec sound bro, nothing to worry about and if maintained properly these engines can have a very long life.

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    fmas06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thanks for your replies guys the sound was coming from the exaust heat shield one if its nut was a lil lose it wasnt so prominent in the video but when sitting in the car you can hear but its ok now thanks . a slight decrease in speed i noticed is because the clutch plates need replacement other than that its all good. do tell me should i got for brand new clutche plate or kabuli?

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    fmas06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed911 View Post
    I have the same but more distinct sound coming from my car as well at 6K RPM... my limiter is at 62-6300 RPM , 1NZFE...

    My car reduces oil a little every thousand kms... I just stopped revving that high... Don't know who to trust with this unique problem...

    Someone care to shed why two different kind of engines are behaving the same way?..

    Cheers...
    mine does not reduce oil it just get black soon due to vtec kicking in

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    waleed911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    487
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fmas06 View Post
    thanks for your replies guys the sound was coming from the exaust heat shield one if its nut was a lil lose it wasnt so prominent in the video but when sitting in the car you can hear but its ok now thanks . a slight decrease in speed i noticed is because the clutch plates need replacement other than that its all good. do tell me should i got for brand new clutche plate or kabuli?
    U got off easy man... I hope my suspected fender turn signal is loose... A faulty crank would mean a kabli assembly for me...

    Cheers...
    Driving is not about going from point A to point B, it is the point...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •