Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car Tuning Advice required. Please Help!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Car Tuning Advice required. Please Help!

Salaam Alikum

I have a Honda Accord CL9 2002. 132000km on the dial. Its always been giving me 6km/l in city driving with AC on in Karachi.

Recently, I have noticed that the mileage has dropped even further and is now in the 5km/l range.

I use Mobil1 Semi Synthethic 10w/40 oil. The spark plugs have been changed recently along with air filter.

Please could you let me know if I should take it to the mechanic for 'tuning' and what I should ask him to do to improve the mileage.

Similar is the case with my Nissan Otti 660cc Model 2007. It used to give me 8km/l. I used to use Repsol engine oil but due to it not being available, I changed to the yellow shell oil and think the mileage has dropped since then.

It now barely gives me 5km/l as well.

During this oil change, the guy put a larger oil filter than what was installed in it previously. Could that have affected the mileage of the car? The whole on the filter was the same size but the actual filter was deeper than the previous one.

I took the Otti on the Highway recently and it gave me around 12km/l I think but now its back to 5km/l in the City.

Any advise on what I could do with these cars to improve their mileage would be grealy appreciated

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Kind Regards

Humair