Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Alto Transmission Problem

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan4772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    618
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Alto Transmission Problem

    Hi All,
    I have an Alto 2007 VXR CNG. Droven 53K. I am having some problem with its transmission. The 1st 2nd and reverse gears of the car are very hard. Sometimes they are perfect but at times they are very hard. In addition, when i engage the gears (with full clutch pressed), the gear sounds and feels like if the clutch is not pressed properly. Gear oil was checked but the person said that the level and viscosity are perfect. This gear oil has been driven for 47K.

    Please help me in this regard that what should i do. Should i get the gear oil changed, get the clutch adjusted, or get the clutch plates checked (i don't think that clutch plates is a problem as car is 1st hand and i never drive with my foot on the clutch or anything like that.).

    Waiting for help from Experts.

    Regards,
    Hassan

    What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    suzukialtomehran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,286
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Well Bro i think gear oil has to be changed on 30K km and you done 47K first of all change the gear oil and adjust your clutch if problem remains checked your cars clutch plate from a good mechanic.
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan4772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    618
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I wonder why only my problems are not solved or even discussed here on pakwheels...
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

  4. #4
    959
    959 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,121
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bhai sahab

    Dont be sad, Check your clutch wire, change gear oil ( it should be changed @ 40K Km even in a new civic), your clutch plates will be ok, I guess, but you should have a look at them also (and also the pressure plates).

    Also look if the shifter is fine.

    Dont delay the problem or it will become worse day by day.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan4772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    618
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    Bhai sahab

    Dont be sad, Check your clutch wire, change gear oil ( it should be changed @ 40K Km even in a new civic), your clutch plates will be ok, I guess, but you should have a look at them also (and also the pressure plates).

    Also look if the shifter is fine.

    Dont delay the problem or it will become worse day by day.

    shukriya bhaai saab..

    Okey so will u suggest me which gear oil should i use?
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

  6. #6
    959
    959 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,121
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Shell, Caltex or ZIC , provided its genuine, try to buy from a petrol pump, and match its viscosity with the one in your owners manual.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    sja79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have Alto-03 (60K driven till date)

    Alto have this problem, i have changed the Clutch plates and pressure plates after 50K.

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    bbasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro dnt worry i hav alto 2003 hav same problem try this cheap method i also did this i changed the gear bushes which cost 20-30 rupees and upto 70% my problem has been solved now gears are not tht much hard as it was before

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan4772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    618
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbasir View Post
    bro dnt worry i hav alto 2003 hav same problem try this cheap method i also did this i changed the gear bushes which cost 20-30 rupees and upto 70% my problem has been solved now gears are not tht much hard as it was before
    Wow . I will try this thing too.. But please also give me idea about which gear oil should i use?
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    bbasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    in gear oil ZIC is best

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    cruse1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    all my bros am agree with all of you i had same problem with my 2008 alto but i was solved by replacing whole clutch pressure plate set. i have applied all the tips which you friendz discussed but remedy is only replacement

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan4772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    618
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cruse1 View Post
    all my bros am agree with all of you i had same problem with my 2008 alto but i was solved by replacing whole clutch pressure plate set. i have applied all the tips which you friendz discussed but remedy is only replacement
    How much did it cost you? And were the plates Japanese or local or chinese?
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aamirq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,726
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    change the gear oil and masla solve ho jaiga! zic ka gear oil dalta hai 2 dabbay dalingay!

    i have an alto 06 drive 63k n till now koi clutch wutch ka masla ya gear ka masla nai aya...as just make sure that u change the gear oil n maintain the car as required baki car masla nai karti!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    I have experienced that the trans in the alto has badly aligned shift forks inside it, they pop out the detent ball stops from the inner shift rod..

    One another note, I dont think that the carwash facilities actually FILL gear oil they dont even have proper tools to actually open the fill port.. get a proper workshop to fill it,

    You may also have faced the dreaded problem of using GL5 rated lube in your trans. your syncronizer rings are pitted and siezed.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan4772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    618
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I have experienced that the trans in the alto has badly aligned shift forks inside it, they pop out the detent ball stops from the inner shift rod..

    One another note, I dont think that the carwash facilities actually FILL gear oil they dont even have proper tools to actually open the fill port.. get a proper workshop to fill it,

    You may also have faced the dreaded problem of using GL5 rated lube in your trans. your syncronizer rings are pitted and siezed.

    Thanks Bro, but what you suggest should i do?
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    drain the oil and fill proper API GL4 rated gear oil - ZIC, emarat, fuchs all carry it, the viscosity index should not exceed SAE 90 or else it will feel like the gear lever is set in cement, if that doesnt solve it, you would need to check if your clutch plate splines are not sticking to your trans input shaft it may also be a bad pilot bearing, you can check this by revving hard and slowly declutching - if it sounds like a groan while doing it, its sticking or the pilot is siezed.

    If it passes that test, you have to have the transmission repaired. bad shift forks and end play needs to be reset.

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan4772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    618
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    drain the oil and fill proper API GL4 rated gear oil - ZIC, emarat, fuchs all carry it, the viscosity index should not exceed SAE 90 or else it will feel like the gear lever is set in cement, if that doesnt solve it, you would need to check if your clutch plate splines are not sticking to your trans input shaft it may also be a bad pilot bearing, you can check this by revving hard and slowly declutching - if it sounds like a groan while doing it, its sticking or the pilot is siezed.

    If it passes that test, you have to have the transmission repaired. bad shift forks and end play needs to be reset.
    Thnx bro,
    I will get this done tomorrow.
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Farhansa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    8,713
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    plz share your xperience

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    formula2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    others
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,043
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    brother i also owe alto,i havent changd my oil yet when i bought it was70k now its 14,1232,shall i change the oil or not??i went to suzuki workshop,he said gari japani ha isay chalta rehne dain!!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •