Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Oil for Alto VXR

Hi,

Would like to know which oil to go for for my Alto VXR its done 1,500Km(new car), should i change the oil now or wait for the 5,000Km mark. Yesterday I checked the oil in the car it was full and looked clean and new.

Also in the warranty and service book let (which is meant for Liana, Swift, Cultus, Alto APV & Jimny) it gives the following oil recomendations;

1) Brake Oil: SAE 1703 or DOT3, DOT4
    2) Engine Oil: SAE 10W-40 (SG) OR SAE 20W-50 (SG) (UPDATE: Went for Shell Hilux HX-7 with excellent results, see post #25)
    3) Transmission and Transfer Oil: SAE 75W-85 (GL-4) MULTIGRADE (UPDATE: Went for Zic Gear FF 75W85 API GL-4 with excellent results, see post #25)
    4) <S>Diffrential Oil: SAE 85W-140 (GL-5) MULTIGRADE</S>

Confused on this as I understand ONLY Engine oil & Brake Oil are for Alto rest oils are mentioned for the other cars? OR Alto also need Transmission and Transfer Oil & <S>Diffrential Oil</S>? If yes the how to check them?

Please also tell of milage before changeing the oils.

'3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the car.'

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir even a Shell HX5 will do good in F 10 engine of Alto, just change at regular intervals with a good filter, same applies for all other oils, follow your owner's manual time/mileage duration.
    Readers are Leaders.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you have Addax XQ plus 20W50 (which was available with the name gorilla XQ but now renamed for market over here) available there, go for it without any doubt. That is by far the best engine oil that I have come across so far (haven't tried liquimoly though it also contains moly). I have advised it to many having old cars and they feel progress in their engine response within a week. It has done 4,500 kms totally with AC in my car between Lahore and Muridke (G.T road here is too dusty along with total stop n go traffic) and shines like new. A person here who makes electricity generators fitted with engines from 1.6 Gli to Camry (continuous usage) uses it in them and very very satisfied with the results.
    http://www.lubritecinc.com/PDF/2010synpcmo.pdf

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok guys thanks for the help, last night I got the Engine Oil and Gear Oil changed of my car to,

Engine Oil: Shell Hilux HX-7, <S>Though now I think I should have gone for Zic A, I will next time.</s>

Gear Oil: Zic Gear FF 75W85 API GL-4, Is this the right gear oil for Alto? the gear oil that came out of alto was of green colour and zic brake oil colour was gold (i think)
    </S>
    '3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the car.'

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your engine oil option is not bad, as we see some statistics, BUT your feeling for ZIC is bcoz they are doing very aggressive marketing than any other in this sector.. that's why direction of wind...

as per prodcut data sheets by companies...
    you see, Shell HX-7 has lower viscosity 92.1 at 40 degree while retains 14.4 at 100 C, ZIC A has 98.46 as 40C and 14.4 at 100C, means Shell should have easy cold start. Both have API SM. Mobil Super S has same data like Shell.

One thing that is experienced through using is the quality of base and additives, their oxidation, shear back etc. that is all quality & strength of product.
    <table style="width: 265px; height: 108px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"><td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 139pt;" height="17" width="185">
    </td><td class="xl25" style="width: 60pt;" width="80">
    </td></tr><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"><td class="xl26" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 139pt;" height="17" width="185">
    </td><td class="xl27" align="right">
    </td></tr><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"><td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 139pt;" height="17" width="185">
    </td><td class="xl25">
    </td></tr><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"><td class="xl26" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 139pt;" height="17" width="185">
    </td><td class="xl27" align="right">
    </td></tr><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"><td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 139pt;" height="17" width="185">
    </td><td style="" class="xl25">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

fasfas thank you brother for keeping in touch with the thread, I really uppreciate your help in this regard.

I have some stats for you before and after engine oil & gear oil change. and a complete car wash, with the engine being almost totally sprayed with WD40.

BEFORE;

1) Cold start required me to pull the 'choke' and then try, without it it simply woudnt (for 3-4 tries of 5 sec each)

2) Accelator got heavy when the A/C got turned on the engine felt like its gona die. almost 40-45% engine power died turning on the a/c.

3) Average on CNG was for 450RS it did 60-70KM = 6.43/Km

4) Petrol it did for 1,500RS it did 140-160KM = 9.38/KM

5) Engine noise was not that much but was there, and when the A/C was turned it was a lot (by alot I mean didnt sound as if sth was wrong but the working noise)

After engine oil , gear oil, complete wash and using all the CNG in the car and then filling the empty tank with the best CNG I could find @ 22,000PSI (or is it 2,200PSI? for 460RS) the car on the following points (please note that i didnt felt these changes right away but only on this sunday 1.5days after getting the things done),

1) Cold start on 1st or 2nd try without need to choke the engine.

2) A/C when turned on, I felt nothing the accelatior felt light as a feather. And when pressed the car acclerated as if on petrol and cng turned of, almost 5-15% diffrence when on cng+A/C

3) Average on CNG got to for 460RS it did 125-140KM (two fillings) = 3.68/KM from 6.43/KM

4) Did not got a chance to estimate on petrol

5) Engine noise got hardly hearable, only when on A/C there was the same sound (chaaayyyyeyyeyeeeeyeeey) but very very minimal.

Also fasfas can you tell me if there is any diffrence between using a sucker (like the shell ppl use) to drain oil, or draining oil using the old tech ie from where under the engine???

One moe thing, when I put the car in 4th gear there is a snatching(like snatching onto the gear) sound comeing from the gear, the sound is very low. any reason you can think of for that? I am driving car only on low rpm on 65km/hr I change to 4th gear.(manual says max for gears are 1st: 35, 2nd: 59, 3rd: 90, 4th: 130, 5th: max) could that be the reason?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Means you have gained better ... Keep Air Filter & plugs clean and if not using dry battery then battery water level. On Petrol vehicle must start on 1st self, I am using CNG mainly, so 1st or 2nd self for CNG.

I haven't seen that sucker, didn't go to Shell shop..if it sucks metal particles from lower pan then it's ok. For new vehicle there shouldn't be much particles tension. Bottom drain method should float particles at lower pan with drain which seems good.

Can't guess about this, but mainly you need to respond to engine condition, when it demands you to go for upper gear, I don't pull much on early gears, my vehicle is old so I shift, 1st till 10~15, 2nd on 10~15 till ~40, 3rd on ~40 till 60 to 80 (80 on vertical pull) and 4th on 60/80 max till 120/140, 5th faulty not using.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fasfas View Post
    Means you have gained better ... Keep Air Filter & plugs clean and if not using dry battery then battery water level. On Petrol vehicle must start on 1st self, I am using CNG mainly, so 1st or 2nd self for CNG.

I haven't seen that sucker, didn't go to Shell shop..if it sucks metal particles from lower pan then it's ok. For new vehicle there shouldn't be much particles tension. Bottom drain method should float particles at lower pan with drain which seems good.

Can't guess about this, but mainly you need to respond to engine condition, when it demands you to go for upper gear, I don't pull much on early gears, my vehicle is old so I shift, 1st till 10~15, 2nd on 10~15 till ~40, 3rd on ~40 till 60 to 80 (80 on vertical pull) and 4th on 60/80 max till 120/140, 5th faulty not using.
    Yes all thanks to tips by you, btw what did you ment by engine sludge cleaner what is it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqastariq View Post
    Yes all thanks to tips by you, btw what did you ment by engine sludge cleaner what is it?
    A chemical liquid, to be added to old engine oil before drain for few minutes to cleanup the wax/sludge left by oils on parts, main indication new oil becomes dark colour very early after change without other reason.

see below link for some info on this...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oil-fuel-fluids-filters/143678-castrol-magnatec-10w-40-a

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List