Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default When to replace Timing Belt in Alto + how to clean speedometer

Hi Guys I have a couple of Question regarding Alto,:

1. Ideally when should the timing belt be replaced in Alto? I get a whistling sound from engine some times which goes away when I hit the accelerator. Is that because of bad timing belt?

1. How can I clean the dust inside the speedometer housing. Is there any way I can remove the plastic covering and clean it myself.

Thanks guys I will really appreciate your input.

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.

----

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never! Face the world of dangers eye to eye.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    30 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xono View Post

1. Ideally when should the timing belt be replaced in Alto? I get a whistling sound from engine some times which goes away when I hit the accelerator. Is that because of bad timing belt?

1. How can I clean the dust inside the speedometer housing. Is there any way I can remove the plastic covering and clean it myself.

I think after 100000 km timing belt must be changed ... !
    but the sound came from power belt , I think,, Better check it from a machenic !!
    Better clean speedometer from a professional !!!
    If travelling was free............ You know what i mean

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xono View Post

do change timing belt after about 60k km.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should get the timing belt changed anytime between 80K to 100K on the odo.

You can do a small DIY to clean the meter. Consult the following figures and my instructions to clean your meter...

When to replace Timing Belt in Alto  how to clean speedometer -291456

When to replace Timing Belt in Alto  how to clean speedometer -291457

1 & 2: Loosen these two screws first.
    3 & 4: You will find two more screws at the marked locations behind the steering wheel and under the cluster. Unscrew them as well...
    5: Remove the ashtray.
    6: Pull the bottom panel outward from the space that is created after removing the ashtray. It'll not require too much force.
    7: Pull the upper panel outwards. Before that, switch on your wipers and turn the right indicator on. Also switch on the hazard lights (The car should not be switched on however). This will make it easy for you to remove the upper panel. But before that, refer to 8 & 9.
    8 & 9: Pull the cup holder and you will find two screws beneath the holder at the marked positions. Unscrew them and remove the front piece of cup holder.

Now you can see the meter fixed at its place with the help of 4 visible screws. You don't have to unscrew them as you can just remove the transparent plastic cover that is clipped on the meter. Once removed, you can easily clean the meter and clip it back. Screw the pieces in place and there you go.

It won't take you more than 45 minutes. Trust me, it is easy... Perform a DIY and share with us...
    The more I get to know people, the more I like my dog!

www.alishbatours.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List